Complete wipe and format sd card

Guest lissali

Guest lissali

Hi, can anyone help please, I am new to this and am getting in a mess.

I have put vegacream beta 2 onto my vega using the nv flash method with the original 4gb sd card still in but am having a few issues with my browser freezing I was previously running the original modaco rom.

Installing with the nv flash method would this have done a complete wipe of my tablet and a clean install? If not can you advise on how to do a complete wipe and install again. I am sorry I have searched and searched and just got more and more confused.

I have tried to install cwm but cannot find a download link which I can be sure is the correct file.

I have now bought a new 32gb micro sd card which I would like to partition and download apps to directly if possibe once I have wiped and reinstalled the beta 2 or 3. Do I put this in the vega before doing a wipe, reinstall or after?

Any help would be great as I am going round in circles.

Thanks

Melissa

Guest Scanno

Hi Melissa,

Using the nvflash file to install VegaCream will wipe your tablet internal memory, but will not touch your sdcard. What he nvflash installation method does, is to repartition and reformat the internal (NAND) memory. If you have a new sdcard you can put it in and leave it as long as the first partition is formatted as FAT.

It will be like a complete fresh install.

About installing apps on the sdcard... you have two methods you can use..

The first method is to use the standard ICS method to put apps on the sdcard. You can put an app to the sdcard after installation when going to settings/apps and selecting the on sdcard tab. The apps that can be put on the sdcard are listed there. Select the app that you want to put on the sdcard. You will see some information about the app and you will se a button ' move to sdcard' . Press that and the app will be moved to the sdcard.

Another method is using Link2sd. Link2sd requires an additional partition on your sdcard.

Regards,

Scanno

Edited by Scanno

Guest GedBlake

Hi, can anyone help please, I am new to this and am getting in a mess.

I have put vegacream beta 2 onto my vega using the nv flash method with the original 4gb sd card still in but am having a few issues with my browser freezing I was previously running the original modaco rom.

Installing with the nv flash method would this have done a complete wipe of my tablet and a clean install? If not can you advise on how to do a complete wipe and install again. I am sorry I have searched and searched and just got more and more confused.

I have tried to install cwm but cannot find a download link which I can be sure is the correct file.

I have now bought a new 32gb micro sd card which I would like to partition and download apps to directly if possibe once I have wiped and reinstalled the beta 2 or 3. Do I put this in the vega before doing a wipe, reinstall or after?

Any help would be great as I am going round in circles.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi, Melissa...

If you've nvFlashed VegaCream, then you don't need to install ClockworkModRecovery... as it should already be installed in the App Drawer as Recovery Reboot.

Click on the Recovery Reboot icon and when requested to do so by a Superuser Request dialog box, click ALLOW. Your tablet should now boot into CWM recovery.

Here you will find options for making or restoring NANDROID backups, CWM flashing ROMs, flashing updates to the current ROM and doing a full wipe (factory reset). Normally, you would only do a full wipe if you were about to CWM flash a ROM, as nvFlashing a ROM does a full wipe anyway.

----

The stock browser freezing sounds peculiar, as I've never had issues with the browser in all the versions of VegaICS/VegaCream I've flashed on my Vega.

Try the following...

With the Vega booted normally (ie, not in CWM)

Go into settings...

- apps

-- click the ALL tab

--- scroll down to BROWSER

---- press ENTER, then press CLEAR DATA

This will reset your browser and clear out the cache, and may fix your browser issue.

If this doesnt work, then it's possible it could be BAD NAND blocks (a perennial problem of the Vega), in which case, an alternate method would be to nvFlash moddedstock v1 or v2 (available here http://www.tabletroms.com/forums/vega-rom-development/4338-multiupload-com-down-vegacomb-moddedstock-can-found-here.html) and then flash the CWM version of VegaCream... but try a factory reset first in CWM.

----

With regard to the 32gb card... Android allows some limited moving of installed apps to the sdcard, but there is something called Link2sd which allows (I think), everything to be installed on the sdcard. Unfortunately, I've never used Link2sd, so I can be of little assistance to you on this - it's one of those things I've been meaning to investigate myself, but never quite around it.

Maybe someone else could help...

----

Finally... yes, your SD card should be in the Vega when performing a full wipe or reinstall... the only reason I ever remove my sdcard is to put it into an sdcard adapter for my laptop in order to backup it's contents or to copy a downloaded CWM ROM to it (which needs to be on the sdcard for this method of flashing).

Hope this helps...

GED.

Edited by GedBlake

Guest swarrans

When I upgraded to Vegacream Beta 2.1 I wiped the SD card, but I also get intermittent browser crashes and freezes. I've tried the stock browser and Dolphin but they both do it from time to time. I just reboot when this happens and it's OK then.

I don't think the Vega hardware is really up to running these latest roms without some issues - I also have problems playing Flash content

Guest lissali

Thanks to everyone for all the advice it has really helped clear everything up. I will leave the rom as it is now and just swap to my new sd card and see how I go.

Thanks again.

Melissa