[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest shabahat

I had used htc explorer for sometime. There was one interesting thing which i noticed when I flashed one of the roms available on xda that it showed the internal space of the phone to be around 1 GB. i.e. it used the ext2 partion fully as in internal phone memory. I'm using your rom on daily basis. I love your work. I'm using link2sd for app linking but it is not that efficient as many time it shows internal memory full and creates trouble while updating the apps. Then I have open the app drawer from settings it reads the whole space again and then problem is resolved sometimes but mostly it calculates the spacing inaccurately. Can you do something like that htc rom so that it doesnt show internal memory full or tell me any other way to resolve it.

And one thing more please suggest the wifi tethering app and why dont you include it in the rom. Thanks . I'll be really thankful to you.

Guest jventura

I had used htc explorer for sometime. There was one interesting thing which i noticed when I flashed one of the roms available on xda that it showed the internal space of the phone to be around 1 GB. i.e. it used the ext2 partion fully as in internal phone memory. I'm using your rom on daily basis. I love your work. I'm using link2sd for app linking but it is not that efficient as many time it shows internal memory full and creates trouble while updating the apps. Then I have open the app drawer from settings it reads the whole space again and then problem is resolved sometimes but mostly it calculates the spacing inaccurately. Can you do something like that htc rom so that it doesnt show internal memory full or tell me any other way to resolve it.

And one thing more please suggest the wifi tethering app and why dont you include it in the rom. Thanks . I'll be really thankful to you.

Hi,

I don't use external partitions nor apps such as link2sd, so I can't help with that.

About the wifi tethering, I've tried to fix it in Eco CM9, however I couldn't. Now I have other things to do (my own work), so it will take some time for me to get around this, if ever. However, you can use "Wifi tether for root users" which solves somewhat the problem..

Guest qantaqa

instead of using link2sd I use S2E for the same purpose and it runs all fine and leads to the same behaviour you know from the HTC you mentioned. Maybe you want to give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest german_psycho

What am I doing wrong? I've cleared/wiped everything, installed the ROM and booted. Everything works fine, device boots without problems.

Now booting back to Clockwork recovery, I install the GApps. Also seems to work fine. After a reboot, the system says "Updating Android.." and boots to the homescreen. But I can't find the installed GApps anywhere.

Did I miss something??

Guest elrond_bs

You must install gapps immediately after the ROM, without rebooting. Try that - wipe everything again and install before booting.

Are you sure you have enough space in /system?

Guest jventura

But I can't find the installed GApps anywhere. Did I miss something??

Also, the gapps package is minimal, it will only install the minimal things to get you the Play Store. Having Google's Play Store, you can install the applications you need!

Wanted to say thank you to jventura for making this excellent ROM; it's made my blade fresh again.

After rooting my phone almost 3 years ago, I used the various 2.2/2.3.* ROMs and was content with that so didn't pay much interest in reflashing until late last year. Then I noticed a very stable CM10/.1 was available so I skipped CM9.

I'm now moving to a Nexus 4 as my daily phone so I thought I would experiment a bit with my Blade as I will use it as a "night out" phone.... That's when I tried this ROM. Wow! What a difference in speed compared to CM10.1 . For me it is the perfect combination of Holo looks with 90% Gingerbread speed. App switching is faster than CM10 and I find the interface is more responsive to input without project butter which is a priority for me over smooth menu appearance (typing was particularly laggy on CM10.1).

I would highly recommend this ROM to anyone who is finding CM10.1 to be a bit too demanding for our antique phones and can live without the fancy notifications and lockscreen features Jellybean brings.

I hope you continue to update it in the future and manage to find a solution to the integrated tethering problems.

Edited by Guest

What am I doing wrong? I've cleared/wiped everything, installed the ROM and booted. Everything works fine, device boots without problems.

Now booting back to Clockwork recovery, I install the GApps. Also seems to work fine. After a reboot, the system says "Updating Android.." and boots to the homescreen. But I can't find the installed GApps anywhere.

Did I miss something??

I have exactly same problem. And yes, I've tried to install both ROM and gapps in one clockwork session (w/o) rebooting. What may be wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

After try to install Facebook or YouTube from google play, my blade tells my about not enough disk space. I've got s2e so i must have enough disk space. Other apps installs right, but facebook and yt not. What's wrong?

Guest kyprios1

While installing the ROM I got a message that there was not enough space to install the extras and it skipped that. I guess this is not an expected behaviour. My system partition is 160mb.

What did I miss? Should I have retried? "Extras" sounds a tad unnecessary anyway :P

Edited by kyprios1

Guest HarryPirate

Why does the screen looks like a low bit image? It is really odd.

Meu, porque é que o ecra parece que é feito por imagens de 16bit? notas muito a mudança de cores nos efeitos é estranho.

Guest Rattonboy

This ROM is soo good. I have had it for around 3 moths and it is good on performance and battery. This is the right ROM for this type of phone with a slow CPU and 512MB RAM. Congrats on making a fantastic ROM Jventura. Is there any chance you can make on just like this one but as 4.1 or 4.2?

Guest jventura

This ROM is soo good. I have had it for around 3 moths and it is good on performance and battery. This is the right ROM for this type of phone with a slow CPU and 512MB RAM. Congrats on making a fantastic ROM Jventura. Is there any chance you can make on just like this one but as 4.1 or 4.2?

This ROM is good, essentially, because it is ICS. JB versions can't be any better than the ones KonstaT and Daemond have done..

Guest Rattonboy

This ROM is good, essentially, because it is ICS. JB versions can't be any better than the ones KonstaT and Daemond have done..

Ok thanks for the reply the blade isn't my main phone but I still use it. I will stick to ECO CM9 as in my opinion it is the best ROM for it. Thanks again Jventura

Battery drain?

Hey guys, anybody experienced battery drain after installing this rom? I don't know if it's actually a drain since my device doesn't really want to charge, either. I installed the latest (23.07.) stable build yesterday any my phone died while charging during the night.

Android's own diagnostics says my battery health is good, I don't know if that's reliable but for now I ruled out battery failure as an option.

Any ideas or experiences?

Edit: I've used happily a January build until now without any problems so I gotta think it's the rom.

Thanks,

Balint

Edited by efbe

Guest jventura

Battery drain?

Hey guys, anybody experienced battery drain after installing this rom? I don't know if it's actually a drain since my device doesn't really want to charge, either. I installed the latest (23.07.) stable build yesterday any my phone died while charging during the night.

Android's own diagnostics says my battery health is good, I don't know if that's reliable but for now I ruled out battery failure as an option.

Any ideas or experiences?

Edit: I've used happily a January build until now without any problems so I gotta think it's the rom.

Thanks,

Balint

Try it again but clean/wipe everything before!

If it was a problem with the ROM, everyone would complain, so it is just something which you've done..