Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien
I know I've asked this before... How do I do that?

I think in asking that it's probably too late. Already cleared the notification. Won't the file be on the tablet somewhere?

Ah, don't worry!

P

Guest PaulOBrien

The kitchen has been updated to 4.2.1, i'll update the prebake shortly once i've finished the testing. Some additional mods coming for the next release, together with tweaked kitchen options!

P

so what update is that then? I've got a nx7 but the wife won't let me have it till Xmas :-\

so on Xmas day I'm planning to install the Jr9 Rom, will I also have to install this latest update?

also, if Xmas day was 2Moro and I downloaded the Jr9 Rom, would the flash issue be solved and the you tube preloader be working, or would I have to wait till Jr10 to get it in a pre bake?

kind regards,

Si.

Guest Peter Jordow

Hi

I baked me a rom yesterday and it is so far working good. I only have one issue. I would like to use the new "swipe" style stock keyboard.

In the kitchen I selected

LatinIME (stock input method) with forced Phone layout

and

LatinIME (stock input method)

I also deselected the

Input Methods (non LatinIME)

In my input method settings I now have

Android keyboard

Asus keyboard

and the non latin one.

The settings for the android keyboard has check boxes to enable the swipe thing but it does not seem to work.

also when using the android keyboard the pop up of the key pressed does not work. I think i t used to.

I also have the swype beta keyboard installed, but I would really like to try the stock swipe functionality.

Have I baked a rom with conflicting options? How can I solve this.

Thanks for a good rom.

Guest PaulOBrien

I made some minor kitchen adjustments to bring the Galaxy Nexus / N4 / N7 (and future N10) options in line, which adds and moves a few features for this ROM. These will be reflected in the next version pre-bake.

P

Guest spankthespam

Guys, I've just installed the prebaked ROM on my N73G and everything seems to be working fine, but I cant seem to get the youtube app preloading feature to work. Despite having the option enabled in YT settings, being charged over USB cable and a laptop, having wifi enabled and logged to appropriate network, watching a video and pressing 'watch it later', seeing small grey banner 'video has been added to watch it later doesnt seem to do anything - the watch it later folder is empy no matter what I do. Is there any trick involved? I'd love to get some videos cached for tonight's flight :)

Hi

I baked me a rom yesterday and it is so far working good. I only have one issue. I would like to use the new "swipe" style stock keyboard.

In the kitchen I selected

LatinIME (stock input method) with forced Phone layout

and

LatinIME (stock input method)

I also deselected the

Input Methods (non LatinIME)

In my input method settings I now have

Android keyboard

Asus keyboard

and the non latin one.

The settings for the android keyboard has check boxes to enable the swipe thing but it does not seem to work.

also when using the android keyboard the pop up of the key pressed does not work. I think i t used to.

I also have the swype beta keyboard installed, but I would really like to try the stock swipe functionality.

Have I baked a rom with conflicting options? How can I solve this.

Thanks for a good rom.

Input Methods (non LatinIME) still present in latest pre-bake (30/11) even when deselected in online kitchen.

You can remove it with TB.

@Paul, Maybe something to be fixed in the next update ? Thx!

Edited by syddp

Guest nico1375

Hello Paul

Do you think it would be possible to suppress the notification bar by moving its elements (clock, wifi icon...) to the navigation bar on the right of the screen?

Idea of course is to maximise the usable screen, notably when using a browser (yes I'm frustrated by the absence of a 4/3 Nexus device...)

Thanks

Nicolas

Guest comicbookguy

Hello Paul

Do you think it would be possible to suppress the notification bar by moving its elements (clock, wifi icon...) to the navigation bar on the right of the screen?

Idea of course is to maximise the usable screen, notably when using a browser (yes I'm frustrated by the absence of a 4/3 Nexus device...)

Thanks

Nicolas

There's a tablet ui mod that does it fairly well. I've posted a link to it earlier in the thread. It does conflict with certain parts of the ROM tho, so it depends what you want to sacrifice

Guest nico1375

But as a tablet UI mode, in landscape mode does it put the info (nav buttons, wifi icon, clock...) on the bottom or on the right of the screen?

I currently use smooth rom (found on xda) which provides that kind of tablet mode.

Info at the bottom is not bad but I'd rather have it on the right of the screen...