Best keyboard?

Guest stokietom

Guest Rico_89

I've switched from TouchPal to GoKeyboard... works great, very responsive, has swipe feature, pack for my language, etc...

I have to agree but I do like them both... although right I am using go keyboard more.

Here's my two favourite, I like a skin that has plenty of room around each key so it minimises the chance of hitting the wrong key.

gokeyboard.jpgtouchpal.jpg

Guest Rico_89

With SwiftKey 3, am I right in saying it doesn't have swipe and you cannot turn off pop up keys for all skins?? I hate pop up keys more than anything.

Guest Maximus9

I tried different keyboards, but TouchPal is the best. Not the stock version, which is now old.

I found (like others) that some keyboards make the phone slow and laggish.

I would advise to uninstall TouchPal stock version (see my topic on this) and then install it again from Play to get the latest version and an up-datable one.

Also, since the screen of the G300 is very poor in the daylight, I found that having a white background helps a lot, so install the white skin for TouchPal. Default latest version is black.

Yes, auto-complete is very annoying, but can be disabled from the settings.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hoggonator

Has anyone using Swiftkey had a problem where if you power the phone off, say at night, found that the keyboard has reset back to Android Keyboard? I had no problem at all on the trial version but moving to the full version (3) I have this problem. I am on stock 892 with no mods bar being rooted and having Go Launcher running.

Smart keyboard pro for me because I can set the key height - I hate it when the keyboard takes 50% or more of the screen space. It also has some nice built in skins.

post-923750-0-39721400-1344610423_thumb.post-923750-0-14747100-1344610427_thumb.

Guest ovecka

I use SlideIT and I like it. It's very quick and has a precise prediction (for Czech lang that is). Too bad I have to turn the swipe mode on everytime I want to write something (some bug maybe, it should be automatic). I kinda liked TouchPal as well but I missed the swipe function of the stock version (newer versions don't come with a Czech language pack).

Guest TangerineTractor

Didn't know Swype was available. Awesome keyboard, just installed and using it now. better than any loss the others by far. it's definitely worth trying!

Guest TangerineTractor

Didn't know Swype was available. Awesome keyboard, just installed and using it now. better than any of the others by far. it's definitely worth trying!

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest bladebuddy

Smart keyboard pro for me also good to see it getting a mention as its the best keyboard I have used, very simple to customize, although it is not free but there is a trial version.

• 2 months later...
I think Swiftkey is the best.

+1 swiftkey a proper clever app it knows what your going to type next but at 22 mb of ram its a bit heavy for me. Standard ics keyboard uses 10 mb

Guest Umrtvovacz

+1 swiftkey a proper clever app it knows what your going to type next but at 22 mb of ram its a bit heavy for me. Standard ics keyboard uses 10 mb

Who cares? I'd rather not type every key like on pc, when you have keyboard smart enough to REALLY predict what you gonna write. It also learns amazingly. I would not trade the great predictions SwiftKey has for any other keyboard. Once you have used it for some time you will see the real power of SwiftKey.

Written on my SwiftKey.

Guest BillBong

Another recent convert to Touchpal. Great "swype" alternative, very responsive and "learns" your words so good predictive ability. I used to use GO keyboard but I got annoyed with the almost daily pop-ups for updates and add-ons and other promo/notifications.

Guest Ludak021

I have tried: android stock GB, ICS, - swift kbd, swipe kbd, and finaly market underrated smartkeyboard pro. Smart keyboard gives you pretty much all the keyboards you mentioned abovem you can have htc, iphone, blah blah, or plain custom skinned one, configured to your liking, you can make keys far apart, less apart, choose tons of stuff if you wish to, kbd rulez. I cant even type properly on default android kbd no more, smart kbd made me a snob. You can try a demo. Out of all talk regarding android kbd being smart and learning - this one is the only one that learns anything useful. Note that I dont use prediction since I type fast and precise. I canot comment in that regard, I can only say that swift kbd did an outstanding job with that until I disabled it.

edit: if you like predictions and just smashing the screen, swift is the best. It can learn words from all your sources and it sometimes predicts your goddamn thoughts. Prediction is so damn good that it makes typing boring. It's not free thou but if you are a prediction addict and a screen smasher, I can recommend it. i payed for the full and it does more then they advertize it does. Damn thing is a mind reader. This edit was typed by using it, for fun. I can't spell correctly ( <- that) some of these words, I just click s*** that it recommends (auto complete is disabled)

PS. I haven't tried swipe kbds (I did but didn't actually used swipe), my native language is not english so they are no-go for me. I am commenting keyboards that you have to tap on.

Edited by Ludak021

• 5 months later...
Guest rabia-gaz

Touch pal

Could someone give a beginner advice on how to uninstall the stock version of Touchpal. I want to put on new version but heard it is best to take off the one that came on phone originally. Where do I go to find the APK file to delete- or can you post url please maximus9 of how of how to do this? You mention this above but cannot find the topic. Thanks

Guest TangerineTractor

Personally, I prefer a slide keyboard, and of all of them, I like Swype best - for me its the most intuitive and accurate, and just "feels" right. I also light the clarity of the keys. Kii is a close second, but needs a lot of customising to get it "comfortable" for my personal taste. . The default gesture-enabled keyboard in 4.2 is good, if you're running a rom that supports it. Just didn't like touchpal,can't really say why.

Guest george109

I love the touchpal keyboard, but I have touchpal curve turned off, as then I can just swipe down on letters to get symbols. Its a lot faster than things like swype, especially if you want symbols as you have to hold the lettter down for a second, and this is REALLY slow! Also, with touchpal, I can boast to say that I can enter 250 characters a minute too :P

Edited by george109

Guest pOcHa

^^ +1

on win mobile this was the standard feature even for the default keyboard, and coming over to android every single one except touchpal felt like it was designed for people with disabilities... although still missing the gesture left for backspace, and gesture right for space - with those two buttons gone there would be even more room for others, why is android keyboard design a step backward from 10 years ago?

Edited by pOcHa