Bootloader Unlock for ICS 4.0.3 for the Ascend G300

Guest Jekle

Guest Hans Gruber

has anyone had any success with the Huawei way then?

I can't work out how you get the product ID. *#*#1357946#*#* doesn't seem to do anything

Guest preciouspangolin

If I understood well we can lock bootloader of our Huawei G300 to get our warranty back (if there's no link between device failure and unlocking bootloader (and ROM change)).

Guest Hpez

Trying it now, flashed official ICS, just installing my USB drivers!

P

Nice. *everyone now watching the thread in anticipation* ;)

Guest PaulOBrien

OK!

Here's what I did, and what happened...

• Flashed ICS from the official download from the Huawei site (dload dir) - OK!
  • Flashed the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site (vendor dir) - OK!
  • Installed ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked root - OK!
  • Verified root - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked bootloader - app closed on completion - OK!
  • Started device in bootloader and fastboot flashed clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched device normally with SIM inserted, got service and made call - OK!

That's what I call a success! :)

Next, make a MCR of B192 to go over the top with Chinese stuff removed and Google stuff added! :)

P

Guest Hpez
Next, make a MCR of B192 to go over the top with Chinese stuff removed and Google stuff added! :)

P

Now that's what I am talking about. Looking forward to that, Paul. Thanks!

Guest anything-but

Been using mine today while out `n` about at work. Battery life seems about the same on 926,wifi is way quicker to authenticate now,gps locks on pretty quick too. all but google talk works on mine but as i don`t use it it`s no loss to me. :)

Will see how some of you peeps go with that bl unlocking tool before i delve in again!

Guest rafaelkaiz

OK!

• Flashed the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site (vendor dir) - OK!
  • Installed ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked root - OK!
  • Verified root - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked bootloader - app closed on completion - OK!
  • Started device in bootloader and fastboot flashed clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched device normally with SIM inserted, got service and made call - OK!

That's what I call a success! :)

P

Nice! your device is U8815??

My problem:

T_T

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355538-back-to-b882/

Guest Hpez

OK!

Would it be possible for someone to post the links to these two download files? I have searched about but I'm worried about grabbing the wrong files (Chinese is not a strong point).

Guest Jekle

Guys, I've tried to update to B926 from B895 and said update failed, some suggest that flashing B892 first will work and when I try to flash B892 it says update failed. What should I do?

Guest Hans Gruber

P

This is why I come here! :D

So to be sure, is there any downside to flashing b926 now? Once that's flashed and bootloader unlocked can we then go back to B888 (or whatever) if we like?

Also if you make a new MCR will I even need to have flashed b926 in the first place?

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest Jekle

Jekle, are you using stock recovery, do you have a dload folder?

Yes I copied dload folder to the root of the sd. I actually reflashed B895 and that worked fine. I am using stock recovery. I only rooted B895