CyanogenMod performance settings and benchmarks

Guest gavin.19

Guest gavin.19

I was curious as to which settings people used for the performance options and how they thought they improved their phone's speed/efficiency. I have also been trying Antutu Benchmark (free) to compare between changing settings. Currently I have

Governor: Lagfree

CPU (min/max): 245/940MHz

Compcache: Disabled

Use JIT: On

Enable Surface Dithering: OFF

Use 16bit transparency: ON

Scrolling Cache: Default Disable

Allow purging of assets: OFF

Lock home in memory: OFF

Lock messaging in memory: OFF

VM heap size: 48m

With Antutu I've got as high as ~1900 in CM7.2. I don't use the SD card option as that will spoil tests depending on the class of your SD card/SD Speed Increase etc. I have to keep the CPU at 940 as playing games for a long time (blame Final Fantasy 3) can cause it to lock up. If I'm not gaming then I can use 960/979 no problem.

Ignoring the benchmarks, does anyone with knowledge of the less obvious settings, like compcache/purging/VM, have suggestions for the 'best' combination. I don't care about battery life as I'm never far from a USB port.

Guest ukgnome

I've been trying to find a post that shows this. I'm sure I saw one.

I personally use smartass and overclock to 865.

As for my benchmark, erm I don't actually bother. If I find the stat chart I'll post the link. I think it might be on one of c3co's threads. Maybe his posts will lead you there.

Guest gavin.19

Cheers. It seems like Performance or OnDemand might be of more use to me than Lagfree. I'll have dig around elsewhere and see if I can pick up any info on the other minor settings.

Guest Mtman1
Note that performance governor keeps your CPU frequency always at Max. So big battery drain is a consequence.

Thats why my batterys been rubbish :/