Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

i keep having the status 7 error in cwm. according to the interwebs http://androidforums...-look-here.html it means i'm flashing the wrong version of the rom, but i'm pretty sure this rom is gsm, and so is my phone. anyone have any ideas? i've tried two three downloads from the kitchen and the same problem occurs

I am still having the same problem with the latest kitchen (Just tried it 10 minutes ago), which frankly leaves me baffled...I've been using paul's roms since Ir-single-digits (Ir7 or something), so I know what I'm doing/supposed to do, but this is the first time I'm having such problems...anyone got any idea?

Edit :

If It's of any use, here's the installation "log" from CWM Recovery

-- Installing: /sdcard/update/241012-0318-Jr7-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-1d4eef31a07e09685d718187d1fba802.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

created by @paulorien - http://www.MoDaCo.com

Writing sdcard

Writing Data

Writing System

Creating symlinks and checking permissions

set_perm: some changes failed!

E:Error in /sdcard/update/241012-0318-Jr7-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-1d4eef31a07e09685d718187d1fba802.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I admit I haven't tried wiping the phone before flashing because I'm too lazy to setup the phone again, but if I really have to I'll (reluctantly) do so...thank god i have a copy of Ir6 in my phone!

Edited by cassio

Guest comicbookguy

When would Jr7 prebake be available for download? or I have to pay for subscription?

Usually once all the bugs are worked out of the kitchen!

Guest John Carroll

I'm running JR7 but noticed the number of baked roms in the kitchen is now a much smaller number than when I made mine. I see a generic changelog, but it looks like there are sub-versions with slightly different configurations or fixes (ie. fixing the kitchen) I'm not having any issues atm but am interested in what is going on under the hood. Does Paul keep a detailed changelog somewhere, or note when a new subversion is posted? Thanks.

Guest mbroeders

I am still having the same problem with the latest kitchen (Just tried it 10 minutes ago), which frankly leaves me baffled...I've been using paul's roms since Ir-single-digits (Ir7 or something), so I know what I'm doing/supposed to do, but this is the first time I'm having such problems...anyone got any idea?

Edit :

If It's of any use, here's the installation "log" from CWM Recovery

-- Installing: /sdcard/update/241012-0318-Jr7-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-1d4eef31a07e09685d718187d1fba802.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Installing update...

created by @paulorien - http://www.MoDaCo.com

Writing sdcard

Writing Data

Writing System

Creating symlinks and checking permissions

set_perm: some changes failed!

E:Error in /sdcard/update/241012-0318-Jr7-update-modacocustomrom-galaxynexus-kitchen-unsigned-MD5-1d4eef31a07e09685d718187d1fba802.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

I admit I haven't tried wiping the phone before flashing because I'm too lazy to setup the phone again, but if I really have to I'll (reluctantly) do so...thank god i have a copy of Ir6 in my phone!

I believe I had the same errors (on my own build i must admit; did not have time to figure out the problem). However, wiping my system prior to flashing fixed it. You can give that a try (but make sure you do a nandroid backup first!!).

Guest davidalow44

I just baked sort of a minimalist JR7 (no Gallery), flashed Franco's latest stable, and found I have no Camera app! Any ideas? I'll try another bake, including Gallery.

------

That did the trick - the Camera app accompanied Gallery.

Edited by davidalow44

Guest davidalow44

I dunno, it's stable for me with the Franco kernel. Trackball Alert Pro is working, power consumption is light. I guess a lot depends on our usage habits and the history of our individual phones. Going to Cynaogen might be fun, but it won't necessarily address our individual gripes..

It does seem that Paul has distractions, but so do many of us. I'm wondering if 4.1.2 might be a good resting spot for a while.

Guest congrey

I don't have grudge against Paul. He makes excellent ROMs. Off course, we all know how many devices has Paul to keep up. Unfortunately, GN is not in priority list. But I would like to have ability to modify contacts for example.

Edited by congrey

Guest John Carroll

I migrated last weekend on one of my two GNex's. I'm new to CM10 so I'm enjoying all the customization and figuring out where everything is. If you have paid TiBu you can be back up and running with all your apps in CM10 in about 20 minutes or less. I've got solid JR6 and JR7 nandroids backed up on my PC. I've also made a CM10 nandroid so I can begin installing nightlies (once a week).

Looks like it's time to migrate to Cyanogen.....

My thought was that Paul was not (could not) put anymore effort into JR7 and was going to wait until 4.2 (JR8?) .... just don't understand why he hasn't posted a pre-bake for JR7 to bring the others along. He does have quite a following on this board... he may very well be overwhelmed just now.

...It does seem that Paul has distractions, but so do many of us. I'm wondering if 4.1.2 might be a good resting spot for a while.

Guest Cathal Garrad

Hey Paul. Are you going to release roms for the Nexus 4.

Ill pick one up if you are.

Is there a list of current / future supported devices?

Guest Dieter Schroeder

Really?

Ir6 is still the latest one on prebakes?

WTF.

You'll get what you've paid for.

Or to quote Lou Reed: "If you don't like the music, go to another club."

Guest fishman18

I signed up via trialpay over a week ago so I could bake the latest Galaxy Nexus rom, and depite raising 2 support calls I'm no nearer having my membership activated.

Love the rom, and happy to do the full signup if the trialpay is a waste of time, but the lack of any support response isnt great :(

Guest mark2410

I don't have grudge against Paul. He makes excellent ROMs. Off course, we all know how many devices has Paul to keep up. Unfortunately, GN is not in priority list. But I would like to have ability to modify contacts for example.

ditto, for all my random moaning which is generally what drives me to post something there is a reason i use mcr and buy the membership thing. ovor all the devices ive used on the whole they are the best roms at the time. (sensation xe the obvious exception)

Guest tmille777

I am using a Verizon CDMA Galaxy nexus. I recently tried to install JR 7 onto my Gnex since I thought I saw a post by Paul saying that JR 7 should be CDMA friendly. Unfortuatenly, when I activated my phone after launching the newly installed rom, I did not get any service. Any suggestions?

Guest siedkins

Have you tried them in this Rom?

Just reading through the comments sections of Android Blogs that have posted these - lots of people saying Launcher crashes. One person has said to only use it on a deodexed ROM and also people saying it doesn't work on CM10 / AOKP.

Hmmmmm

I'm using gmail, camera and clock without any problem at all. I installed Nexus7's Calendar and it works like a charm as well.

Leo

Galaxy Nexus

ROM: Modaco Jr7

Baseband: I9250XXLF1

Kernel: Franco - 3.0.44 Milestone 6