[23/07/2013][ICS] Eco CM9 - aiming for stability and battery efficiency

Guest jventura

Guest saleiro

Perfect rom so far. Battery, speed, bluetooth, mms and so on. Just zero trouble. Too bad cm9 (or 4.0.0) wont allow you to reply to sms directly from notification screen. Can that be enabled here somehow?

Guest HDuser

Perfect rom so far. Battery, speed, bluetooth, mms and so on. Just zero trouble. Too bad cm9 (or 4.0.0) wont allow you to reply to sms directly from notification screen. Can that be enabled here somehow?

sure enable sms pop up in messaging settings, that way better then notification one's quick reply shorcut

Guest saleiro

sure enable sms pop up in messaging settings, that way better then notification one's quick reply shorcut

I can´t find that option anywhere in this rom.

Guest DellXCD35

I am facing slow speeds on GPRS with this rom. On the 2g networks GPRS is very slow, pages take ages to open. Can you please check on this?

Guest vNa5h
I am facing slow speeds on GPRS with this rom. On the 2g networks GPRS is very slow, pages take ages to open. Can you please check on this?

Maybe network issue

Guest elrond_bs

I can´t find that option anywhere in this rom.

Because it's only for CM10 and up! ;)

Guest DellXCD35

Maybe network issue

Nopes. I checked the same sim in other handset too. The speeds have always been good on Vodafone in my area.

Guest JesusChrist

Just keep wifi sleep disabled. With wake on wireless on ICS and up the wifi shouldn't consume much power anyway.

Thanks !

I've tried setting 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'Always'. But it reduces my battery life to about one day, with the Wifi process using 70+% battery.

Is that the right setting?

Cheers

Edited by JesusChrist

Guest noMax

this is really a great rom... i've been using it for 2 days and this is the best rom i've tried... and i tried a lot!

Everything i consider important, work's! MMS, BT, Radio, Cam, Battery life, speed... thank's jventura!

Edited by noMax

Guest szpilasty

I've tried setting 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' to 'Always'. But it reduces my battery life to about one day, with the Wifi process using 70+% battery.

Is that the right setting?

Cheers

You should choose "newer" to preserve battery. "always" means WiFi is always ON and consuming power.

BTW I have a little problem with WiFi - it does not wakes up properly after deep sleep. Widget shows it's on, but it's not. I need to turn it off/on to get it working.

Thanks !

Edited by szpilasty

Guest lpinho

Hi all,

I don't know if this is a problem, a feature that I've got to install or something I'm doing wrong.

In my previous versions (Swedish SLR7, Modaco or stock), to start a call using my bluetooth headset I just need to press the call button a few seconds and I could "command" my phone to make a call just by saying "CALL <name to call>".

With this version the mobile is "ignoring" the pressing of the call button on my headset, I can use it to answer a call, to terminate a call and to make a phone call, but to start the call I must use my hand on the mobile.

Any ideas?

Obrigado pela ajuda,

Luis Pinho

EDIT: I've installed voice dialler apk from the CM9, I'm able to make it work one time, well almost, it pop ups, I say the command CALL <persons name>, then an error is thrown telling me that the voice dialler application stopped working (no call is made), afterwards the voice dialler no longer appears... bummer, this is a breaking point for me, I don't like to use my hands to make calls while driving :(

Edited by lpinho

Guest jventura

EDIT: I've installed voice dialler apk from the CM9, I'm able to make it work one time, well almost, it pop ups, I say the command CALL <persons name>, then an error is thrown telling me that the voice dialler application stopped working (no call is made), afterwards the voice dialler no longer appears... bummer, this is a breaking point for me, I don't like to use my hands to make calls while driving :(

Luís,

I'm not aware of any errors with Bluetooth headsets because I don't use them. However, I've compiled VoiceDialer.apk, see in attachment (remove the .zip extension), copy it to /system/app and see if it works..

VoiceDialer.apk.zip

Guest lpinho

Luís,

I'm not aware of any errors with Bluetooth headsets because I don't use them. However, I've compiled VoiceDialer.apk, see in attachment (remove the .zip extension), copy it to /system/app and see if it works..

Thanks a lot, I will try it out, sorry for extra work

Guest haary

I know what Google Analytics is, but is that integrated in the ROM?

Sorry, I did suppose that the news spread so far that everyone noticed. As of the commit here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings/commit/09616382733e7d0c6df8f9292b198bea7381e079 Cyanogenmod implements the sending of statistical data to Google Analytics. See also this Blogpost: http://blogs.fsfe.org/torsten.grote/2013/04/03/cyanogenmod-removes-tracking-opt-out-reverses-decision-still-uses-google-analytics/

Guest jventura

Sorry, I did suppose that the news spread so far that everyone noticed. As of the commit here: https://github.com/C...b198bea7381e079 Cyanogenmod implements the sending of statistical data to Google Analytics. See also this Blogpost: http://blogs.fsfe.or...ogle-analytics/

This was merged only 2 days ago, so it is not in the latest build.. I'll keep an eye on this one, and that change can always be reverted in later builds..

Guest brunoalex

Hi!

Excelente work with this rom ;)

But I can't find a way to add some more icons to the power bar... like turn on/off mobile data...

and, its just me or the red led dont turns on when I receive a message?

Edited by brunoalex