[JB] [CM10] [4.1.1] CyanogenMod 10 for the ZTE Crescent [ROM] [Last updated: 01/09]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Dazzozo

I think the paid apps problem just got fixed. Turns out it was a dumb difference in the kernel when we realised that the Skate doesn't have it.

Guest Rattonboy

not sure whether the new rom and unmodded gapps fits on a 220mb system partition (not tried), but sounds like it doesn't.

I removed a few apks from the new rom zip and used the gapps from the blade forum (the KonstaKang gapps), then flashed and it says I used 167mb on the system.

Perhaps you ought to give that method a try.

could post a link to the files I used if you need.

Chris

I have a zte blade running konstaT's JB ROM will try to that version of gapps on zte crescent. the issue is a odd one because whenever i delete something from the apps folder in the system directory titanium backup or df in terminal emulator still says 36kb free. I have even deleted the stock keyboard that comes with android (which is 11mb) and now i am using better keyboard.

Guest chris231

I have a zte blade running konstaT's JB ROM will try to that version of gapps on zte crescent. the issue is a odd one because whenever i delete something from the apps folder in the system directory titanium backup or df in terminal emulator still says 36kb free. I have even deleted the stock keyboard that comes with android (which is 11mb) and now i am using better keyboard.

it seems that if you install a rom to a partition that is to small, it leaves somethings uninstalled (obviously cos not enough room)

after the install, the rom will not run as expected, and so the only real fix is to sort it so that the install completes properly.

either bigger partition or cut down the zips before install.

Trying to delete stuff off the partition after is like closing the door after the horse has bolted.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

camera not working here, no force close, just say it cannot start it. optimus barcelona in portugal, 736E model

That's why it says in the first post...

Working:
  • Mobile Data - 3G/2G
  • Network and RIL
  • Sound
  • USB Mass Storage
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth

Partially Working:
    • Hardware acceleration - hax
    • Project Butter - the triple buffering side is working but there's no v-sync.

Not Working:

[*]Assume everything else.

The camera would be part of "everything else"

Guest Rattonboy

it seems that if you install a rom to a partition that is to small, it leaves somethings uninstalled (obviously cos not enough room)

after the install, the rom will not run as expected, and so the only real fix is to sort it so that the install completes properly.

either bigger partition or cut down the zips before install.

Trying to delete stuff off the partition after is like closing the door after the horse has bolted.

my system is already 220 if I increase that amount I'll be left with hardly any space for data. I will increase that value however I cannot make such tpt as tpt helper doesn't allow me to make a custom tpt. Started to delete more apps now i have 1mb free it used to say 36kb all the time.

UPDATE - Chris just saw that you have another tpt which is 290 for system i will flash that one.

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Okay guys. I'm wanting to flash CM10 but I have a few questions first!

Firstly, I haven't messed around with TPTs so I'm on stock TPT, will the ROM and gapps install fine? I know people have issues with it so I'm just wondering.

Secondly, does A2SD work on the ROM? I have like 85 apps I'd like to install from Titaniuam Backup so it's essential A2SD works!

Thirdly, will there be any updates in the near future that I should wait for before I flash or is the latest version suffice?

And finally is the ROM smooth and usable for daily usage?

Thank you.

Guest chris231

Okay guys. I'm wanting to flash CM10 but I have a few questions first!

Firstly, I haven't messed around with TPTs so I'm on stock TPT, will the ROM and gapps install fine? I know people have issues with it so I'm just wondering.

Secondly, does A2SD work on the ROM? I have like 85 apps I'd like to install from Titaniuam Backup so it's essential A2SD works!

Thirdly, will there be any updates in the near future that I should wait for before I flash or is the latest version suffice?

And finally is the ROM smooth and usable for daily usage?

Thank you.

from what you've said I'd recommend CM9 rom (ICS 4.0.4). This is mostly complete and little if any further development will be done.

CM10 is in early development and is recommended for people don't care that things don't work that well (yet)

Chris

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Aight, thanks for the advice, I was going to flash it just to test it out for a few days, I normally run CM9/CM7 or FNC, it's just a case of checking out the different ROMs available!

I'll wait for it to be developed a little bit more then, thanks.

Curtis

Guest cartwheelbob

Aight, thanks for the advice, I was going to flash it just to test it out for a few days, I normally run CM9/CM7 or FNC, it's just a case of checking out the different ROMs available!

