[MOD] ENABLED ICS SOFT BUTTONS [STOCK ICS ROM'S ONLY]

Guest tillaz

Guest tillaz

THIS MOD IS STRICTLY FOR OFFICIAL STOCK BASED ICS ROM'S

THIS WILL ADD THE SOFT BUTTONS TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR SCREEN

(basically it adds a virtual back, home, and menu button to the bottom of the screen)

FLASH VIA RECOVERY

post-913969-0-74738700-1341525842_thumb.

post-913969-0-14383200-1341527973_thumb.

Guest Sonny Atwal

can someone explain to me why anyone would want this? do they not like the physical buttons? do they really hate them so much they would sacrifice screen space and have 2 sets of buttons for the same functions?

sorry but it looks pointless to me

Guest tillaz

might help if those capacitive buttons are not very responsive ;)

also, i could be handy if the capacitive buttons get broke and you have no warranty.

or you could turn the capacitive ones off completely (turn brightness to zero) might save battery lol

just posted it because people always ask and it takes two seconds to do

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

My thoughts exactly. I see this is popular over on the Blade but what's the point?

It was popular on the Blade because it saves the physical buttons degrading with use. I was unsure about the point on a device with capacitive buttons, but I think tillaz' points are possibly valid.

Guest FrankieADZ

certainly a good addition. will you added it to ur atomicMod...but with toggle options of whether to have or not? :)

*ur ICS AM Mod i mean :)

Guest tillaz

at least its hear for people to try / use if they want to...

there's been lots of mods / add-on's that people ask me for that i have thought are useless but still posted them.

not everyone shares the same opinion.

its the same kind of thing with overclocking i don't think there is any point in doing it, but i would still post it / include it in a rom

Guest Dazzozo

I'm the same, I'm not a fan of overclocking but I'm still looking in to it, I'm not a fan of AOKP and I still release that for another device.

I was just wondering people's reasoning for using them, not your reasoning for releasing them.

Guest Sonny Atwal

at least its hear for people to try / use if they want to...

there's been lots of mods / add-on's that people ask me for that i have thought are useless but still posted them.

not everyone shares the same opinion.

its the same kind of thing with overclocking i don't think there is any point in doing it, but i would still post it / include it in a rom

overclocking makes the cpu faster, hence making the phone run smoother and better, but at the cost of heat and battery consumption and life of parts (i upgrade my phone every year, so i do not care about shortening the life expectancy).

this feature adds on screen buttons for buttons which are already a part of the phone, it basically adds a feature which is already there and at the cost of screen space.

i just think there won't be many people who use this feature, but it is there for anybody who will.

a bit like having 2 sets of pedals in a car in the drivers seat, so the driver now has 2 accelerators, 2 brakes and 2 clutches, just in case one of them fails or stops working, but he now has less leg room.

Guest FrankieADZ

I'm the same, I'm not a fan of overclocking but I'm still looking in to it, I'm not a fan of AOKP and I still release that for another device.

I was just wondering people's reasoning for using them, not your reasoning for releasing them.

i think people just like to have the option of both. :)

Sorry, what music app is that? I love my mixzing fullscreen widget, but that one might just be nicer!

The app is Poweramp: https://play.google....dioplayer&hl=en

hey hpez what rom are you currently running?

how do i get it ? ,and how smooth is it?

I'm running the ICS B926 chinese build that has been released and it is running pretty well. More info on how to install it can be found here: http://www.modaco.co...l-ics-403-b926/

Edited by Hpez

Can someone post a working link to the revert to stock zip file? Link is broken.

Thanks.

EDIT: Already reverted to an previous nandroid backup. Thanks anyways.

Edited by rjvc