Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

The Jr7 kitchen if anyone needs to revert while I fix is below.

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest Lupus77

It's the new sdcard layout for Android. 4.2 is multiuser capable. 0 is for the first user, 1 for the 2nd user and so on.

Tried flashing too, first try with no wipe coming from CM10, it crashes on PIN unlock screen and loops there. Then I tried factory reset and get keyboard force close and can't do the "first steps" of a new device.

Guest Calamity James

If I revert to Jr7 (I still have that zip on my SD) will that revert the odd file structure I'm seeing in CWM?

I really don't fancy losing the ~10GB of data in there!

Edit: If that's the case, then will reverting fix the multiuser "0/" folder?

Edited by Calamity James

Guest Lupus77

It's still a hassle, even if they are not lost. You can't do a CWM restore with this layout.

I installed CM 10 with OI filemanager and used the filemanager to move the files from /sdcard0/0/* to /sdcard0/* . Then you'll be able to restore your CWM backups.

Koush wanted to avoid making any changes to CWM, but I think he has to. If you wipe several times, you end up with a /sdcard/0/0/0/0/0 folder like I just did...

Guest Calamity James

What's the best way back to Jr7? I've tried to reflash from CWM but it goes into a loop when I reboot.

Reflashed Jr8 and phone reboots fine.

I found the same thing, so I'm doing a nandroid restore instead. Will let you know how it goes.

I found the same thing, so I'm doing a nandroid restore instead. Will let you know how it goes.

Think I am going to stay on Jr8, installed Swiftkey from Play Store and made default which gets round the keyboard force closing issue, chrome is working fine for me.

Guest Scottland

I'm just going to leave it for tonight I think, I can probably remove Chrome from /system and reinstall from market, and just use another keyboard for now until we know more.

Also for Paul, getting system FCing when adding a widget onto the lockscreen. Not sure if others are getting the same...

Guest ogdobber

OK, I don't know what's happened with mine, but this is what I see in CWM when I choose "Choose ZIP from SD Card":

post-621181-0-06122600-1352917179_thumb.

Luckily, all my SD card data is in the "0/" folder, but I'm not sure how it's ended up looking like that.

that is related to the userspace for multi users

Paul in regards to flashing, maybe we need to add a direction in the updater-script??

Guest ogdobber

I'm just going to leave it for tonight I think, I can probably remove Chrome from /system and reinstall from market, and just use another keyboard for now until we know more.

Also for Paul, getting system FCing when adding a widget onto the lockscreen. Not sure if others are getting the same...

again I think userspace related. multi dictionaries and multi sync for chrome

of course I have no answer

Guest Scottland

again I think userspace related. multi dictionaries and multi sync for chrome

of course I have no answer

I bet keyboard is as well then, custom dictionaries per person etc.

Guest ogdobber

I bet keyboard is as well then, custom dictionaries per person etc.

yeah thats what i meant multi dictionaries for the keyboard. really anything that need to be kept (private)