Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dimmanramone
Im having a weird issue with lightflow and was wondering if anyone had any insight.

I was using blackice kangorade before this ROM had the settings for my LED to stay on when the screen was awake. I dont think this ROM has a setting for that. Anyways when i get a sms it works but the only way to stop the light from flashing is to go into lightflow. So far i havent noticed this when any other of my notifications.

I did a factory reset/wipe before installing this ROM. Should i have cleared davlik or anything else. Is anyone else noticing this issue?

I have never used lightflow but I don't have any problems with trackball alert. Maybe you should try trackball alert and see if you are getting the same behavior there too.

Edited by dimmanramone

Guest dr mindBlown

Hi Paul,

Great work on the ROM.

I'm struggling to find Sound Search, I couldn't find it so I tried downloading it from here.

When I installed it I got this:

Screenshot_2012-07-01-18-33-48.jpg

Am I being thick?

Great work again, up the Gunners and all that :)

Andy

sound search works here...but its just a widget. and it actually works pretty good. =)

Guest siedkins

I seem to have issues with the phone app. I can't answer calls or hang up on existing calls or use keypad in a call to get voice mail options for example. I did a full wipe and have flashed the updates here a few times. Anyone else seen this? I am guessing my options are to flash a pre-bake or full wipe again?

EDIT

Full wipe and reinstall of a fresh bake fixed it.

I really don't understand it - after a full wipe and fresh bake, the problem is back again - I can't answer calls. I just don't get it. The screen is unresponsive and I can't move the circle to answer the call.

Can anyone suggest anything to try? I can't think what is messing with the Phone app.

Guest PaulOBrien

Im having a weird issue with lightflow and was wondering if anyone had any insight.

I was using blackice kangorade before this ROM had the settings for my LED to stay on when the screen was awake. I dont think this ROM has a setting for that. Anyways when i get a sms it works but the only way to stop the light from flashing is to go into lightflow. So far i havent noticed this when any other of my notifications.

I did a factory reset/wipe before installing this ROM. Should i have cleared davlik or anything else. Is anyone else noticing this issue?

The TBA mod allows the LED to flash when screen is on, and the notification should clear when you clear the notification (at least with TBA). Not sure how Lightflow works?

I really don't understand it - after a full wipe and fresh bake, the problem is back again - I can't answer calls. I just don't get it. The screen is unresponsive and I can't move the circle to answer the call.

Can anyone suggest anything to try? I can't think what is messing with the Phone app.

Have you restored any apps at this point?

P

Guest dimmanramone

I noticed something weird today that I did noticed before because I was usually charging my phone over night.

I'm charging with AC adapter and it says that I'm charging with USB.

Anyone else getting that?

Guest siedkins

P

So isolate one by one if it is an app or something to do with TiBU that is playing havoc with the phone?

Guest Zarch1972

Tried to come from ir11 with only a Davlik wipe, got System UI crashes upon boot. :wacko:

Ended up having to do a full wipe and subsequent Titanium backup.

Guest PaulOBrien

So isolate one by one if it is an app or something to do with TiBU that is playing havoc with the phone?

So you have restored apps? It works on the stock ROM... so if you have restored some things from backup then it's obviously one of those!

P

Guest Brembo109

Hey Guys i have a new problem with JR1. After flashing, i started Titanium Backup and it says: "Your Android ID has changed, Ignore/Ask later/Go back to old ID". No matter if I ignore it or go back to my old ID, TB stops working because it thinks i have not bought an PRO key. So i restored an backup and started TB, and it worked. So this had to be my old correct ID. I noticed it on a paper to compare it with the one TB goes back when i click "Go back to old ID", and it is a totally different ID. Any ideas how to get my old Android ID back on JR1?

Paul do you have any idea about the changing android ID i wrote before? why does it change wenn i flash this rom?

Okay problem solved. I made a full wipe, and deleted all files in the storage with my pc, so the storage was totally empty. Then flashed a new kitchen rom from this morning (after paul had added flash) without TB and reinstalled all my apps over the market (no restore with TB). And no every licensed app works without problems and my android ID is not changed.

I think this was the biggest cleanup i ever made on a phone, but i´m happy now. I love JB.

Thank you Paul :-)

Guest drewstiff

Hi, any idea what went wrong here?

Just downoaded a kitchen and installed on the device. Boot hangs on the google logo now.

adb logcat is showing this in a endless loop

I/Netd	( 3145): Netd 1.0 starting

I/Netd	( 3155): Netd 1.0 starting

E/BandwidthController( 3155): runIptablesCmd(): failed /system/bin/iptables -t raw -N bw_raw_PREROUTING res=256

E/BandwidthController( 3155): runIptablesCmd(): failed /system/bin/ip6tables -t raw -N bw_raw_PREROUTING res=256

D/MDnsDS  ( 3155): MDnsSdListener::Hander starting up

D/MDnsDS  ( 3155): MDnsSdListener starting to monitor

D/MDnsDS  ( 3155): Going to poll with pollCount 1

This is the same problem I had; the only way around it for me was to use a pre-bake instead. Even if I used the pre-bake and then updated it with a kitchen ROM, the same problem occurred.