I'll wait for it to be developed a little bit more then, thanks.

Curtis

I've got to say that I have everything I need working on Daz's CM10. Got over 100 apps installed, rear camera working, overclocked to 979mhz, and overall phone running as smooth as FNC.

Guest Rattonboy

I've got to say that I have everything I need working on Daz's CM10. Got over 100 apps installed, rear camera working, overclocked to 979mhz, and overall phone running as smooth as FNC.

I have managed to move some apps by using the "cachesdreset" but is there another way to move apps to sd card.

Guest cartwheelbob

I have managed to move some apps by using the "cachesdreset" but is there another way to move apps to sd card.

Try 'a2sd reinstall' and 'a2sd repair'

Guest robt77

Hi, I am having issues with a2sd. It worked fine on cm9 but is not working on cm10. In terminakl emulator wghen I did the a2sd check it says segmentation fault, I tried 'a2sd reinstall' and 'a2sd repair and i still get the message segmentation fault. Any ideas how I could fix this I did a google search but couldn't find a solution

Edit my system only has 40k free i will delete some system apps and try again

Edit Deletre some Apps in the systrem and re flashed the a2sd zip file. i ran the a2sd check and a2sd seemed to be working. i installed a2sd gui from Playstore but it wouldn't open because my phone either wasn't rooted, No EXT partition found or A"SD scripts could not be found. i know the phone is rooted, I know the script is there, I even mounted the phone on my PC and both the SD card and the partition were there/

I tried links2sd and it attempted to move the apps bnut just got Failure install failed container error

Am totally confused now

Edited by robt77

Guest Rattonboy

Hi, I am having issues with a2sd. It worked fine on cm9 but is not working on cm10. In terminakl emulator wghen I did the a2sd check it says segmentation fault, I tried 'a2sd reinstall' and 'a2sd repair and i still get the message segmentation fault. Any ideas how I could fix this I did a google search but couldn't find a solution

Edit Deletre some Apps in the systrem and re flashed the a2sd zip file. i ran the a2sd check and a2sd seemed to be working. i installed a2sd gui from Playstore but it wouldn't open because my phone either wasn't rooted, No EXT partition found or A"SD scripts could not be found. i know the phone is rooted, I know the script is there, I even mounted the phone on my PC and both the SD card and the partition were there/

I tried links2sd and it attempted to move the apps bnut just got Failure install failed container error

Am totally confused now

Am totally confused now

MY issue is similar to yours the only way i qan move apps to my ext3 is when i use the command "cachesdreset" and it moved every app to sd. I also installed a2sd gui and i get the same errors as you.

Guest cartwheelbob

MY issue is similar to yours the only way i qan move apps to my ext3 is when i use the command "cachesdreset" and it moved every app to sd. I also installed a2sd gui and i get the same errors as you.

Yes, GUI will not work with CM10, however, a2sd works just fine via terminal emulator

Guest Rattonboy

Where are you getting the scripts from? The CM9 thread? That's what I tried last time and it did not work.

Mine are from the cm9 thread

Edited by Rattonboy

Guest plewis1981

Yes, GUI will not work with CM10, however, a2sd works just fine via terminal emulator

What commands do we need to use? As I quite new to TE.

And is it the a2sd script from CM9?

Edited by plewis1981

Guest cartwheelbob

What commands do we need to use? As I quite new to TE.

And is it the a2sd script from CM9?

Yes that script works fine as long as you parition your SD card with CWM.

Commands to use;

su

a2sd reinstall

a2sd cachesdreset (restarts handset)

you can check all is working ok by using a2sd check

other handy commands

a2sd repair

a2sd diskspace (shows partition disk space)

a2sd sysinfo

a2sd help (display a list of commands)

Guest plewis1981

Yes that script works fine as long as you parition your SD card with CWM.

Commands to use;

su

a2sd reinstall

a2sd cachesdreset (restarts handset)

you can check all is working ok by using a2sd check

other handy commands

a2sd repair

a2sd diskspace (shows partition disk space)

a2sd sysinfo

a2sd help (display a list of commands)

Thanks will give it a go.

Guest MadEye Moody

I don't think cachesdreset moves any app to sd-ext. It just moves (actually removes the original and on reboot is created in sd-ext) the dalvik cache.