Jr17 (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest devilishone

devilishone, try formatting cache from recovery.

P

Hey Paul,

I tried formatting the cache in recovery without a flash of the latest prebake and still the same problem with titanium backup (was it updated? the file size was identical but then I assume it should be if there is just a little code edit without changing file size).

I guess I'll still flash the latest prebake I downloaded and wipe the caches...

Also since I wrote this I see you have updated the prebake so that answers that question :)

Edited by devilishone

Guest MacAllan

Just to confirm we are in the same situation:

1) Used to have "Menu button on right also active when hidden" on our previous ROM

2) Applied the pre-bake

3) Then suffer SystemUI FCs

Correct?

Are you able to boot if you flash a kitchen ROM with "Menu button on right also active when hidden" set?

I came from Ir14 with "menu botton on right" (not using active when hidden) and installed Jr1 with same alternative with only cashe and dalvik wipe, this gave me fc in system ui.

When doing a reset in this Jr1 installation then buttons came back but i hade other mess that google serch didn't work.

I will make a new bake today and install it after a full wipe to see if that solves any problem, or try the prebake that i havn't tried yet.

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul: did you put the standard ICS browser back in or is it still part of Jelly Bean? Does stock JB contain both stock browser and Chrome?

Also I was wondering if you could put in an option to disable the security check for GPS, so I don't have to click the check box after switching it on from the Power Controls widget. Its very annoying when I want to use sat nav in the car quickly.....

JB on GN doesn't have Chrome in yet.

I've just reinstalled without maps inbuilt then added from the marketplace and latitude is back to working.

I need to restore stock and check I guess odd issue.

booted up perfectly, should we erase maps before running the odex me app?

slds,

Might as well!

P

Guest hally83

Awesome. Working perfectly on the first release.

No weather in notifications though, seen a fix on XDA but not massively bothered for the moment, will wait for a proper update and wipe I think.

Oh, and "do a barrel roll" works on voice search :)

Guest jmagee

Yes, but that's "swipe down, press, back" I just want a single button press on my power widget.... it wouldn't even have to be a kitchen option, just an extra check box in the security menu? Simples ;)

Sorry, that never used to happen. I want this too :)

Guest nitrox1

wish i have all these problems,i feel kind of out of the loop.

Baked a rom last night, did a bake with minimal apps, just mainly my fav setting buttons.

did a full wipe, and flashed my bake.

i restored with mybackup pro, no problems, and let google restore my apps over wifi.

restored my sms, and call log. all is good.

flashed faux kernel, and wifi,h+, bluetooth, supersu all working.

over the day, i had one point wherei was told i lost connection and had a 2g,edge,hspd, issue, but appart from that loving jb.

i use adw ex launcher, and need an update for that.

but my real question is csn anyone use google me properly in uk, or will this end up the scurge of jellybean in the uk, like siri is for iphone users? i do get nav to home, and weather, but not much else.

ps: paul dont know why but swiftkey 3 on ics doesnt likeyourweb site :(

Guest jmagee

wish i have all these problems,i feel kind of out of the loop.

Baked a rom last night, did a bake with minimal apps, just mainly my fav setting buttons.

did a full wipe, and flashed my bake.

i restored with mybackup pro, no problems, and let google restore my apps over wifi.

restored my sms, and call log. all is good.

flashed faux kernel, and wifi,h+, bluetooth, supersu all working.

over the day, i had one point wherei was told i lost connection and had a 2g,edge,hspd, issue, but appart from that loving jb.

i use adw ex launcher, and need an update for that.

but my real question is csn anyone use google me properly in uk, or will this end up the scurge of jellybean in the uk, like siri is for iphone users? i do get nav to home, and weather, but not much else.

ps: paul dont know why but swiftkey 3 on ics doesnt likeyourweb site :(

No that is all I get with google now too, I'm guessing if it syncs properly with calendar then you'd get appointments. Otherwise it would be nice to see maybe a news summary and the likes in there.

Guest djmcnz

No that is all I get with google now too, I'm guessing if it syncs properly with calendar then you'd get appointments. Otherwise it would be nice to see maybe a news summary and the likes in there.

I get weather, appointments, public transport (which is very cool and surprised me) and traffic. I'm in Holland.

But I can't find a way to set things such as location for 'home', 'work' etc so directions to 'my' places don't work.

I also get places near me which change during the day (breakfast bar in the morning, restaurant in the evening) but tapping on them results in a fc.

Guest jmagee

I get weather, appointments, public transport (which is very cool and surprised me) and traffic. I'm in Holland.

But I can't find a way to set things such as location for 'home', 'work' etc so directions to 'my' places don't work.

I also get places near me which change during the day (breakfast bar in the morning, restaurant in the evening) but tapping on them results in a fc.

