[GUIDE] Change to ANY G300/U8815/U8818 ROM via Boot loader version bypass [HACK]

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Guest sasa_gm

Anyone tried from B892 to ics and back?

and one more question,i dont understand,if i go to ics by update.app,(before of course backed up my imei) it will but on ics or be stuck?? how can i restore imei if it doesnt boot at all?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Anyone tried from B892 to ics and back?

and one more question,i dont understand,if i go to ics by update.app,(before of course backed up my imei) it will but on ics or be stuck?? how can i restore imei if it doesnt boot at all?

You should be able to go to official ICS (without using hack) from b892 - always wipe caches factory reset BEFORE installing ICS

then save the original IMEI and you will be able to use that to downgrade any bxxx rom

NO boot (we are talking about ICS here?) Boot into Android recovery by battery pull/ back in + hold volume up into Android Recovery (NOT CWM) and wipe the cache / factory reset and reboot and it should boot

The hack only allows the rom to bypass bootloader check to load it ..... the version of rom applied by update.app will always be official and untouched

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest sasa_gm

ok,things are much clearer now.thanks Gary

Dazozo i thought that it will be stuck when i try to get back from ics to any Bxxx stock rom...

and finally if i understand well-imei that i restore from downgrade zip,actualy unlock bootloader?

Edited by sasa_gm

Guest FrankieADZ
if we update to ICS Chinese when another version of ICS appears we need downgrade ?

was wondering that too. I think you might unless it's a higher version.

Guest lupone22

ICS still have the update option from storage ?

Guest Maximus9

Seems you guys discover new things by the hour. Hope the guide and instructions in the first post will be updated to reflect those findings. It is hard to keep up otherwise.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

If the ICS is a higher version of boot loader i'm hoping it should update without this hack

with the Uk version of ICS you may need to run this hack again - I can see No reason why the UK version of ICS would not be able to be flashed to replace chinese version

Guest Gary_J_Wright

I think I might start maintaining a FAQ on Google Docs. Easier to update it that way.

+1 on FAQ's getting hard to follow send me a link and I will add to 1st post

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Yeah, tried this, still the same chinese splash1 screen. I see the root shell appear and I know the bootloader is unlocked because I have flashed a recovery. I don't want to keep running the unlocker because surely that can't be wise. Guess I'll just wait until someone works out a manual way to do it - I know fastboot flash splash1 works on some phone as I used it on my HTC but don't think that works on the g300.

Edit: Bah, I dont get it. I just re-flashed ICS via the dload method so the bootloader got re-written, I then used the newer english bootloaderunlocker.exe to root & unlock but I still have the stupid white /orange splash1 logo. I wonder why I can't change this logo... :huh:

2 possible causes either you haven't restored your imei as this removes chinese splash or

I think what ever splash screen you have when you make imei backup is replaced when you restore > so if you make a imei backup on b926 chinese version your restore chinese splash screens

Guest feckineejit

Thanks for this Gary, I managed to get back to b882, then done the online update to b885 because i was back to the low sound.

Guest milance022

I bricked my huawei g300.Only blinked huawei logo.I tried to install the original rom b886 and at the end update failed?Any idea?