[CM7] [gen1/gen2] Latest CM7 2.3.7 ROMs

Guest pass25

Guest Antonio H

Hi equiliym,

I start use this rom last night (almost day, it was about 4am when installed).

The first thing I noted that TItaniumBackup was not present and in the playstore says it's incompatible. So I need to use the apk from my 2nd backup system (onthefly backup) in order to install TB and after that using it to restore my programs.

Also noted Google+ wasn't able to synchronize, and don't appear in Accounts & Sync system. Need to complete remove and fresh install. Doesn't know if it's a problem with the program or something with the rom.

Another thing I miss it's the capability to use swap. As I already posted in many threads, my favourite rom was LeWa's , which I think it gives the racer the best performance, and I think the native support for swap is the one responsible for this. As someone already posted somewhere here, I know I can pick an app in the market to have swap, but isn't the same thing.

After give my opinion and less than 24h experience, I must give congratulations and thanks for your work, equiliym.

Guest equiliym

Hi equiliym,

The first thing I noted that TItaniumBackup was not present and in the playstore says it's incompatible. So I need to use the apk from my 2nd backup system (onthefly backup) in order to install TB and after that using it to restore my programs.

Also noted Google+ wasn't able to synchronize, and don't appear in Accounts & Sync system. Need to complete remove and fresh install. Doesn't know if it's a problem with the program or something with the rom.

Another thing I miss it's the capability to use swap. As I already posted in many threads, my favourite rom was LeWa's , which I think it gives the racer the best performance, and I think the native support for swap is the one responsible for this. As someone already posted somewhere here, I know I can pick an app in the market to have swap, but isn't the same thing.

After give my opinion and less than 24h experience, I must give congratulations and thanks for your work, equiliym.

ok first, i have no permission to add titaniumbackup to my rom so i dont include it, also its against forum rules to post apks or direct links for them so you just have to either google it or take apk from racerboys rom, sorry about that

for g+, thats odd, i use it constantly without any problems, sync working.. when i installed it, opened it and it just asked what mail i want to use, gave me my main google acc and it synced after that, shouldnt give any problems D:

for swap, its enabled in init.d with 21swapon script, if you have any better scripts or other options i can take a look at it.. im just getting stock cm7 roms without messing with them much so you mostly get stock cm7 performance p;

swap script:

#!/system/bin/sh

if [ ! -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 ]

then

busybox rm  /data/swaponmmcblk0p3

fi;

if [ ! -f /sd-ext/swap.file ]

then

busybox rm  /data/swaponfile

fi;

if [ -f /data/swaponmmcblk0p3 ]

then

busybox swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

fi;

if [ -f /data/swaponfile ]

then

busybox swapon /sd-ext/swap.file

fi;

rm /data/fristcloseswap

rm /data/fristopenswap

ill also take a look at that no booting with sim issue today and try to release yesterdays build

Guest Racerboy

morning, equiliym are the Unofficial builds from deadlinks device tree, compiled from source?

i`ve been doing some compiling cm7 from source myself and had v.good success

Guest equiliym

morning, equiliym are the Unofficial builds from deadlinks device tree, compiled from source?

i`ve been doing some compiling cm7 from source myself and had v.good success

welcome back racerboy :) unofficial builds if i release are from main cm7 github but somewhat based on deadlinks edits, i didnt use his because there are some things i didnt like so i used both his and my edits..

Guest GuyOverThere

well i might be doing something wrong, was on a party till 6am this morning so i feel really messed up today lol

Ahhhh... the good life :P

Hi equiliym,

Hmmm I didn't have problems with TB, I remember that I downloaded the version before 5.4.0, 5.3.2 I think? and it got installed without issues from google play

The G+ isn't a issue for me either, I can sync, post, share and what not, since you had troubles with TB, could G+ became somehow corrupted during restore? (assuming of course you restored from TB)? I remember I've had weird issues with apps (not with this rom) and the reason have been corrupted app data after restore, if I restore just the app everything works (but it's a pain to do setup everything again, depending on the app), if I restore app+data bum! weird stuff happens everywhere.

Guest equiliym

The G+ isn't a issue for me either, I can sync, post, share and what not, since you had troubles with TB, could G+ became somehow corrupted during restore? (assuming of course you restored from TB)? I remember I've had weird issues with apps (not with this rom) and the reason have been corrupted app data after restore, if I restore just the app everything works (but it's a pain to do setup everything again, depending on the app), if I restore app+data bum! weird stuff happens everywhere.

^ this.. i remember someone tried to restore data from cm7 to miui using TB like messages and stuff, using data from one rom to another might not always work, it can depend on build/patches/author of the rom etc etc

edit: forgot to mention i uploaded yesterdays build lol, sorry for delay

Edited by equiliym

Guest Antonio H

ok first, i have no permission to add titaniumbackup to my rom so i dont include it, also its against forum rules to post apks or direct links for them so you just have to either google it or take apk from racerboys rom, sorry about that

upppss... I don't read rights and stuff like that. My mistake.

