[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest jventura

I did that immediately after rom flash. Just my gf really likes that battery circle. I flashed battery circle to my S2. You know women, she wants that one too :D

From my personal experience with my girlfriend and sister, if you say that it is impossible to get it like that, they'll believe and get on with their lives.. :)

But as I said, you can do it using the UOT Kitchen, it won't "destroy" anything, and if any problem arises just download again and reflash. Perfectly safe procedure!

The blade 2 has it's own device config so it would be best to apply the fixes (commits) of jventura to it. I may try it soon

Edited by gbosh

Guest KonstaT

Panorama is a thing that never worked, and it doesn't matter anyway.. The camera itself is working fine (for photos and movies)!

Hmm, panorama was fixed on CM9 months ago. I also think that Ganster did his preview optimizations initially on CM9. You might want to check his github as well. :)

Guest jventura

Hmm, panorama was fixed on CM9 months ago. I also think that Ganster did his preview optimizations initially on CM9. You might want to check his github as well. :)

Lol, just to see how much I know about Panorama! I didn't noticed that patch.. :)

Was this implemented in CM9 repo? Because "switch to panorama" force closes camera..

Thanks Konstat

Edit: It seems it was not implemented in CM ics repo..

Edited by jventura

Guest KonstaT

Lol, just to see how much I know about Panorama! I didn't noticed that patch.. :)

Was this implemented in CM9 repo? Because "switch to panorama" force closes camera..

No, I did it later. Btw, there's one for barcode scanner before that (partially reverted in the panorama commit).

I guess only the kernel and prebuilt binaries would be needed to be changed.. If you are willing to try, get my sources and mix them with the CM9 port you have! I won't do it myself, since I don't have a ZTE Crescent, and I have better ways of spending my time.. :)

haha ok! Thanks if I get the time I might try to compile YABR (Yet Another Blade Rom) using your advice!

I did not have to rebuild the kernel, apparently there are CWM flashable zips already avaliable I flashed and it works in HQ youtube without lag :)

Offtopic: quick question, can you tell the difference between the following two zips with omx libs: http://www.mediafire.com/?jabzfqfcswz8db9 and http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8il1cf5q7p0dd9t the omx patch.zip seems to have more libs, does it mean it supports more formats than omx.zip?

Guest TheCactusman

I installed this ROM the other day and have only one small problem with it. I can't seem to get any custom boot animations to work, nor does there appear to be a default one.

Why?

Guest jventura

I installed this ROM the other day and have only one small problem with it. I can't seem to get any custom boot animations to work, nor does there appear to be a default one.

Why?

Hi there,

I've removed the bootanimation.zip from /system/media, and set the "persist.sys.nobootanimation=1" so the ROM could boot faster..

If you want to set the boot animation back, just copy a bootanimation.zip file back to /system/media and do this on the phone's terminal:

> su

> echo 0 > /data/property/persist.sys.nobootanimation

> reboot

If you want to remove the boot animation again, just change 0 for a 1.. :)

best cm9/cm10 i've ever try, had to be from a portuguese :P

when an eco cm10? :)

Last time I've used CM10, it seemed to much resource-hungry for me.. With the screen on, even with auto-rotation off, the battery drained faster than with CM9! So, I will stay with CM9 for the current time, and I'll see later if CM10 is worth the change..

Edited by jventura

Guest TheCactusman

Hi there,

I've removed the bootanimation.zip from /system/media, and set the "persist.sys.nobootanimation=1" so the ROM could boot faster..

If you want to set the boot animation back, just copy a bootanimation.zip file back to /system/media and do this on the phone's terminal:

> su

> echo 0 > /data/property/persist.sys.nobootanimation

> reboot

If you want to remove the boot animation again, just change 0 for a 1.. :)

Thank you!

Guest mickeystar

i cannot get play store to work, i installed gapps ics mini, got multiple apks off the internet each one doesnt work, play store opens to the loading screen then closes

ive cleared cache, app data, reinstalled rom any help

also my home button doesnt do anything, on previous roms its take me to the home screen

Edited by mickeystar

Guest jventura

i cannot get play store to work, i installed gapps ics mini, got multiple apks off the internet each one doesnt work, play store opens to the loading screen then closes

ive cleared cache, app data, reinstalled rom any help

also my home button doesnt do anything, on previous roms its take me to the home screen

Everything is working fine here, so the problem is on your side!

First things first, what is the size of your system partition? Go to the terminal app, and do "df" (without quotes). You should have 160MB or more..

Guest mickeystar

Everything is working fine here, so the problem is on your side!

First things first, what is the size of your system partition? Go to the terminal app, and do "df" (without quotes). You should have 160MB or more..

