Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest CaspaTheGhost

With all the chatter of JB's greatness I gotta give it a try, dragging me away from AOKP and my beloved themes and setup, but gotta be an MCR special bake with at least some inverted apps... Just waiting for the oven to go ping...

Guest munkiii

Same issue, even with the pre-bake :(

I had systemUI force closes and wasn't able to fix it.

I had to do a full wipe and the JB rom worked. Worth it though, JB is nice.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Wipe and report back. It's a different version of Android so best practice irrespective of the reports from other people.

Is it doable to wipe, then restore apps and data apps with titanium backup? Had so many work putting my phone as I like it... don't wanna lose hours again customizing again. Lol

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Does anyone know if Franco kernel updater updates to the jelly bean kernel? Nightly builds?

And this? Can anyone confirm?

Guest dimmanramone

I would also like to add thanks. And finally coming round to my way of thinking with no search button, just leave it on the bar. I like symmetry :-)

Edit 1: I'm also having issues with system.ui but hey what's new :-) just getting fc and no keys at all. Trying a clean install now with custom options otherwise will nandroid and try again tomorrow. Kinda liking the new boot screen

Edit 2: with a full wipe and install it works no problem

Search button is kind of not needed anymore, long pressing the home button you can go to search. Symmetry is an other thing, but we could use that space to something else mayne?

Guest dimmanramone

And this? Can anyone confirm?

I think that franco was quite busy with compiling kernels for both ics and jb. So I guess he didn't update yet the app. But you should actually ask that in francos thread in xda for that.

Franco Kernel Updater is FC'ing for me.

Do you still use stock kernel with the app? Probably is because of that if you still do.

Guest Deerhunter48

Hi Paul,

great work - thanx! Works fine so far.

The only thing I´m missing is a way to change LCD Density - may be as an option in the kitchen.

Guest CaspaTheGhost

With all the chatter of JB's greatness I gotta give it a try, dragging me away from AOKP and my beloved themes and setup, but gotta be an MCR special bake with at least some inverted apps... Just waiting for the oven to go ping...

Just flashed, liking the boot animation...

Guest ed.dark

Anyone getting a slow camera focus and slow shutter speed on this pre bake? Was very fast on the last mcr.... I tried full wipe but very long delay between button press to photo take... :-(

Guest Brembo109
Anyone getting a slow camera focus and slow shutter speed on this pre bake? Was very fast on the last mcr.... I tried full wipe but very long delay between button press to photo take... :-(

No problems here, fast as normal

Guest dimmanramone

Did one more clean install with a new bake from the kithcen, Titanium doesn't fcs anymore, everything is working great but I noticed something strange with both Superuser and SuperSU, I don't any prompt anymore in both about granting su access in the apps.

Another thing that I noticed is that some of the options in the kitchen are not working like should be, even if I chose not to have wallet I still got it in the ROM.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

OK... worked. I did a full wipe and restored apps with Titanium. No more FCS por no buttons.

Franco kernel updater also crashes here. But im still using kernel that came with this ROM. Going to xda to get new one.

Still testing but didnt noticed any big issues so far.

The only thing is cell radio bar. Not even a bar. Empty. Installed new radio

Guest Paulo Nobrega
Did one more clean install with a new bake from the kithcen, Titanium doesn't fcs anymore, everything is working great but I noticed something strange with both Superuser and SuperSU, I don't any prompt anymore in both about granting su access in the apps.

Another thing that I noticed is that some of the options in the kitchen are not working like should be, even if I chose not to have wallet I still got it in the ROM.

Strange... wallet didnt install here

Guest totriz

I like the search button, every app has the search button in different places, if they have it, I prefer to have a dedicated search button on the same place every time. Saves me time and effort in remembering or searching for the button on the app I'm using.

It's the same with the menu button, it's not needed, because every app needs to have a settings button now, but I still use the invisible menu button every time, because it's always in the same place

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Grrr. Installed the new Rom and asked me again for the network unlock code...

Now the codes I've got from samsungunlock.com are not working.

My phone is locked again :-(

Guest Jasperov

Would like percentage battery meter too if possible Paul, no rush but it would be nice. I'll wait for that and CM Dialer before I flash again. First flash I had no Phone app, reflashed and it's appeared..

Guest seamonkey420

just flashed this today and am loving it!! seemed like the kitchen was having a few issues initially today around 1pm CST usa time, my zips wouldn't flash but baked a new one at 3pm and all installed well! notice that the calendar app isn't showing in Google now.

jellybean does feel fast and the new notifcations tray is nice too! :) nice rom Paul!! thanks for the great early rom! feels almost stable release like :D

Guest Mike Temporale

Flash the pre-bake as a working starting point!

Sounds like you have a rogue option...?

Good call - downloaded the pre-bake, transfered it to the phone using adb-windows push command and then attempted the load it. Everything appears to work, but when I reboot it still just sits at the X for ever.

I've got a retail device, so I had to unlock it which resulted in a wipe before doing any of these loads. So the device was clean and fresh before doing the loads.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Guest seamonkey420

one thing i've noticed though is that in google now, you don't have the calendar options. i have an upcoming meeting at 9am tomorrow but never get it to show on the "next appointment" command. perhaps it needs to be closer to the time of the appointment?

update: i'm an impatient idiot. just needs to be within 12 hours of the appointment ^_^ loving it!

Edited by seamonkey420

Guest seamonkey420

Good call - downloaded the pre-bake, transfered it to the phone using adb-windows push command and then attempted the load it. Everything appears to work, but when I reboot it still just sits at the X for ever.

I've got a retail device, so I had to unlock it which resulted in a wipe before doing any of these loads. So the device was clean and fresh before doing the loads.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

i'd go and get the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4 which lets you boot into CWR recovery w/o installing it and in turn i would do a system/factory reset, cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and then re-flash the prebake zip via temp cwr. however, i went from a stock developer image w/root to this rom by installing cwr recovery and then updating via it. i did have a few issues initially today w/kitchen baked roms, i think it was a server side issue since after a few hours ago all of the bakes i've made via the kitchen have been installing w/o any errors or problems.

Guest vagelis

Wiped from CWR and restored from TiBu

Everything seems to be ok so far....

Thank you all for the feedback, and thank you Master Coder Chef Paul

Guest Mike Temporale

i'd go and get the Galaxy Nexus Root Toolkit v1.4 which lets you boot into CWR recovery w/o installing it and in turn i would do a system/factory reset, cache wipe, dalvik cache wipe and then re-flash the prebake zip via temp cwr. however, i went from a stock developer image w/root to this rom by installing cwr recovery and then updating via it. i did have a few issues initially today w/kitchen baked roms, i think it was a server side issue since after a few hours ago all of the bakes i've made via the kitchen have been installing w/o any errors or problems.

Good call - I just booted into recovery, and then did the cache wipe, dalvik wipe, and then a factory reset. After that rebooted and it finally started up without issues. Now to try the custom kitchen rom. :)

Thanks for the help!!

Guest cassio

Hope this ROM will not have the Wifi issue.

Got my nexus to 4.1 but wifi wouldn't work unless i set a static IP.

Also flashing SuperSU-v0.92 doesn't root it. Getting some "installation failed" error.

Hope this ROM will be out soon... :)

Confirming SuperSU doesn't work, Superuser doesn't work either