Home is set under the me contact in your address book I think. I thought the drive home/ traffic/ time was the same thing. I don't seem to be getting appointments and tend not to use public transport as where I live it's next to useless

Guest showbizz

Hmm.. I use normaly viber to communicate with my best friend..

But it shuts down all the time now :(

It says - Viber Crashed

But else its a very nice Jelly Bean rels :)

Guest Paulo Nobrega

I only see weather on notifications. Tried to add some appointments but they don't show. Even on Google now I only see the weather card... I did a full wipe.

Maybe it's cause I'm in Portugal? Lol

Guest taronas

Hi, any idea what went wrong here?

Just downoaded a kitchen and installed on the device. Boot hangs on the google logo now.

adb logcat is showing this in a endless loop

I/Netd	( 3145): Netd 1.0 starting

I/Netd	( 3155): Netd 1.0 starting

E/BandwidthController( 3155): runIptablesCmd(): failed /system/bin/iptables -t raw -N bw_raw_PREROUTING res=256

E/BandwidthController( 3155): runIptablesCmd(): failed /system/bin/ip6tables -t raw -N bw_raw_PREROUTING res=256

D/MDnsDS  ( 3155): MDnsSdListener::Hander starting up

D/MDnsDS  ( 3155): MDnsSdListener starting to monitor

D/MDnsDS  ( 3155): Going to poll with pollCount 1

Guest devilishone

Wiped cache and dalvik cache after flashing the Jr1.1, still having the problem with titanium backup, keeps saying don't have enough space to install despite the 9 gig free :(

Guest PaulOBrien
Awesome. Working perfectly on the first release.

No weather in notifications though, seen a fix on XDA but not massively bothered for the moment, will wait for a proper update and wipe I think.

Oh, and "do a barrel roll" works on voice search :)

Weather OK here?

Wiped cache and dalvik cache after flashing the Jr1.1, still having the problem with titanium backup, keeps saying don't have enough space to install despite the 9 gig free :(

Does TB work on JB yet?

P

Guest comicbookguy

Sorry, that never used to happen. I want this too :)

Its only a problem on 3rd party power widgets. Stock power control doesn't do it, but "power controls" is much more customisable

Guest Jele09

Hi Guys,

Quick question, i popped the JB rom on this morning using CWM (only clearing Dalvik cache). Everything went smoothly and when it came alive again, everything was in place apps etc. But the one thing i have just noticed is my logcat is outputting everything as Level 'W', pid and tag as '?'.

Any ideas? (im viewing my logcat through aptana.)

Guest seamonkey420

I only see weather on notifications. Tried to add some appointments but they don't show. Even on Google now I only see the weather card... I did a full wipe.

Maybe it's cause I'm in Portugal? Lol

i believe that calendar appts/events/meetings will show up once your within a 12hr timeframe of the event. i know thats what it took for mine to show up. The cards start showing up after you start doing searches. For example, i'm in Minnesota, USA and did a "what was the score for the twins game last night" and once i did that, i now have score updates and previews for twins games.

i also did a flight search for my flight on sunday and but it shows me the same flight # but that leaves today; this is prob because i didn't state the day i fly out and flight #s are reused by the air carriers.

as for other things, i get traffic/commute time to my "home".. the location stuff does require you setting up latitude and location history. once you do that, you can then set your home address and work address so that google now can estimate the commute times. i'm making notes on how this all works and hope to write up a quick FYI on google now. i've been enabling location history on latitude since my Nexus One and personally love the location data i have for my phones/self. its purely private data thats not shared publicly; just accessed by yourself and google.

also love asking for stats and having google now tell me it; our lady assistant sure sounds nicer and more human than that siri chick ;)

Guest yoogie

You need to get into maps or latitude, then drill down the selector, choose location history or something. there you can set work and home locations. these work fine with google cards.

if you switch your language to US English, you will get much more, especially regarding voice searches. much more siri like, but sports, public transport and stuff needs to be enabled in other countries, so not much use in Germany yet.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Something is moving... anyway got home and work defined... it's shows a card with time of the trip. Still no news, no info of searches or nearby places. No suggestions... only weather and this new card. Better than nothing.

Guest djmcnz

You need to get into maps or latitude, then drill down the selector, choose location history or something. there you can set work and home locations.

My computer can't do that, what next?

Guest Brembo109

Odex Me is not working anymore, it worked with my first bake of jr1,ir14 and cm9. But now my device restarts, but Odex me doesn't disappear and there are still no .odex files in /system/app

Guest PaulOBrien
Odex Me is not working anymore, it worked with my first bake of jr1,ir14 and cm9. But now my device restarts, but Odex me doesn't disappear and there are still no .odex files in /system/app

Which boot image are you using? Prebake?

P