[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Hmm I've done something to my phone. After installing the vendor file (might have been twice, I lost track) I'm now just booting into CWM with it saying "E:Invalid command argument". Anyone got any ideas how to rescue it? I can't get it to boot into the OS, just goes straight to CWM.

edit: Phew! fixed it by formatting all the cache, etc.

Exactly what happened to me lol, you need to put dload & vendor on root of sd card so they update together, for some reason it is confused when you do vendor alone and thinks it is the rom, so wipes all that was there before leaving you with vendor as rom, which obviously will not boot leaving you in recovery.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

Look at the file sizes of part one and two then you will get it, part one does not contain it all, it is split between to files......Would it not be easier for you to just extract, then your answers to questions will be apparent :lol: Just ignore all the finer details, it is simple, there are two zip files that once extracted=1 folder that contains dload & vendor.

i did just extract both part 1 & 2; they have the same MB/KB

so i can just use part1.rar then?

*I NEEDS A GUIDE* :lol: :( im such a noob lol

Guest rosco-85

Exactly what happened to me lol, you need to put dload & vendor on root of sd card so they update together.

You mean 'dload' and 'vendor' as seperate folders on root of SD Card, or put 'dload' on root of sd with 'vendor' folder inside it?

You mean 'dload' and 'vendor' as seperate folders on root of SD Card, or put 'dload' on root of sd with 'vendor' folder inside it?

Yes dload & vendor seperate, so you have two folders on root sd.

Guest rosco-85

Yes dload & vendor seperate, so you have two folders on root sd.

Perfect, cheers. Will this flash directly over B926 without any problems?

Perfect, cheers. Will this flash directly over B926 without any problems?

I came from B926 to this, but I was on pauls rom after the B926 update.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

i dont mean to be a pain...but could someone do a guide. Sorry :(

as theres also that other middle.zip aswell with was on the OP's link too.

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Andymac1969

Problem for me on B927, on the play store some of my apps that worked on B926 are now coming up as not compatible? Any ideas?

Andrew

Edited by Andymac1969

1) downlaod the two rar files to your desktop and extract from rar 1

2) place both dload & vendor on root of sd card

3) power on device with both volume buttons held down,

4) simples

Edited by Guest

Guest Andymac1969

Great!! Anyone knows where to find it? I read somewhere on ths forum that on ICS wasn't "potterunlock" but a different name... Has anyone managed to get hands of that Apk or is there a method for doing it? I'm happy on B888 and honestly that's on feature i would miss on a ICS...

I have plenty of upload bandwidth... anyone interested on me uploading on Box/Dropbox the ICS file all in one part as well the "MiddlePackage"?

Thanks everyone!

Here you go

Andrew

PotterUnlock.rar

Guest kill-9

1) downlaod the two zip files to your desktop and extract from zip 1

4) simples

Hello,

Is it possible to follow the B926 Guide to update directly to the B927 ?

I'm currently on B893 and I wanted to know if this was possible to do B893 -> B927 + Bootloader unlock and CWM

Thanks in advance :)

Guest FrankieADZ

1) downlaod the two zip files to your desktop and extract from zip 1

4) simples

ah ok, :)

Zip 1=Part 1.rar?

Hello,

Is it possible to follow the B926 Guide to update directly to the B927 ?

I'm currently on B893 and I wanted to know if this was possible to do B893 -> B927 + Bootloader unlock and CWM

Thanks in advance :)

I would expect so as there is hardly any difference from B926 to B927 so yes follow the guide.

Guest FrankieADZ

Oh yes rar sorry late night, thats what I ment :lol:

ah cheers mate :)

Just wondering as there is also a part 2.rar aswell :wacko:

thats what confused me

Guest MiguelPereira

Here you go

Andrew

THANKS!!! Is this ICS compatible?

Also three more questions that are key question to me... I'm happily on B888 now..

1. Is this a direct upgrade from B888 without glitches?
  2. After upgrading do B927 is there any chance of coming back to B888?
  3. I have my IMEI backup done, but from what I see there's no need on this upgrade right?
Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest Rico_89

OK one more question; if I need to use the "middle" package would I have to remove the Download and Vendor folder, from the sd card, then put the "U8815 middle package" folder on my sd card and start by holding down both volume buttons etc and install, then remove "U8815 middle package" folder and replace DL/vendor and install as explained. Is this right?

Guest kill-9

I would expect so as there is hardly any difference from B926 to B927 so yes follow the guide.

Okay, this wasn't working from B893 to B927 with the standard way (got one update failed at 2/2).

I'll try with a downgrade first.

Edit : even by going back to B888, this wasn't working.

Does someone here has succed to update from B8xx to B927?

Edited by kill-9

The update freezes for me about 1/3 of the way through, logs show the same errors as Andymac posted but I think I will wait until a flashable zip is available.

I know I can downgrade and then apply the update but I don't really see the point in taking that (small?) risk in this situation as the baseband and bootloader seem the same as the B926, so I should be able to just flash a CWM zip and update that way. Of course, I'll need to wait until someone uploads a flashable zip but I am sure someone will eventually. *hint*hint* ;)

Guest rosco-85

OK one more question; if I need to use the "middle" package would I have to remove the Download and Vendor folder, from the sd card, then put the "U8815 middle package" folder on my sd card and start by holding down both volume buttons etc and install, then remove "U8815 middle package" folder and replace DL/vendor and install as explained. Is this right?

What's this 'middle package'?