Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Waspdroid

Jr2 prebake online! :)

Next task - find where the pesky package disabling is happening...

P

Thank you for all the great work!

Guest Waspdroid

Jr2 prebake online! :)

Next task - find where the pesky package disabling is happening...

P

Duplicate

Edited by Waspdroid

Guest tonnytech

Hi,

recently purchased kitchen as very happy with new jb rom. I installed new rom last night (havent checked maps yet) but everything seems to be working aok , i have had one force close on contacts but other then that top stuff thanks paul :)

** nice to see another update will flash later when back from work :)

Edited by tonnytech

Guest drewstiff

Paul, sorry to be pest but as you may have noticed from G+ I recently tried completely restoring my phone to the factory 4.0.4 image (yes I stupidly didn't back-up my SD) and then re-flashing the ROM with my preference of kitchen settings. Again my phone froze on the Google screen and gave those iptables errors in a loop that I posted earlier in the thread.

Is there a way for me to export my kitchen options so that you or someone else could test whether they fail on another device?

I seem to be able to flash the pre-bake successfully so I can only think it must be the combination of options I am using causing the problem somewhere.

I promise you I'm not technologically retarded and I really believe there is a bug here somewhere :blush:

Guest vagelis

Franko Kernel jb-217 is playing nicely with this jr2

One happy Nexus

May I ask what are your settings? Franco's xda thread has become almost impossible to follow.

Thank you in advance for any knowledge sharing.

Guest FatherD

Hi, no problem

This is with auto brightness and using Franko Kernel application to set the following :

Cpu: min 384, max 1305, interactive.

Max screen off: 384.

No power modes set!

Colour multipliers r:112, g:142, b:200

Trinity's contrast : -18

Omap4 Gamma : 1.2

All other settings and toggles are left as default. I find this gives good battery life, deep clear colours! Might be a bit dark for some, it will depend on your screen. I always use the 512gpu version of franko's.

Have fun! :-D

Guest MacAllan

Is there a new bootloader to be used with this rom, i'm still on PRIMELA03, and if it's the case where can i find it as a zip to be istalled with CWM?

Guest DarkGruf

Is there a new bootloader to be used with this rom, i'm still on PRIMELA03, and if it's the case where can i find it as a zip to be istalled with CWM?

Last one is PRIMELC03 afaik, that's what I have and it's working well.You can fnd it on the bootloader thread on xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1587498

direct link to the .zip : http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1161468&d=1340866238

Edited by DarkGruf

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul, sorry to be pest but as you may have noticed from G+ I recently tried completely restoring my phone to the factory 4.0.4 image (yes I stupidly didn't back-up my SD) and then re-flashing the ROM with my preference of kitchen settings. Again my phone froze on the Google screen and gave those iptables errors in a loop that I posted earlier in the thread.

Is there a way for me to export my kitchen options so that you or someone else could test whether they fail on another device?

I seem to be able to flash the pre-bake successfully so I can only think it must be the combination of options I am using causing the problem somewhere.

I promise you I'm not technologically retarded and I really believe there is a bug here somewhere :blush:

This is on the 4.1.1 image right? Strange as it's completely rebuilt!

Any chance of a CDMA version?

Not planned at this time, sorry... due to problems being able to test.

I recommend updating to the LC03 release!

P

Guest comicbookguy

Last one is PRIMELC03 afaik, that's what I have and it's working well.You can fnd it on the bootloader thread on xda.

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1587498

direct link to the .zip : http://forum.xda-dev...08&d=1340826182

i think that direct link is for the LA03 bootloader, not the LC03?

try: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1161467&d=1340866238

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest drewstiff

This is on the 4.1.1 image right? Strange as it's completely rebuilt!

Yes I know, it's ridiculous, but: I used the official 4.0.4 image that completely wipes the device, didn't log in to Google account, rooted and installed CWM then flashed kitchen ROM without installing any apps from Market (as I hadn't logged in).

If you (or anyone else) has the time to test I am happy to admit I am batshit crazy if the following works fine:

Default options except:

+Nova Launcher

+ROM Manager

+TeslaLED

+Titanium Backup

+Menu button on right also active when hidden

<removed>Menu button on both sides also active when hidden

+Percentage Battery Meter (Stock Style)

+CyanogenMod Contacts / Dialer

+Disable Camera Shutter Sound

+Patched SQLite Library (nosync)

<removed>Trackball Alert (free version)

I understand you have better things to do with your life Paul but if you happen to get chance to prove me wrong I would be grateful. I just want to be able to flash kitchen ROMs of my preference like I was able to pre-Jelly Bean.

Other than this post I will not mention it again unless someone else continues the conversation ;)

Guest avelec

I recommend updating to the LC03 release!

P

Hi Paul, is the recommended bootloader LC03 only for European gnex? I'm still on XXKK6 (T-Mobile USA). Thanks.

Guest comicbookguy

Hi Paul, is the recommended bootloader LC03 only for European gnex? I'm still on XXKK6 (T-Mobile USA). Thanks.

Are you mixing up Baseband Radios and Bootloaders there?

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

Switch the phone off, switch it back on into boot loader mode (both volume keys and power together) and the text in the bottom left of the screen under the android will give you your bootloader version

Then push power again to reboot normally

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest avelec

Switch the phone off, switch it back on into boot loader mode (both volume keys and power together) and the text in the bottom left of the screen under the android will give you your bootloader version

Then push power again to reboot normally

adb reboot bootloader[/CODE]

Check your current version on that screen.

I downloaded "cwm-bootloader-lc03.zip" and I guess uses clockworkmod to flash, correct? Thank you.

Edited by avelec

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes I know, it's ridiculous, but: I used the official 4.0.4 image that completely wipes the device, didn't log in to Google account, rooted and installed CWM then flashed kitchen ROM without installing any apps from Market (as I hadn't logged in).

Could you...

- make a build

- test if you still get the crash

- if so, PM me the filename and i'll test it on my device (I can pull it from the server)

Great ROM! Thank you Paul!

P.S. No CNAP (Name Display) :(

Still on the list!

P

Guest siedkins

Quick one and more of a general Android issue. I've just found my battery drain rapidly and that was due to Evernote keeping the device awake. It's not happened before and the only thing I can think of was me sharing from one app to Evernote to save something. Is there anything I can do to help make sure this doesn't happen again? Or take it up with the Evernote Devs? I am at least happy that I've isolated the issue via BetterBatteryStats and the Battery menu. Can I pull any logs via aLogCat that would help?

I'm looking forward to the 4.1.1. update ....