Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes I know, it's ridiculous, but: I used the official 4.0.4 image that completely wipes the device, didn't log in to Google account, rooted and installed CWM then flashed kitchen ROM without installing any apps from Market (as I hadn't logged in).

If you (or anyone else) has the time to test I am happy to admit I am batshit crazy if the following works fine:

Default options except:

+Nova Launcher

+ROM Manager

+TeslaLED

+Titanium Backup

+Menu button on right also active when hidden

<removed>Menu button on both sides also active when hidden

+Percentage Battery Meter (Stock Style)

+CyanogenMod Contacts / Dialer

+Disable Camera Shutter Sound

+Patched SQLite Library (nosync)

<removed>Trackball Alert (free version)

I understand you have better things to do with your life Paul but if you happen to get chance to prove me wrong I would be grateful. I just want to be able to flash kitchen ROMs of my preference like I was able to pre-Jelly Bean.

Other than this post I will not mention it again unless someone else continues the conversation ;)

Try NOT choosing the patched sqlite library...

P

Guest siedkins

You'll need to take that up with evernote.

The 4.1.1 update has been live a while now btw!

P

Agreed I will do. Also I meant that I'm looking forward to trying out the update - been buried with work and no time for tinkering.

Guest comicbookguy

So if the freezing issue was caused by the patched SQLite option, there's no point updating if it wasn't selected in my bake? (I haven't noticed any frozen apps)....

Guest gadgetgaz

Oh, GOOD NEWS, I found where the package disabling is happening and have a fix ready to upload! :)

P

Excellent news! Thanks again, Paul.

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

I'll be a guinea pig for CDMA. Do you need me to pull any files from my phone?

I'll ping you once I have time to do a CDMA version.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

Update! :)

This update removes the 'disable apps on startup' for apps that aren't intended for your region 'feature'. Apps that are currently disabled will need to be enabled, but once you've done that, they should stay that way. :)

This will come to the prebake in the next drop (Jr3), probably in the next day or so. Enjoy! :)

P

Changelog

12th July 20:50

• Removed the 'disable apps on startup' for apps that aren't intended for your region 'feature'.
  • Minor changes to the Trackball Alert support.

Guest MacAllan

@Paul

Could you explain the differens between a "yakju" (device/rom) and a "Takju"?

I wonder since this rom lists as a Takju and the Google original should be yakju.

Guest PaulOBrien
@Paul

I wonder since this rom lists as a Takju and the Google original should be yakju.

Takju includes wallet.

P

Guest dimmanramone
@Paul

takju is the model/build for the gsm nexus that you can buy from the google store. yakju the gsm model that you can buy in the stores.

update : or I'm totally wrong :-) I thought anyway that it was like that.

Edited by dimmanramone

Guest Chris 85

Hi Guys,

Great ROM Paul - I'm really loving it, my phone's never performed better or ran smother! One issue I've just noticed (which may be specific to my device, perhaps I need to wipe again and re-install the ROM), but I've just attempted to save a photo as a contact picture, and it doesn't seem to be living it, once you get to the screen where you have to crop the picture, then click cancel/save, nothing happens?. . . Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks again!

Guest Leontine Oort

Hello, Thank You For Your RoM, Is It Possible To Add A 25 And 36 Dpi Navbar In The Kitchen ? That's The Only Thing I'm Missing!

Leontine

Guest surfsmurf

One issue I've found so far: If I bake Maps into the ROM, Latitude displays none of my friends and I can't invite them. If I don't bake it in and download from the Market instead, Latitude works as expected and finds all my friends.

Guest PaulOBrien
One issue I've found so far: If I bake Maps into the ROM, Latitude displays none of my friends and I can't invite them. If I don't bake it in and download from the Market instead, Latitude works as expected and finds all my friends.

Yes, this seems to happen on stock too I think?

P

Guest dr RomAno

Thx Paul for ROM

I've some problems with contacts, when I add new foto or refreshing it, I can't cut and save in contacts app.

Have I - reflash ROM or re bake rom ??

Thx for help

Guest corpisa

Yes, this seems to happen on stock too I think?

P

finally got my subscription going :) !!! already cooked my first rom last night!!!

i cooked maps and I'm able to see my friends <_< so far...

great stuff having this kitchen available, ready to keep cooking !!!!! :P :P :P

slds,

Guest wizard83

Finally I subscribed at modaco ad free.

Paul, I follow your work since my first android LG optimus 2x (do you remember how buggy was v10a?), then Galaxy s2 and now galaxy nexus.

Love the kithen!

Just one question: do you plan to add also some kind of toggles on the status bar?

Guest PaulOBrien
Finally I subscribed at modaco ad free.

Paul, I follow your work since my first android LG optimus 2x (do you remember how buggy was v10a?), then Galaxy s2 and now galaxy nexus.

Love the kithen!

Just one question: do you plan to add also some kind of toggles on the status bar?

Yes...

P