Its 138, I thought it was 160+ as I previously had cm 9 working fine. Play store foeant work on cm 10 is that same reason ? Thanksss

How do I change it ? I've got a gen 1 tpt upgraded to gen2. Also does home button do anything on this ROM as it wasn't going to the homepage for me

Guest jventura

Its 138, I thought it was 160+ as I previously had cm 9 working fine. Play store foeant work on cm 10 is that same reason ? Thanksss

How do I change it ? I've got a gen 1 tpt upgraded to gen2. Also does home button do anything on this ROM as it wasn't going to the homepage for me

Use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amphoras.tpthelper

If you use the 160MB on /system you can install all CM9/CM10/CM10.1 versions that are in this forum.. Good luck! :)

Guest mickeystar

Use this app: https://play.google....horas.tpthelper

If you use the 160MB on /system you can install all CM9/CM10/CM10.1 versions that are in this forum.. Good luck! :)

play store doesn't work remember ! ThNks anyway , is that the reason home button had no effect on cm9 ? Also how do I change extra settings like transition and animations ( this might just be on cm 10 )

installed sweeish snow so i could get tpt helper etc

now reinstalling cm10.1

hopefully all works

doesnt work :( i get 'unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped' and 'unfortunately setup wizard has stopped' which keeps repeating i cant turn screen off and power off normally. blade checker said i had orignally gen 1 eur phone, used gen 1 to gen 2 tpt

So i used 'Gen 1 to Gen 2 v10f. i did all standard wipe data , dalvik cache etc

Gives a 180MB system, 2MB cache and 274MB data. Will convert from Gen 1 to Gen 2 and installs ClockworkMod recovery v5.0.2.0. No rom is included. Great for ICS.' this tpt now what do i do

i restarted but got stuck on green android logo

i can get into cwm recovery, i have cm10.1konstakang and jbgapps latest one,

Edited by mickeystar

Guest mickeystar

For CM10.1 you will have to use the CM10.1 thread..

tahnks for your rom eco cm9 does the home button have any use, as when i tried it didnt do anything, obviously i didnt do system partition correctly, so im going to try again

when i installed the rom it says no space for extras? despite partioning

Edited by mickeystar

Guest jventura

tahnks for your rom eco cm9 does the home button have any use, as when i tried it didnt do anything, obviously i didnt do system partition correctly, so im going to try again

when i installed the rom it says no space for extras? despite partioning

As I said previously, everything except what I mention in the first post is working as expected, including the home button of course.. The "No space for extras" is an error in the installation script, because there are no extras to be installed in the zip file..

Guest Eversor

Saudações!

For the short time I've tried this CM9 version, it seems by far the best ROM for ZTE Blade, whereas CM10/10.1 is very slow and this does pretty much everything either way :)

I've found a few issues that seem to plague this version, like other CM9s:

- GPS in Navigation isn't detected or takes a long time to find the location (haven't got it to do so with Eco CM9, took a long time with CM9 ColdfusionX)

- HW accel in BS Player doesn't work (not sure if a issue with the ROM, works ok on CM7.2.0)

- No video on apps like Twitch TV. Works great on GB based ROMs.

My biggest issue here is really the GPS. Seems strange everyone would report it as working and I keep getting problems with it. Which software do you use for GPS navigation?

Also not sure why this works in 16bit graphics with dethering, as performance seemed good in 32bit. Any basis for this?

If someone can drop some hints in debugging these the GPS and video issues, would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Guest jventura

Saudações!

For the short time I've tried this CM9 version, it seems by far the best ROM for ZTE Blade, whereas CM10/10.1 is very slow and this does pretty much everything either way :)

- GPS in Navigation isn't detected or takes a long time to find the location (haven't got it to do so with Eco CM9, took a long time with CM9 ColdfusionX)

- HW accel in BS Player doesn't work (not sure if a issue with the ROM, works ok on CM7.2.0)

My biggest issue here is really the GPS. Seems strange everyone would report it as working and I keep getting problems with it. Which software do you use for GPS navigation?

Also not sure why this works in 16bit graphics with dethering, as performance seemed good in 32bit. Any basis for this?

If someone can drop some hints in debugging these the GPS and video issues, would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Hi there,

I am not having problems with GPS. I use GPS Status to check GPS satellites, etc., and NDrive for GPS Offline navigation. Everything is working fine, and I get the signal pretty fast.

You should try Eco CM9 to see if GPS problems persist on your phone, maybe something got fixed on the way..

About the video issues, I don't know. I only used Youtube app to test video and it is working fine. I haven't used the other apps you mentioned. As for 16bit, you should really ask Daemond on the CM10 (Continuation) thread, since it was him who did the patches. My understanding of the subject was that 32 bit imply a later conversion to 16 bit because our display's are 16 bit, and so, doing the conversion in the first place (for 16bit to 32bit) was a waste of resources for some cases. But Daemond can explain better that part..

But as final result, I see some improvements in some apps, like for instance, in a sudoku game that I play a lot..

Edited by jventura

Guest mickeystar

As I said previously, everything except what I mention in the first post is working as expected, including the home button of course.. The "No space for extras" is an error in the installation script, because there are no extras to be installed in the zip file..

finally got rom working everything seems great !

only slight problem (also problem when i had konsta cm9) is that dolphin mini is prone to force close, when opening it seems to load the content but nothing happens on the screen its just white as if nothing has loaded, but the screen is scrollable and you can highlight objects. this happens 40% time i open dolphin mini

left it overnight went from 70%+ to 52% ???? checked battery -mobile standby40%, phone idle 23% ???

Edited by mickeystar

Guest azidhaka

jventura, thank you for keeping this alive. It is the only ICS ROM in active maintenance, and the only 4.x i can trust to multitask on (memory usage is way up on Jelly Bean)

Guest worminfo

Saudações!

Best regards

I also can't use gps in navigation, currently use the latest version eco cm9 with amoled version osf

I still can't find any ics rom with working gps, however, gps on jb rom work fine, lol

Guest jventura

I also can't use gps in navigation, currently use the latest version eco cm9 with amoled version osf

I still can't find any ics rom with working gps, however, gps on jb rom work fine, lol

Reboot your phone and try "GPS Status", to see if you can get a GPS signal..