I take it everyones moved on. OSD failed?

Guest boristhespie

Guest boristhespie

Lack of any posts in this forum suggests the osd has failed with enthusiasts?

What phone on the horizin could replace it for your affections.

Guest unrealdtc

It's due to that locked bootloader. And they don't plan on unlocking it

Obviously... And also the rule is that you buy a phone for what it does today, not for what it may do down the road (ICS...).

And what it does today is worth every penny in my book, it is fast, has good gaming performance, camera is good, full hd video, not the best, but in good lighting using lg camera app, it performs well, the screen is also good, by far the clearest and best viewing angles of all the devices I have had so far.

Yes it is gingerbread, but it is clean and not so much bloat, no root and locked bootloader may be hacked in future but not a deal breaker, with ics coming later in the year this device is undoubtedly a good device that one could use as a daily driver, as I do myself( I have a g300 for root, flashing, and, general messing about)

Guest richardw1992
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest vermat17

For anyone still reading this topic, you may want to have a look at the root progress thread :P

They're making some real progress from what I've read. And once this phone is rooted and has custom roms etc., I dont think there's any competition for the price...

Guest glossywhite

For anyone still reading this topic, you may want to have a look at the root progress thread :P

They're making some real progress from what I've read. And once this phone is rooted and has custom roms etc., I dont think there's any competition for the price...

Progress? Just let us know when progress produces fruit ;)

Not really, there has been plenty progress so that is an unfair comment glossywhite. No progress with regard to the intended progress but, the device is now recoverable and we have a flashing tool that although not working now, it is likely someone will work it out. I would call that progress compared to before rickywyatt got to work on this device.

Edited by Guest