About the problem I faced when try install from Play Store, I think it was an issue.. A fewer hours late appear in Play Store a new TB version and one of the "news" are "Fixed the Play Store visibility problem for good!" and that version update my without any problem. I'm too lazy to will see in KB/FAQ/Forums if it was the problem I faced..

for g+, thats odd, i use it constantly without any problems, sync working.. when i installed it, opened it and it just asked what mail i want to use, gave me my main google acc and it synced after that, shouldnt give any problems D:

As @GuyOverthere suggest, maybe it was some corruption of the backup. I did restore many times without problem but not this time. But remove and install fixes all problems, and this app don't have so much to configure :)

for swap, its enabled in init.d with 21swapon script, if you have any better scripts or other options i can take a look at it.. im just getting stock cm7 roms without messing with them much so you mostly get stock cm7 performance p;

swap script:

#!/system/bin/sh

if [ ! -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 ]

then

busybox rm  /data/swaponmmcblk0p3

fi;

if [ ! -f /sd-ext/swap.file ]

then

busybox rm  /data/swaponfile

fi;

if [ -f /data/swaponmmcblk0p3 ]

then

busybox swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3

fi;

if [ -f /data/swaponfile ]

then

busybox swapon /sd-ext/swap.file

fi;

rm /data/fristcloseswap

rm /data/fristopenswap

ill also take a look at that no booting with sim issue today and try to release yesterdays build

I don't know why don't work for me :/ Don't have any swap script. The only thing I know it was working with the LeWa's ROM, but don't work with any other, even using Apps from Play Store.

Probably I do something very stupid and now don't work :?

Edited by Antonio H

Guest equiliym

I don't know why don't work for me :/ Don't have any swap script. The only thing I know it was working with the LeWa's ROM, but don't work with any other, even using Apps from Play Store.

Probably I do something very stupid and now don't work :?

ill take a look at lewa rom then to see what scripts it uses for enabling/using swap and ill try to implement it in cm7 roms.. kind of odd tho since stock cm7 should already have enabled swap on sd-ext, not as swap.file on /sdcard but still should work D:

Guest pass25

hello, yesterday I installed the titanium backup in playstore without any problems.

runs fine without any problems.

about the restoration, not tested because i dont have nothing to restore.

Guest sack3

Hi all, i have problen with cm-7-20120708-NIGHTLY-mooncake for me not work key home, key answer call and the loockscreen dont work, so i am can not answer any call

Guest Rahulsingh190

On. My phone also call screen looks like ...it's broken ....but I can recevie calls .....but it takes 15 min to boot every time I start my phone .....very odd

Guest equiliym

why do you guys mean broken? can you post screens? i tested 0708 because 0701 had errors with phone.apk, i tested calls and rom worked ok for me, still does :o as for booting, ill do something about it, new release should be tomorrow

Guest Rahulsingh190

I can't upload screenshot cause .....currently I'm using lezo rom...I tried ur mokee rom but whenever I try to see call logs ....it force closes...& in between also when playing games something force close pop up comes & stops the game & is irrigating .....but it's the fastest rom I have ever tried with the highest performance benchmark ....on quadrant ....I took out performance benchmark of all roms available till date but highest was of mokee.....

Guest sack3

I can't upload screenshot cause .....currently I'm using lezo rom...I tried ur mokee rom but whenever I try to see call logs ....it force closes...& in between also when playing games something force close pop up comes & stops the game & is irrigating .....but it's the fastest rom I have ever tried with the highest performance benchmark ....on quadrant ....I took out performance benchmark of all roms available till date but highest was of mokee.....

you need copy the lib from original rom mooke: libandroid_runtime.so; libsqlite.so and libsqlite_jni.so to you new rom. ^_^ ^_^

i have the same problem with lewa rom

Guest sack3

hi all, a fix my problem just download cm7.2 blade rom and copy from equiliyn rom the folder app,framework, hw, egl and other things, now work fine :D :D :D

Guest Rahulsingh190

I also thought of doing the same as u r saying. .but currently I don't have my laptop with me ....& editing zip on android is impossible...& equiliym as today u will update the rom .. try to make it the fastest rom. Cause original cm7 is better than any other patch roms available ...I like cm7 original because ...it was the fastest rom to boot with no framework problem ..like on almost all rom have wierd look at upper -left corner ...& cm 7 is really good....

Edited by Rahulsingh190

Guest equiliym

well ok, ill remove optimizer.. but other than that one, i have no idea what you guys are talking about and i cant fix anything until i see/know what your issues are.. nothing is broken on my phone so i dunno..

Guest equiliym

It may be the problem of latest updates from CM ...it may not be from ur side

i actually did add optimizer so longer booting might be from me but shouldnt be longer than .. 1 min top.. as for the broken lockscreen and stuff, i really have no idea, everything seems to work fine on my phone :s tho 0708 build did have issues even with booting with simcard in phone so it might be that rom is messed up >.>

Guest Rahulsingh190

May be. ...screen only broken ...while receiving the call ..I really can't say ....what is making the rom buggy....

Edited by Rahulsingh190

Guest equiliym

sorry guys, i just got a call and i have to leave for a few days, business related so i wont release 0715 build, i hope ill be off less than a week

edit: trip got postponed lol.. will check out about broken call screen again today and that lewa swap script thing

Edited by equiliym

Guest equiliym

uploaded latest nightly, broken screen should be fixed, looks ok on my phone, changed swap script to lewa's one and removed optimizer, should boot faster... other than those, check cm7 changelog

Guest pass25

hello, the rom 15.07.2012 have the same problem as before.

the call answer call button and home button does not work !

the problem remains.

the only way I can do to work is install version 01.07.2012 and then upgrade to the latest version ....