I also had to do a full wipe before installing pre-bake (as otherwise I had no status bar or nav buttons) but even then as soon as I installed a kitchen ROM, the above boot problem would happen.

In the end I just wiped, installed pre-bake and restored apps with Titanium Backup; I hope that when I next come to using a kitchen ROM, I don't get the same problem as if so it seems a bit of a waste when I'm paying for the kitchen (other than the fact I am supporting the site and Paul's fantastic work, obviously!).

Edited by drewstiff

Guest mark2410

5.8GHz WiFi Band Question:

I noticed that since I flashed Jr-1 I can no longer see AP's in the 5.8GHz WiFi range...

I understand that this could be a baseband issue with the new ROM (currently running UGLC1).

*** UPDATE ***

Even with the XXLF1 Baseband, I still cannot scan the 5.8GHz bands; anyone else seeing this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

i see 5ghz fine here

Guest nmesisca

Can someone explain to me why apps such as Magazines Books Movies and the Sound Search widget have been frozen in this rom in the first place? I got the prebake, is there any way I can change their status in the rom before flashing?

Guest Brembo109
Can someone explain to me why apps such as Magazines Books Movies and the Sound Search widget have been frozen in this rom in the first place? I got the prebake, is there any way I can change their status in the rom before flashing?

You can unfreeze them with Titanium Backup after flashing the prebake. Maybe Paul freezed them before making the prebake or so :-)

Guest nmesisca

You can unfreeze them with Titanium Backup after flashing the prebake. Maybe Paul freezed them before making the prebake or so :-)

yeah thanks i know how to unfreeze them after flashing the rom.. I asked how to do it before flashing though..

Guest PaulOBrien

It looks like some Google feature based on your region...

P

Guest nmesisca

It looks like some Google feature based on your region...

P

not really if I unfreeze them after flashing they at least start (with no content but they start). I am referring more to the Sound Search widget, which is not country aware at all, but is still frozen. Can you please explain how can I unfreeze it in the rom, before flashing?

thanks

N

Guest Mrkasser7

The TBA mod allows the LED to flash when screen is on, and the notification should clear when you clear the notification (at least with TBA). Not sure how Lightflow works?

P

Lightflow gives you options pull down notification bar, screen on, or app entering. Must be a problem on their side then. Its really messed up tho because theres no option with light flow to keep the light on when the screen is on. Pulling down the notification bar temporarily works then when you turn the screen off it comes back again. Where is it getting the ability to keep the light on when the screen is on ugh. I'll try out trackball alert for a bit

Update:

Trackball alert doesnt work for me at all tried to test the notification and got nothing. Lightflow asks for superuser rights anytime i go into the list of notifications it is being used on. Tried denying su rights, also tried turning of the enable alert on tba to see if that affected it. No change really weird

Edited by Mrkasser7

Guest seamonkey420

This is the same problem I had; the only way around it for me was to use a pre-bake instead. Even if I used the pre-bake and then updated it with a kitchen ROM, the same problem occurred.

I also had to do a full wipe before installing pre-bake (as otherwise I had no status bar or nav buttons) but even then as soon as I installed a kitchen ROM, the above boot problem would happen.

In the end I just wiped, installed pre-bake and restored apps with Titanium Backup; I hope that when I next come to using a kitchen ROM, I don't get the same problem as if so it seems a bit of a waste when I'm paying for the kitchen (other than the fact I am supporting the site and Paul's fantastic work, obviously!).

i still personally believe the modaco kitchen was having major issues the first day we saw the JR1 released. i know i baked several roms that all had issues installing on my gnex. i then baked a brand new rom late in the night and had zero issues since except the google maps and latitude friends not showing.. i'd rebake a rom and try flashign again :)

Guest seamonkey420

yeah thanks i know how to unfreeze them after flashing the rom.. I asked how to do it before flashing though..

?? they shouldn't be frozen in the rom since Titanium Backup allows you to freeze after the fact. have you backed up all data and try a full cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe, factory reset/wipe in CWR? also be sure to delete the DATA AND ANDROID folders on the sdcard when you plug in the phone to pc before wiping too. i've seen a ton of issues w/various android versions and cache data on the sdcard on the gnex (/mnt/sdcard in root explorer, adb)

Edited by seamonkey420

Guest Mattbisme123

Hi,

in my prebake, facebook contact sync is not showing any people in my contacts, also sound search widget is not showing and google wallet was working, but has now FC on reboot of my device, i used it successfully to buy some fredo frogs before hand.

Thanks

Matt

Guest nmesisca

?? they shouldn't be frozen in the rom since Titanium Backup allows you to freeze after the fact. have you backed up all data and try a full cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe, factory reset/wipe in CWR? also be sure to delete the DATA AND ANDROID folders on the sdcard when you plug in the phone to pc before wiping too. i've seen a ton of issues w/various android versions and cache data on the sdcard on the gnex (/mnt/sdcard in root explorer, adb)

I dont use Titanium Backup. And I flashed this rom after completely wiping system/data/caches AND doing a factory reset (coming from CM9). only thing I didnt do is removing the data and android folder from the sdcard.