HUAWEI RELEASE ICS 4.0.3 for U8818/U8815/G300 version B926【BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE LINK】

Guest qiwu huang

Guest qiwu huang

Today

Huawei release ICS 4.0.3 for huawei U8818 in China

Version is B926。。 Only OTA download

BL LOCKED

the 3 pic is u8800pro ,Upgrade to the latest version ICS 4.0.3。 ROOT but ...............bad news

I flashed boot.img and system.img , and Random reboots and no signal ,no baseband

BOOT SYSTEM IMAGE:

Download Link :

http://115.com/file/...ed#image.tar.gz

post-895493-0-11460200-1340961668.png

post-895493-0-70728400-1340964405_thumb.

post-895493-0-69466200-1340979832_thumb.

Edited by qiwu huang

Guest Hans Gruber

oh nice. Presumably if you flash to a U8818 firmware the OTA update will become available?

I just noticed the locked bootloader :(

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest RussellS

Excuse my ignorance and I can make some informed assumptions about it but what are the implications of the bootloader being locked. Does it mean that you cannot load an unofficial rom and does it stop CWM from working.

I understand that anything being 'locked' is bad but I just wondered HOW BAD.

Guest qiwu huang

oh nice. Presumably if you flash to a U8818 firmware the OTA update will become available?

I just noticed the locked bootloader :(

sorry my english, I mean via OTA upgrade to the latest ICS 4.0.3

Guest qiwu huang

Excuse my ignorance and I can make some informed assumptions about it but what are the implications of the bootloader being locked. Does it mean that you cannot load an unofficial rom and does it stop CWM from working.

I understand that anything being 'locked' is bad but I just wondered HOW BAD.

locked,so no cwm,no root

Guest Jekle

yeah, I have unpacked update.app. And get boot.img and system.img

This will be a great help for CM9 development. Your the greatest qiwu huang. Please upload.

Guest FrankieADZ

well thats good on 1 front but not on another. just hope someone cant crack open this locked bootloader.

you think someone will be able to crack this bootloader Qiwu?

Guest Dazzozo

There's really no need. If we can get image dumps then we can just flash the update via CWM and bypass the OTA bootloader update altogether.

Guest Jekle

Out of interest, what are you using to unpack the UPDATE.APPs, qiwu? The last script I saw seems pretty broken.

I think he will use Root Explorer. But then again it can't be rooted.

Guest Dazzozo

I think he will use Root Explorer. But then again it can't be rooted.

That has nothing to do with unpacking UPDATE.APPs. That's an app, not a script for unpacking a file.

Guest Jekle

That has nothing to do with unpacking UPDATE.APPs. That's an app, not a script for unpacking a file.

Sorry misread what qiwu huang said :wacko:

Guest FrankieADZ

think we might need to put a warning up up or something...dont update to Official ICS(unless u want too) until the bootloader has been cracked or something. :wacko:

Guest Dazzozo

think we might need to put a warning up up or something...dont update to Official ICS(unless u want too) until the bootloader has been cracked or something. :wacko:

It probably won't be. It isn't worth it. Image dumps serve the same purpose.

Guest qiwu huang

It probably won't be. It isn't worth it. Image dumps serve the same purpose.

I flashed boot.img and system.img , and Random reboots and no signal ,no baseband

Guest Dazzozo

Then the images will need some kind of modification. On CM9 and LiGux we had baseband and signal. Can you release these things somewhere? Where is the UPDATE.APP? Are you willing to release the script? (It would save you uploading the images...)

Guest qiwu huang

Then the images will need some kind of modification. On CM9 and LiGux we had baseband and signal. Can you release these things somewhere? Where is the UPDATE.APP? Are you willing to release the script? (It would save you uploading the images...)

3.0.8 kernel, not the normal function, I use LIGUX V4