Too many pattern attempts lock

Guest Laikaq

Guest Laikaq

Well, this is a little embarrassing. Somehow my little sister managed to get hold of my phone without me noticing and spent fifteen minutes trying to break the 'code'. The result being that my phone asks me to input my Google account to access the phone. Annoyingly, this doesn't work. Wifi was toggled off the last time I used the device; I have no clue whether or not the phone can override this to contact the server. I'm running an early June build of ColdFusion ICS. I am able to manually boot into recovery, where I've tried wiping cache and dalvik as well as reflashing the ROM. I still land on the 'Too many pattern attempts' screen. I have an old nandroid, but I'd rather not use it because I've changed my system settings fairly recently. I backed up my apps quite a while ago, too. Is there any way I can get past that screen without changing ROM/wiping system data? I was going to jump ship to KonstaKANG anyway, but I'd like to know if there's a less drastic solution that'll let me back up my apps first. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guest hydo1

That's odd. I thought that it locked you out for 5 minutes or so during this time it will allow you to enter your Google account password to let you in. Can you get back to the lock screen at all?

Can you enable wifi thought the notification power widget, I think that you can pull the notification bar down.

If not sorry mate your going to have to factory hard reset and restore your backup.

Guest Laikaq

Tried every way to get back to the lockscreen. It just doesn't accept my gmail username/password. It's definitely the right account. Sometimes it says incorrect username or password and sometimes it just sits there until the screen times out. I'm reflashing 29/04 gapps at the moment, doubt it'll do anything at all. I've tried dragging down the notification bar, it doesn't work at all. Gapps reflash was, as predicted, useless. Great. Thanks for the reply, I think factory reset is the only way forward...

Guest hydo1

Yeh its always depressing to have to do that.

I would recommend that you take backups more frequently just so that if something like this happens you don't loose too much data. To titanium backups of your games etc.

Guest Laikaq

Yeah, I guess when you're just using the phone normally and taking a break from changing ROM every three days, then you sort of forget to do it. Ah well, at least I've finally found the time to try KonstaKANG...