Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Jasperov

Would it be difficult to get percentage battery meter working on JB? If not, any chance you would give us the option when you can as I am lost without it.

Guest kkazakov

Would it be difficult to get percentage battery meter working on JB? If not, any chance you would give us the option when you can as I am lost without it.

i need that too

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes that's true, but Odex me does not disappear as it should and creates no odex files. Maybe there is an advice :-). I think it is to 90% my fault :-D

Have you flashed a custom kernel? That could be the issue?

Hopefully today all being well! :)

P

Guest Brembo109

Have you flashed a custom kernel? That could be the issue?

P

Yes Franco kernel 210, but it worked before with that kernel. I will try it with stock to be sure

Edit: Damn, it was the kernel. Sorry for wasting your time Paul, that was idiot like :-\

Edited by Brembo109

Guest Bierfreund

Paul, did you any changes in SystemUI.apk (except from the Menu Button options in the kitchen)?

I like the "CM9 Battery icon v2.0" from here (i guess you will choose another style when you add battery percentage to the kitchen).

The Modaco ROM version does not work, the Stock version does work. SO the question is, why different versions for Modaco and stock

Guest PaulOBrien

Not sure...? Trying to think what / if I changed anything in SystemUI... Don't recall anything off the top of my head?

P

Guest Brembo109

Okay, after (i think) one week of testing this ROM, i want to say that this is the first rom on my gnex after cm9, aokp and mcr (of course :-)) that i don´t want to change with another after 3 days. Everything is so smooth, fast, works great and is easy to use as never before. Project butter, the power of Jelly Beans and Paul´s magic fingers bringing my Nexus back on course with other top-phones.

thank you paul, making this possible :-)

I was really sad when you stopped development on the Nexus One. But I understand, it is difficult to develop for multiple platforms (especially old ones :P). Your active participation in the Galaxy Nexus was one of my deciding factors to upgrade to this phone. Thanks again Paul.

Guest vagelis

Any chance we could have the Nova Launcher update in the stew too?

Since Titanium Backup has not been updated to "integrate into ROM" with JB yet, it would be much appreciated :unsure:

Titanium Backup PRO was just upgraded to version 5.4.0 that fully supports Jelly Bean and ROM integration, yay!

Guest jmagee

Titanium Backup PRO was just upgraded to version 5.4.0 that fully supports Jelly Bean and ROM integration, yay!

That's great however why the sudden need to read and write SMS?

Not impressed by that even from a trusted app, they need to explain why the want that permission.

Edit: my bad looks like it may be to enable back up of SMS and data, not very clear

Edited by jmagee

Guest Puzzlegirl

That's great however why the sudden need to read and write SMS?

Not impressed by that even from a trusted app, they need to explain why the want that permission.

Edit: my bad looks like it may be to enable back up of SMS and data, not very clear

Perfectly clear from the change log!

Paul, really enjoying this ROM - thanks :D

Guest seamonkey420

i've been running this rom since its been released on my Gnex and must say its been VERY STABLE! :) my main thing is to always do a full wipe of all data including data stored in the sdcard partition.

thanks again! really am enjoying google now on my travels so far! battery life is onpar w/the stock 4.0.4 i ran initially for two weeks. not sure what else you could ask for in a rom, i like my roms as close to stock as possible, if i want a customized/super tweaked rom i'd go the CM route. :)

Guest jmagee

Is there any way I can disable the "offline gallery", i.e. re-enable Picasa syncing?

Bake and flash a new rom from the kitchen

Guest deim

Didn't find by searching...

Anybody else have it that camera instant upload feature does not work here? Turning it On, taking a pic, but nothing happens.

Guest Mrkasser7

I was wondering if anyone had the issue with the way jelly bean has sdcards on the gnex, before there was just /sdcard now there is /storage/sdcard0. I installled francos r216 384gpu kernel from recovery and when i rebooted it optimized my apps then i was having issues with poweramp recognizing music files. Has anyone else had similar issues.

Up until i changed kernels there was no issues, im assuming it recognized the other sdcard then?

Guest Mattbisme123

In the next update, probably tomorrow!

Not sure why, but this ROM is 'freezing' some items based on locale, need to work out where that's happening!

Investigating FB Sync, will check Google Ears also. Did you update the Wallet version?

P

Yeah, I updated wallet from r5.

Guest vagelis
I was wondering if anyone had the issue with the way jelly bean has sdcards on the gnex, before there was just /sdcard now there is /storage/sdcard0. I installled francos r216 384gpu kernel from recovery and when i rebooted it optimized my apps then i was having issues with poweramp recognizing music files. Has anyone else had similar issues.

Up until i changed kernels there was no issues, im assuming it recognized the other sdcard then?

There's a symbolic link that redirects /sdcard to /storage/sdcard0, even with the stock kernel. It is possible that something else that Franco's kernel is doing causes this interaction (?) with music files and poweramp...

Guest Mrkasser7

I think what basically happened is that after the kernel flash and reboot, i got the android is upgrading pop up and it started optimizing my apps, i think thats when something must of happened with poweramp being confused with the locations. The stock app and holo music worked, all my playlists got deleted, my music was still there.

Guest frigorific

Paul, thank you very much for your efforts in making these MCR releases. They really are stellar :)

Coming from Ir12 which was the most stable and smooth setup I've ever had (ran it without a single hickup or reboot since release), I just had to try Jelly Bean.

So far it's been super! :) It really delivers!

One question:

The "Odex me" app. I'm not familiar with it from previous releases. There was no info as to run it or not in the first post so I didn't..

Should I run it now, event though it's been a while since I flashed the rom? What happens if I do/don't?

Thanks again :)

Fred

Guest PaulOBrien

I was really sad when you stopped development on the Nexus One. But I understand, it is difficult to develop for multiple platforms (especially old ones :P). Your active participation in the Galaxy Nexus was one of my deciding factors to upgrade to this phone. Thanks again Paul.

You're welcome! :)

Hurrah!

Is there any way I can disable the "offline gallery", i.e. re-enable Picasa syncing?

Picasa sync is included by default (offline gallery won't be back until JB source drops).

You're using the JB version of his kernel right?

Paul, thank you very much for your efforts in making these MCR releases. They really are stellar :)

Coming from Ir12 which was the most stable and smooth setup I've ever had (ran it without a single hickup or reboot since release), I just had to try Jelly Bean.

So far it's been super! :) It really delivers!

One question:

The "Odex me" app. I'm not familiar with it from previous releases. There was no info as to run it or not in the first post so I didn't..

Should I run it now, event though it's been a while since I flashed the rom? What happens if I do/don't?

Thanks again :)

Fred

Odex Me odexes your device, do it when you are 100% sure you are not going to flash any more 'mods' to the system partition (if you do, you should reflash the MCR again). Using odex me will gain you space on your data partition.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

As promised! :)

P

Changelog

9nd July 13:30

• Added Circular Percentage and Stock Style Percentage battery indicators to the kitchen

Guest Mrkasser7

You're using the JB version of his kernel right?

Yup, im wondering tho when flashing new roms or anything else will /storage/sdcard0 cause any issues?