wondering as im still rocking gingerbread :blink: :blush:

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Andymac1969

has everyone gone to ICS?

wondering as im still rocking gingerbread :blink: :blush:

Still Gingerbread here, but chomping at the bit :P

Guest ugnius40

Is it so hard to download it?

No problem, just in was a bit confused last time I downloaded it, home button goes to go launcher, unlock goes to huawei launcher. I'm pretty green when it comes to android.

Anyway no means no, fair and square.

Guest Sonny Atwal

Will UK ICS version have any additional benefits or disadvantages?

Is there an ETA on when a Custom ROM will be available? Which only requires you to flash one zip in CWM and that's you done?

Would much prefer to do it the one zip flash, but if it's going to be some time then I will just do it the other way.

Guest Lgdslr

Is there any way the Huawei lock screen with 4 way selection could be kept? I love it and for me it's so much better to instantly go to camera than to unlock first etc.

I'm quite sure you can set like 4 additional shortcuts on the vanilla ICS lock screen.

I know you can do it on CM9 and assumed it to be a part of ICS.

Guest omegamoon

Is it worth going to ICS now or waiting for the Official UK release do you think?

I flashed MIUI ICS yesterday. It's worth it :)

Guest omegamoon

I'm quite sure you can set like 4 additional shortcuts on the vanilla ICS lock screen.

I know you can do it on CM9 and assumed it to be a part of ICS.

Or flash MIUI ICS, which has such a lockscreen on default. Apart from that it also has toggles (BT, GPS, WLAN and lots more) in the statusbar/notification pulldown.

Guest ugnius40

I want to confirm some things about this upcoming mod.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

This mod will need flashing Chinese huawei mod, then root, unlock bootloader and only then CWM flash this one.

Basically it's because CWM can't flash firmware (radio, touchscreen, etc.) used by Chinese based ICS roms.

This also means there is no easy way back to gingerbread, and when UK ICS is out it may be problematic to flash that as well.

By the way someone has found a way to go from ICS to gingerbread and back, so it's not that all bleak.

This is my sum up of things.

Thanks

Guest FrankieADZ

I want to confirm some things about this upcoming mod.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

This mod will need flashing Chinese huawei mod, then root, unlock bootloader and only then CWM flash this one.

Basically it's because CWM can't flash firmware (radio, touchscreen, etc.) used by Chinese based ICS roms.

This also means there is no easy way back to gingerbread, and when UK ICS is out it may be problematic to flash that as well.

By the way someone has found a way to go from ICS to gingerbread and back, so it's not that all bleak.

This is my sum up of things.

Thanks

thats put me off putting ICS on for a bit :wacko: :blink:

Guest PaulOBrien

Will UK ICS version have any additional benefits or disadvantages?

Is there an ETA on when a Custom ROM will be available? Which only requires you to flash one zip in CWM and that's you done?

Would much prefer to do it the one zip flash, but if it's going to be some time then I will just do it the other way.

There won't be a one-zip flash in the foreseeable future i'm afraid...

P

Guest Simon O

You are incorrect. These is no 'Chinese' radio, touchscreen etc. Firmware is firmware regardless of the rom. There is no advantage to an 'official' UK ICS ROM over the Chinese ROM apart from slighly newer apps and the inclusion of the google apps (which have been added to custom roms based on the Chinese rom anyway).

There are methods to restore previous roms so if anyone does want to go back to stock to flash UK ICS, they can do.

We need to flash the Chinese ROM first as ICS requires different partition sizes and updated firmware.

Guest ugnius40

We need to flash the Chinese ROM first as ICS requires different partition sizes and updated firmware.

Thanks for correcting me, you've put all I wanted to say in one sentence.

If UK ICS uses same baseband firmware we might be able to use single zip flash from this mod, just a speculation.

Guest Dazzozo

If UK ICS uses same baseband firmware we might be able to use single zip flash from this mod, just a speculation.

What's the point? It will be pretty much identical to the Chinese release.

Guest ugnius40

What's the point? It will be pretty much identical to the Chinese release.

I see your point.

Sleep deprivation is getting at me.

Guest PaulOBrien

REALLY early kitchen in post 2. Backup before flashing, requires the Chinese update to have been installed + ClockworkMod. This is mainly for my development purposes, a kitchen makes it super easy for me to quickly add features / fixes in.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE backup first! :)

Install at your own risk - this is my base, i'll be adding all the cool bits and pieces next week. :)

P

Guest Hans Gruber

Awesome thanks. Tiny gripe, giffgaff APN isn't pre-installed.

Also, it doesn't appear to have T9 dialling like the original ROM, is it possible to get that back?

Edited by Hans Gruber

Guest achromic

Just installed Ir1 (so glad I've got membership), and it's sweet :P

Can't wait to see what fun things you add into the next kitchen recipe, good work Paul, good work

Guest Beavers

Awesome thanks. Tiny gripe, giffgaff APN isn't pre-installed.

Some could class the GiffGaff APN as bloatware as they may not be on GG. ;)

Guest Hans Gruber

Some could class the GiffGaff APN as bloatware as they may not be on GG. ;)

Same could be said for any network :P

(I'm not talking about the app called "GiifgaffAPN" If that's what you're referring)

Guest ugnius40

Do I need to do wipe/factory reset, clear cache before I install Ir1 from the kitchen (just bought membership).

Thanks for all the work guys.