Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Cathal Garrad

Volume + is working pretty well for me on Jr2, despite what it says on Google Play. The Dev's website ( androidaudiohacks) says its not working, but mine restored from backup and seems OK..........

App works and all the options are changeable but the volume remains the same no matter which volume adjustment you pick.

Guest comicbookguy

Have read through all the posts and can't see any additional info on this. I selected it in the kitchen and it is installed on my device but it isn't functioning in the browser. For instance, BBC sport just tells me that flash is not installed and takes me to the market which says Flash player is incompatible with my device.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Paul

If by "browser" you mean Chrome, flash isn't compatible. It still works in the stock browser tho. Adobe have discontinued flash support for Android 4.1 and higher, so you can't install it from the market either. Moving forward, saving the latest .apk and side loading it, or including it in a baked ROM will be the only ways to get it until site developers stop using it....... grr.

Guest comicbookguy

App works and all the options are changeable but the volume remains the same no matter which volume adjustment you pick.

Definitely modding headphone jack & Bluetooth music volumes for me ... using Franco r220 kernel, not the ROM one if that makes any difference. Also did you change your audio over from "music Fx" to "volume+" in the phone sound settings?

The Franco kernel updater allows you to boost volume from the kernel settings, but I've had problems using that as it causes my music player to FC......

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Cathal Garrad

Definitely modding headphone jack & Bluetooth music volumes for me ... using Franco r220 kernel, not the ROM one if that makes any difference. Also did you change your audio over from "music Fx" to "volume+" in the phone sound settings?

The Franco kernel updater allows you to boost volume from the kernel settings, but I've had problems using that as it causes my music player to FC......

Franco only goes up to 3 which is barely discernible ;-)

No option to change sound (in settings, sound) to volume+ and the old ICS musicFx is gone from Settings, Apps, all apps ;-(

Guest jmagee

Franco only goes up to 3 which is barely discernible ;-)

No option to change sound (in settings, sound) to volume+ and the old ICS musicFx is gone from Settings, Apps, all apps ;-(

It's under sound, music effects

Guest comicbookguy

It's under sound, music effects

did you uncheck the Music FX option in the kitchen? i did, so maybe thats the difference- if you cant switch in settings anymore, you cant enable Volume+........?

Guest PaulOBrien

There is an issue with Flash Player in the existing build, I'll be fixing this in the morning then posting the Jr3 prebake.

P

Guest ethicalstrategy

There is an issue with Flash Player in the existing build, I'll be fixing this in the morning then posting the Jr3 prebake.

P

Many thanks.

Guest b1ck132

Hey Paul,

I've been in love with your ROMs since Hero times.

Always great work, Android community is lucky to have a great dev like you, and its great to see you giving so much support to the GNex.

Tbh, I've not tried the GNex ROM of yours, because the stock experience is already great for me.

But I've a problem with the SMS encoding which makes me unable to use any keyboard with dictionaries.

Since the Turkish dictionaries of all popular keyboards have Turkish letters in them, the number of characters usable in SMS drastically drops to 70.

With GB and before I used to use the grsat HTC_ime that could replace those Turkish chars with latin ones, so the SMS encoding wasn't an issue when I was using the N1.

But since I bought the GNex last December, I've been unable to use any dictionaries which makes txting a painful experience.

Is it possible somehow to force the SMS encoding system to a way where suing Turkish chars wont create a problem? Is it somehow possible for you to do that in your ROM, or is it already there?( i think this can be done in the Samsing SII and III already)

Thanks for the support already, yours will probably the first/only ROM I would choose over the stock ROMs.

Guest montalbert

anyone else having issues baking in the kitchen? whenever i click bake it takes me to the products page, even though i am an adfree member (purchased when i bought gnex in december)...

Guest montalbert

clearing cache didnt work. did it. signed in again.... still same. tried it in firefox which i have never used for this site and still nothing :

Not Found

The requested URL /cache/1342597569/180712-0946-Jr3-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-3db842cc25a4a4e9e68c38d365052405.zip was not found on this server.

any other ideas?

thx

Guest harmz

Hi all,

Is anyone having any issues with the contacts app? after flashing the ROM, I can open contacts and can see all of the contacts from the different accounts I've set up (Hotmail, Google, Facebook). However if I select for it just to show the Google contacts, I get a force close with an error message stating it's stopped responding.

I can see contacts through the phone app, and can filter them through that, but I cannot get it to go via the Contacts app.

Can anyone help please? I've formatted and re-flashed the phone twice now and each time it's exactly the same.

Thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien

Jr4 online, including prebake.

:)

P

Changelog

18th July 15:00

• Upgraded / fixed Flash Player and added BBC iPlayer to the kitchen.