[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT.. google play is not working for me ... any patch or update plz help

Google play works fine for everyone, who installs the ROM and gapps correctly. No patch or updates are needed, but you should read carefully the first page about the installation...

Try to wipe everything before install, then install ROM and gapps. It'll work.

Guest wookie16081965

Google play works fine for everyone, who installs the ROM and gapps correctly. No patch or updates are needed, but you should read carefully the first page about the installation...

Try to wipe everything before install, then install ROM and gapps. It'll work.

Google play working perfectly for me updates and everything just install correctly as described.

Maybe silently preparing a christmas gift in the background :ph34r:

I wish we could get Xmas gift from KonstaT.

Great work by KonstaT for Blade community. Only I feel sad about is that the last 24.11 JB CM10 ROM released is having issues with media decoding for everyone and WIFI issues for some. 16.11 JB CM10 ROM is very stable without any issues. New user who will visit this JB CM10 thread will download the 24.11 ROM and will be unhappy. First post of KonstaT should also provide link to 16.11 ROM + Youtube HQ fix, so that users will be aware.

everything gone ok :)

one thing..i cant find how to disable auto sync

Go to settings > system > notification drawer > widget buttons and choose 'toggle sync', then just toggle it like any other button :)

Guest Snap.IT

i have more than 60 internal free space but i cant install AdAway....any thought?

Open terminal emulator, type df, post results here.

What error do you get when you try to install AdAway from play store?

Guest Snap.IT

not enough space on the partition

try changing the target hosts file in preferences to/data/data/hosts

link

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81953643/Screenshot_2012-12-14-02-18-33.png

Well then you need to either uninstall apps to make space for it or use some app (like S2E or my data on loop) to make more space to install apps.

See how simple this is when you tell us your problem?

Now since you were courteous enough not to whine about it endlessly but actually explain it i'll be courteous enough to give you a proper solution.

You donwload S2E from market, then you open it and hit menu and in settings you choose mount ext4.

Reboot, move apps to sd-ext if you have it or create it if you don't.

If you don't then there are two ways, either you use your computer of you use one of "not mine" recoveries and you do not complain to me if it fails, i would go with the 5.5.0.4 version from Konstat, i carfully made mine so i wouldn't have any grievance over the later versions inability to do this properly.

Well anyways after you're done, move whatever you need to move using s2e.

Or you could just use my script and have any amount that your SD card would hold for both system and data and with a reasonable amount of cache and if i might suggest odexing it to take up a lot more space on disk but a lot less in memory that can be done just fine too by just using my script.

At this point in time my install of PA-2.6.0 runs faster (by a GREAT margin) as an odexed rom with odexed apps on a 500/1000 setup on a slow (class 4) sd card.

You can run as many as you'd like with my script, as long as your card will hold it, i imagine it would be even faster if you'd get a hold of a better flash drive.

goodmorning!thanks ill follow your guide...

but its strange for me..i downloaded only 6 apps facebook yahoo.whatsapp viber...nothing more and i transfer them to sd card...thats why i cannot understand

maybe if i use a largrer partition?like gen 2 200MB?

thanks again!

Guest HumaDroid

You can run as many as you'd like with my script, as long as your card will hold it, i imagine it would be even faster if you'd get a hold of a better flash drive.

I have a Class 10 16GB card in my blade. Would love to test your script.

If i knew where it is :P

Guest elrond_bs

I think the guide is good, I'll try it in few days. Multiboot is for advanced users anyway, not for beginners. Why do you need it? Do you understand what it means?

Well, this is a little ridiculous. I'm hardly the first person to experience Google Play issues, but here I really can't see where I went wrong. I downloaded the ROM file and the KonstaKANG jb gapps, put them on my SD and rebooted to recovery. My previous (now totally unusable for unknown reasons) ROM was an ancient June ICS build. In recovery, I formatted /system, factory reset, wiped cache and dalvik. I then flashed the ROM file, followed by the gapps. Everything works fine, apart from the fact that neither Gmail nor Play appear in the app drawer, neither are they accessible from anywhere else. I've tried side-loading Play, but that didn't work (constant FC), I'm guessing due to ROM compatibility issues. I've also tried a couple of different flashing orders, but can't think what else to do. Any help/ideas would be much appreciated.