Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Yes, unfortunately Photosphere is closed source and the offline gallery is the AOSP gallery so it's not there. I'll add it to the kitchen note.

P

Yes, unfortunately Photosphere is closed source and the offline gallery is the AOSP gallery so it's not there. I'll add it to the kitchen note.

P

Thought as much, thanks tho!

Guest anssi_s

hmm battery life seems to be getting even worse

2012-12-04%2012.55.49.png2012-12-04125549.png

OK, obligatory screenshot question: what app gives battery stats like in the screenshot? Right in the "notification drawer" which I believe is the official term for the pulldown thingy?

Guest PaulOBrien
OK, obligatory screenshot question: what app gives battery stats like in the screenshot? Right in the "notification drawer" which I believe is the official term for the pulldown thingy?

Battery Widget Reborn!

P

Guest anssi_s

Battery Widget Reborn!

P

Thanks! Very cool.

I also seem to have worsened battery life with 4.2.1 compared to 4.2. In fact, did something happen to the vibrator in 4.2.1? With 4.2 I still had EasyProfiles working (a little) and had vibrating notifications. In 4.2.1 no more. I removed EasyProfiles since it's getting rather irrelevant unlesss they update it but today BetterBatteryStats said my vibrator was sucking battery like crazy (after a vibrating phone call) so I turned it off. Seems weird...

I guess I'm showing my Nokia roots but is there any decent and updated profile manager for GNex with current Modaco? I don't want much but just something that can set a few things (volumes, ringtones, vibrator, aeroplane mode, screen timeout, GPS) with one tap and maybe set them back too after a given time. Obviously GPS and now aeroplane mode too need root so rooted support is a starting point...

I found that Battery Widget Reborn was the culprit for my excessive battery usage. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

I am currently using the stock rom, rooted. I am about to use the MCR rom. It looks like the ROM i've been searching for :)

Edited by PeteT

Guest ogdobber

I found that Battery Widget Reborn was the culprit for my excessive battery usage. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

I am currently using the stock rom, rooted. I am about to use the MCR rom. It looks like the ROM i've been searching for :)

how ironic :/

Guest asteinar

Hi, great rom.

Using it for the 2 latest releases .

I would like to see new features like:

*Volume rocker wake

*Screenshot on the Enhanced Power Menu .

Would be some nice additions there yes.

One thing that I have seen that would be really cool, is the feature to switch between tablet and phone layout. I know that Paranoid Android has this feature, but only the tablet version for gmail would be of interest.

I find it so much more easy to go through lots of mail and have an organised view of everything. I understand this might not be an option for this ROM, but as a wish-list for features, this would be an great Christmas treat!

Hi, great rom.

Using it for the 2 latest releases .

I would like to see new features like:

*Volume rocker wake

*Screenshot on the Enhanced Power Menu .

why the need for screen shot just press power & vol down together for a screen shot

More easy and a lot of people don't know that you can screenshot with power & vol down .

That's what Google is for. Finding out. I don't think you can get much easier than the current screen shot set up but still each to their own

That's what Google is for. Finding out. I don't think you can get much easier than the current screen shot set up but still each to their own

Seeing as you'd have to press and hold power to get the menu to take a screen shot it's actually quicker to just press down at the same time!

Guest PaulOBrien

New version in the kitchen - prebake to follow soon!

P

Changelog

11th December

• All installed apps updated to latest versions.
  • Toggle2G now available in the kitchen.

Guest Celeborn81

I can't patch Trackball Alert Pro with Jr11. "ROM not recognized or no patches available!" when clicking Automatic patch in TBA.

Ticked TBA support in the kitchen. Usually works like a dream. Known issue?