[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest ptrck11

hi, i downloaded the rom "Eco-CM9-20130723-stable-blade" and paste it in phone storage.

i try install using android system recovery but i got an error.

-- Install /sdcard ...

Finding update package ...

Opening update package ...

Verifying update package ...

Installing update ...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == " blade " || getprop("ro.build.product") == " blade " 

E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

Installation aborted.

post-1027602-0-09275500-1381829335_thumb

Guest jventura

hi, i downloaded the rom "Eco-CM9-20130723-stable-blade" and paste it in phone storage.

i try install using android system recovery but i got an error.

Are you sure your phone is a ZTE Blade? Are you using CWM? Which version?

Guest ulrichvoss

You should choose "newer" to preserve battery. "always" means WiFi is always ON and consuming power.

BTW I have a little problem with WiFi - it does not wakes up properly after deep sleep. Widget shows it's on, but it's not. I need to turn it off/on to get it working.

Thanks !

You should choose "newer" to preserve battery. "always" means WiFi is always ON and consuming power.

BTW I have a little problem with WiFi - it does not wakes up properly after deep sleep. Widget shows it's on, but it's not. I need to turn it off/on to get it working.

Thanks !

I have 70% battery usage from "WLAN" as well. Where do I have to set "newer" oder "always" for WiFi?

Guest probals

Hi jventura,

Trying to install BBM on my Blade running Eco CM9. It shows the app as incompatible (as attached).

Any ideas why this is so? The app says it requires Android 4.0 & up.

Cheers!

P

post-822702-0-37047800-1382417763.jpg

Guest probals

Tried installing BBM through an apk (ver 1.0.0.70-latest) posted on XDA. App installs but on opening, it FCs. Same error on reinstalling/rebooting. :(

Any ideas JV? Cheers!

Guest probals

Okay. I found out what the problem here is. BBM for Android is for ARMv7+ only; ARMv6 is incompatible.

Anyone wants a DIY project: porting the BBM app to ARMv6? ;) I can put up my 10 year old Blackberry as a prize :)

Hi jventura,

Trying to install BBM on my Blade running Eco CM9. It shows the app as incompatible (as attached).

Any ideas why this is so? The app says it requires Android 4.0 & up.

Cheers!

P

Hi!

I try to use this rom, but i need to modify the kernel a bit. But... The config.gz strange. 

The modules in /system/lib/modules not configured in config. in config configured some other stuff to modules, but that modules is nowhere.

please a "real" config for this kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf+jventura@ventura-laptop #1

i need the otg support, usbserial, cp210x modules 

Thanks 

Kormen

Edited by kormen

• 2 weeks later...

My SIM did not work. Did a reflash, it still doesn't work.

Tried it in another phone, works perfect.

Edit: sorry about that, the camera worked on the reflash. I just installed another rom and the sim still didn't work. Must be my phone :/

Edited by Raynes

• 2 weeks later...
Guest coolizard

Hi. I´m using this ROM a long time ago. Only now I realize the MMS autoretrivial isn't working for me. In the MMS app the setting "MMs autoretrivial" is switched on. The APN's is the default by provider. I know that this worked, but why isn't working right now? I can´t send or receive MMS with the data connection off. Someone knows what's wrong?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ok. Now is working. I´ve done nothing, only switched "2G only connection" off and on (??)

Edited by coolizard

Guest Alois de Croon

Hi,

I don't use external partitions nor apps such as link2sd, so I can't help with that.

About the wifi tethering, I've tried to fix it in Eco CM9, however I couldn't. Now I have other things to do (my own work), so it will take some time for me to get around this, if ever. However, you can use "Wifi tether for root users" which solves somewhat the problem..

Hi, do you mean http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list because I tried 3.3 & 2.0.7 & 2.0.2 and it did not work.

Only the 3.3 beta was capable of creating a working wifi network, but did not give out a IP adress.

Just bought a Motorola moto g smartphone, good upgrade for the blade !!!

Edited by Alois de Croon

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest probals

JVentura -  Zeelog's CM11 seems to be coming around well. Any plans of an Eco CM11 from your end, mate? :)

Obrigado

Edited by probals

Guest jventura

JVentura -  Zeelog's CM11 seems to be coming around well. Any plans of an Eco CM11 from your end, mate? :)

Obrigado

Didn't knew someone was around CM11 for the Blade. Job well done, I'll try it when I have the time.. But I wouldn't be waiting for a Eco CM11 if I was you! :)

Need a quick ROM to flash on my blade, is this better or the CM7 version? Not bothered at all about features, just stability, speed and battery.

Stability, speed and battery, I recommend first Eco CM7 and then Eco CM9.. I'm with Eco CM7 for the past 6/7 months, and still running smooth and stable. I recommend CM7 for those who just need the phone to work..

Didn't knew someone was around CM11 for the Blade. Job well done, I'll try it when I have the time.. But I wouldn't be waiting for a Eco CM11 if I was you! :)

Any chance for eco cm10

Guest Leonine

Is youtube hq working ?

can you plz tell me how to repartition internal storage ? [i meant any link of any guide ....]

Is it possible to do it using cwm ..... [i don't want flash tpt....]

using ZTE Blade (Gen 2)

and md5 checksum for the rom and gapps .. plz