Forthcoming MoDaCo Custom ICS ROM discussion topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Folks!

I'm working on the Ir1 ROM (based on the Chinese ICS release), i've stripped basically all the Huawei specific stuff out bar the Camera and FM radio and it runs REALLY nice! :)

Will update here when it's ready... get any requests in now!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest Hpez

Can we have a MoDaCo splash logo, pretty please? I'm growing a strong dislike to the default Chinese one! :P

Looking forward to installing the ROM regardless so thank you!

Edited by Hpez

Guest FrankieADZ

lovely stuff :)

will we need to to the update to ICS...unlock bootloader stuff first?

*temptation to update to ICS now is getting even greater without the official UK update lol

Guest Dazzozo

It seems there are now two generations of the G300 and you can (potentially soon) switch between the two at will.

Goddamn it Huawei!

Guest PaulOBrien

Can we have a MoDaCo splash logo, pretty please? I'm growing a strong dislike to the default Chinese one! :P

Looking forward to installing the ROM regardless so thank you!

I plan to put a couple of different options in the kitchen. :)

lovely stuff :)

will we need to to the update to ICS...unlock bootloader stuff first?

*temptation to update to ICS now is getting even greater without the official UK update lol

Yes, it will be necessary to go the official route first, then flash my ROM to get all the cool stuff (Google bits, Face Unlock etc. etc!)

P

Guest FrankieADZ

It seems there are now two generations of the G300 and you can (potentially soon) switch between the two at will.

Goddamn it Huawei!

think after a certain while, all the newer models will have ICS....pits for us early buyers :wacko:

@Paul....stop tempting me more....you've done it with the Nexus7 already lol....its costing me money lol

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Dazzozo

How close can we get this looking like AOSP? Their lazy work on PotterUnlock for ICS really put me off the official release.

Guest Hans Gruber

Yes, it will be necessary to go the official route first, then flash my ROM to get all the cool stuff (Google bits, Face Unlock etc. etc!)

P

Face unlock without a front facing camera? :P

How close can we get this looking like AOSP? Their lazy work on PotterUnlock for ICS really put me off the official release.

It's pretty close as it is once you delete the Huawei lock screen and install your launcher of choice

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest haxxbaxx

i've insatlled atomicmod by tila and then cm9, I see others talking about baseband etc and have no clue, do i just follow the instructions and flash the ics and everything ok?

Guest PaulOBrien

Ah yes, no FaceLock of course, lol. It'll be exactly like AOSP, i've ditched everything Huawei and replaced with Stock Android except Camera and FM Radio.

P

Guest Hpez

In the apps setting the unlock app had a simple disable button, which I did as I am not a fan of it either, so now I have the stock ICS lock screen. I thought I would have to freeze it or pull it out but disable was enough.

So it seems they haven't really stripped much ASOP stuff out but have just bolted their bits on top.

Guest Hans Gruber

Is potterunlock called 2dunlock on the chinese build? I dont like it either and would like to remove it.

Yeah that's it. I just deleted it and it reverts back to the standard ICS lockscreen

Guest Dazzozo

Ah yes, no FaceLock of course, lol. It'll be exactly like AOSP, i've ditched everything Huawei and replaced with Stock Android except Camera and FM Radio.

P

Is this just because the Camera app is good or is the camera support tangled in the app and the AOSP one doesn't work?

Is potterunlock called 2dunlock on the chinese build? I dont like it either and would like to remove it.

Yep, the launcher is called 2D Home too, apparently.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest Hans Gruber

One thing about this ICS is that it doesn't have any power widgets in the pull down menu like the Huawei Gingerbread had. Is there any way of getting that back for ICS? I like a quick way of turning mobiledata on and off.

Guest Hpez

One thing about this ICS is that it doesn't have any power widgets in the pull down menu like the Huawei Gingerbread had. Is there any way of getting that back for ICS? I like a quick way of turning mobiledata on and off.

Yeah, that is the number one thing I miss from CM9 so it would be great to have that back. I've had to resort to using this app instead for the time being: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc

Guest PaulOBrien

Sneak peek!

Hoping to have the initial kitchen up tomorrow with tweaks / improvements going in that prior to a prebake! :)

P

ir18815-1.pngir18815-2.png

ir18815-3.pngir18815-4.png

Guest ugnius40

+1 to add power widget to tray. I'm now using atomic mod, it has power controls in tray, but when outside in sunshine its impossible to see icons if they're switched off.

Edited by ugnius40

Guest sej7278

any chance of a tutorial with root, clockworkmod, chinese ics, unlock bootloader, mcr ics? its getting confusing which builds you have to flash to be able to install ics and which ones prevent you from downgrading, which order you have to do it all in etc.

also what's happening with sim unlock, are most people getting it that way from vodafone, or just paying some guy on ebay? is there no programmable method we can use?

Guest Hpez

also what's happening with sim unlock, are most people getting it that way from vodafone, or just paying some guy on ebay? is there no programmable method we can use?

It seems split between those getting the code via ebay and those getting vodaphone to unlock it for either free or £19.99. Still no programmable method as of yet.

Guest 00Mark

any chance of a tutorial with root, clockworkmod, chinese ics, unlock bootloader, mcr ics? its getting confusing which builds you have to flash to be able to install ics and which ones prevent you from downgrading, which order you have to do it all in etc.

+1 to the complete guide thing, from stock 2.3.6 to this new ROM (when released) and root.

As to the unlock: mine came locked, and I used the eBay guy (specialize), for about £5.50 iirc. Some come unlocked so don't pay without first checking your SIM.