USB OTG Cables

Guest cjb110

Guest comicbookguy

i have a cable for use with my GNex, it came from ebay - it's actually better than a short adapter because it makes it harder to knock the memory stick around in the socket. you can get right angle ones which would be even less obtrusive in landscape .....

Also, can one of you try something for me if you get chance please: I've connected my Gnex to the wifes Sony Arc S before using the OTG cable plugged into the normal charging cable. The result was that the device at the "host" end had access to the card mount folder in the device at the "slave" end (the host device even charges the other one, because it thinks its powering a usb stick, lol). I'd very much like to know what happens when you do this with an android phone and a Nexus7 ;)

Just bought a little cable off of eBay. Just found StickMount this morning, so I'm anxious to give it a try.

::fist bump:: for the tip.

Guest xXBooSHXx

Just a quick question, if I get a usb hub will it have to be powered externally or will a bus powered one be sufficient?

Edited by xXBooSHXx

Guest xXBooSHXx

Connecting mouse, keyboard and flash drive, ended up buying a basic 4 port hub from currys for £3.99 no external power and it seems to work fine.

Guest comicbookguy

Let us know how it effects battery life!

I've had a portable hard drive working with my USB charger powering the drive

Guest trishmac

Do usb otg cables only work on rooted (wish I was brave enough) n7?.. haven't tried it yet but from what I've read flash, usb otg and other minor things don't work after the 4.1 update :) x

Guest comicbookguy

The super boot method on here is fairly simple, and Nexus devices are almost "meant " to be rooted ;)

I used Wuggs Nexus Toolkit (it used to be galaxy nexus toolkit) which is step by step and almost foolproof

I've scared myself to death with soft bricked devices before and always managed to repair them eventually

Guest chrisbarker

I got my OTG cable today so will be attempting to root mine tonight. :)

PS: comicbookguy - Do you go to any of the UK comic conventions? Wondering if our paths may have crossed. :)

Guest trishmac

The super boot method on here is fairly simple, and Nexus devices are almost "meant " to be rooted ;)

I used Wuggs Nexus Toolkit (it used to be galaxy nexus toolkit) which is step by step and almost foolproof

I've scared myself to death with soft bricked devices before and always managed to repair them eventually

I'll check it out and see how scared it makes me ^_^ x