[ROM][ZTE Skate] Paranoid Android - CM9 - Tablet UI (15/12/2012)

Guest C3C0

@all

So it seems like generating of thumbnails for camcorder is fixed now :)

This means it also fixes the ability to play recorded video with default gallery player.

post-932905-0-79713000-1354529366_thumb.

Edited by C3C0

Search for betterbatterystats on xda-developers.com

This app can help you to track down the cause of battery drain.

Must be some app you installed.

Or... If you have google backup turned on it has tendency to eat your battery and data

while it tries to backup your device to google servers.

Hi, its me again :D ,

the new version runs really smoth, thanks C3C0, but since the last two builds I the blue "clear all" x in the notification bar, when theres no notification.

Did a fresh install and run PA with Hybrid-Mode turned off.

Any suggestions?

Fixed. I can't understad whose idea was to use alpha channel of image to simulate visibility...

https://github.com/ParanoidZTE/android_frameworks_base/commit/9ff36dd4cdd621a353ce69ab6064ab07d31a9267

C3C0, thanks for the new build... nice work! The only question seems not resolved its the animation affaire (disabling it in the developer options, the animations are on yet); not too important, i know :)

I checked it. Launcher animations have nothing to do with animations set in developer options. There is no link to it.

It could be possible to add option to Trebuchet for disabling animations but I don't know if it's worth investing time in it.

Still can't say how much work it would require. Also the problem is that 3rd party launchers will again have their own animations handling without link to system settings. Logicaally, because no standalone launchers can rely on if such setting is available in the system.

Here you can see the method that is called when you press button to enter app drawer. You can see that it is explicitly called with animation flag being true ignoring the option in developer settings.

/**

* Event handler for the "grid" button that appears on the home screen, which

* enters all apps mode.

* @param v The view that was clicked.

*/

public void onclickAllAppsButton(View v) {

showAllApps(true);

}

void showAllApps(boolean animated) {

if (mState != State.WORKSPACE) return;

showAppsCustomizeHelper(animated, false);

mAppsCustomizeTabHost.requestFocus();

I checked it. Launcher animations have nothing to do with animations set in developer options. There is no link to it.

C3C0, forget it. Seriously. Too many work; not worth. I thought that the behavior should be similar to that of JellyBean: in JB (for example Paranoid2.5.5/JB from Zeelog, CFX2 from Tilal... ) that switch directly controls the behavior of the animation in the launcher. I thought that this should be the general behavior. It does not matter; only that i am a little crazy of minimalism (for some things :-) and i tend to disable animations and other graphic paraphernalia.

Forget it, and thank you very much :) You're very friendly

Thanks for kind words.

If its in JB this means they must have implemented it into trebuchet additionally. I can take a look if it could be backported easily.

Guest omegavesko
I will update playstore with the next update.

Btw cm doesn't use anti-adds hosts file.

Yeah, if you want to disable ads, just use AdAway.

Also, I had a reboot today when I disabled Wi-Fi as well. I am overclocked to 960MHz, but I don't think that's the problem

New version available.

Changelog 04/12/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed generating of camcorder thumbnails

- fixed video playback in gallery using default player

- fixed visibility of "clear all notifications" button

- added missing Czech translations (thanks to shaez)

- updated Google apps (Gmail, Play store)

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Guest WiiSky70

New version available.

Changelog 04/12/2012

- merged with the latest CM9 sources

- fixed generating of camcorder thumbnails

- fixed video playback in gallery using default player

- fixed visibility of "clear all notifications" button

- added missing Czech translations (thanks to shaez)

- possible to upgrade from previous build. Refer to upgrade instructions in the first post.

Really cool stuff , i hope one day that CM9 and CM10 get's fully working and stable to use :ph34r:

Guest dejanmil

Really cool stuff , i hope one day that CM9 and CM10 get's fully working and stable to use :ph34r:

I thinnk they are now fully working, nothing to fix anymore accept for flash...but that is only a matter of time.

Guest Schwedenbitter

Changelog 04/12/2012

I never used the google stuff. For me it was always a waste of space on my Skate. The only thing I ever needed was google play to install other apps.

Does that mean, I don't need to install gapps....zip any more to have google play? :D