Bootloader Unlock for ICS 4.0.3 for the Ascend G300

Guest Jekle

Guest Hpez

Hi,

After rereading everything I think I managed to find the answers to my questions on page 7.

Still need some advice though; my phone is completely stock, not rooted etc so I was wondering if it was advisable to root now, install clockwork and make a nandroid back up before I start? I am assuming not as you won't be able to go back to gingerbread anyway, or can you?

Thanks for any info.

Yeah, you are correct. A nandroid backup won't really help in this case due to the bootloader and radio being flashed. If you root and install clockwork before hand they will only be removed when you upgrade so there isn't really any point as far as I can see as you will have to do them again anyway.

Edited by Hpez

Guest Pondlife

I wouldn't say the san diego is dear, yes dearer than a G300 but in a whole new dimension to the G300 in regards to performance, build quality. Ok it is locked down, which is a real bitch, but wow! what a device, hopefully sebastion404 will get that root he is working on( good luck seb)

If you want a really good device for a daily driver, the OSD is worth every penny, as long as like me, you have a G300 to play with for root and roms, but it is very early days for the OSD, certainly not a closed book that's for sure.

I said rather dearer which at twice the price it certainly is, not dear for what it is. Though I'm not buying a phone that's nailed down like that. If Seb can work a miracle it becomes so much more tempting. Even then you couldn't say it was in the £100 bracket Sej pitched at.

Besides buying both this and the osd is getting close to the cost of some very serious hardware that isn't locked down. Or as I'm contemplating g300 and N7

Guest rosco-85

OK!

Here's what I did, and what happened...

• Flashed ICS from the official download from the Huawei site (dload dir) - OK!
  • Flashed the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site (vendor dir) - OK!
  • Installed ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked root - OK!
  • Verified root - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked bootloader - app closed on completion - OK!
  • Started device in bootloader and fastboot flashed clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched device normally with SIM inserted, got service and made call - OK!

That's what I call a success! :)

Next, make a MCR of B192 to go over the top with Chinese stuff removed and Google stuff added! :)

P

Hi Paul,

Could you or someone please provide me with the links to all the stuff listed in your steps, and maybe some more detailed instructions?

Don't have:

CWM Recovery

ADB Drivers

I've got the Bootloader.

But the link to the B926 ROM on here doesn't work...

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDE4NjY=

I'm currenlty using the B888 Stock Rom. Is it entirey necessary to root the phone as well, or do I just need to flash the ROM and Vendor files using the standard method?

Any help here would be much appreciated!

Also I'm hoping this will fix my weak/inconsistent signal issue. Anyone know if this ROM is better?

Ross

Guest Pondlife

...OSD, however, taking the apk from my sd card backup, it installs and plays flawlessly with all effects set to full, and gameloft are releasing x86 versions of their games, two of which are on my OSD now and playing great.(Asphalt 6 & Modern Combat 2)

I think as more X86 devices roll out, the app devs will add support for x86.

I have not had or used an atom powered netbook so cannot compare, but the OSD with the 1.6Ghz hyperthreaded Atom processor is very fast, no lag anywhere, ever, a real pleasure to use.

SD backup on osd? Yeah I'm sure Intel will be seeking to increase numbers of x86 games

I think it's a tempting comparison for people to think about as both atom, but other phone processors would struggle with windows just as much. Just like I wouldn't want a netbook with less than 2gb ram but not necessary yet.

Wonders off to check the topic oops.

Good work on the boatloader, likely put ICS on partners phone when she's not looking now :)

SD backup on osd?

I have sd card backups on pc, the osd only has internal sd card, although there is a slot for one, hopefuly something root can solve.

Guest andy.hyde4

i have installed official ICS everything is working fine but when i go on the bootloaderunlock when i try to root it just comes up with cannot find file path HELP!

It is saying when i do it 'xit' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable command or batch file.

Edited by andy.hyde4

Guest PeaceMaker_H

anyone know how to install the CWM recovery now I have the original blue ics

Follow the original tutorial, still works after unlocking the bootloader

• 5 months later...

OK!

Here's what I did, and what happened...

• Flashed ICS from the official download from the Huawei site (dload dir) - OK!
  • Flashed the vendor package from the official download from the Huawei site (vendor dir) - OK!
  • Installed ADB drivers from the ISO mounted on the phone - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked root - OK!
  • Verified root - OK!
  • Ran 'unlockbootloader.exe' and clicked bootloader - app closed on completion - OK!
  • Started device in bootloader and fastboot flashed clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched clockworkmod recovery - OK!
  • Launched device normally with SIM inserted, got service and made call - OK!

That's what I call a success! :)

Next, make a MCR of B192 to go over the top with Chinese stuff removed and Google stuff added! :)

P

please give us the instruction, still need to unlock my g300

thanks in advance :)