[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sam tyler

These are system apps, normally they can't be uninstalled. Don't bother to check what size they are or how many times one is shown, it's a system thing, you don't need to know.

Google Now (Voice Search) works if you use the Voice Search icon from the app menu, not from the desktop widget (it's the only way they managed to make it work).

yes,voice search does work,did also noticed that in pico(text to speech out put )was missing( the voice inc speech synthesis ) easy answer was to install form play store.ROM is fine.thanks for the reply.

Guest alexepl

Hey guys, sorry to ask but I have a little problem here with the cm filemanager! I'm unable to copy/paste files, I'm not even able to see the option when I long press on a file. I tried using the selection option, but when I push on 'copie selected files' I get an error: 'unauthorised operation in the actual folder'. I tried root mode but that doesn't help.

Any idea's how to fix this? Thx!

Guest fatsozteblade

Hey guys, sorry to ask but I have a little problem here with the cm filemanager! I'm unable to copy/paste files, I'm not even able to see the option when I long press on a file. I tried using the selection option, but when I push on 'copie selected files' I get an error: 'unauthorised operation in the actual folder'. I tried root mode but that doesn't help.

Any idea's how to fix this? Thx!

Select the file or folder(s) you want to move. Then navigate to the place you want to move them. Then press the button in the bottom left corner (when you have your phone in portrait mode). Click move selection.

Guest -=Extreme=-ShamaN

Is there any plans to:

1. fix wrong high temperature data, when is in sleep/standby/screen off mode.

2. add undervolting-overvolting kernel support to CM 10.

or

How can I fix/add this to work these all by myselfs (in detailed steps, if you can)?

P.S.: Thanx for all you are doing for us developing your ROMs!

Still no fix for the headphones notification, problem?

I mean... when using headphones... the notification sound is inexistent, or too low on the headphones' speakers.

Notification sound comes out from the phone speaker.

Guest WiiSky70

Things that needs fix to 4.1 be a daily driver .

- Fix WiFi Tethering (Very Easy)

- Fix some media errors on 3rd Party apps

- Fix the headphones issue

Guest snakewhisper

Hey, i found a little bug with this rom, i don't know if its a problem regarding cm10.1 all togheter or the port.

I usually only use 2G network to save battery, changing to 3G only when i need it. What happens is that even tough i have 2G selected in the new toggle buttons, when i restart the phone, it allways starts the phone using a 3G connection and show the toggle button as 2G. I need to change it to 3G (even tough it's already using it) and then to 2G.

* Edit

Sorry this was regarding CM10.1, wrong thread :D

Edited by snakewhisper

Guest ilopez85

Can anyone compile new build with new WiFi theter patch (including WoW one) and working navbar size selection (don't work on 20130114)?

Thanks in advance.

Guest elrond_bs

Great work, daemond! :) Ganster tried to fix this, but was unsuccessful.

I hope KonstaT will make a new CM10 build with this fix and the Wifi tethering fix, because now he has very good reasons and CM10 is still more stable (less people have problems) than CM10.1.

Great work, daemond! :) Ganster tried to fix this, but was unsuccessful.

I hope KonstaT will make a new CM10 build with this fix and the Wifi tethering fix, because now he has very good reasons and CM10 is still more stable (less people have problems) than CM10.1.

definitely, CM10 has (almost) everything working and CM10.1 is just a baby, there aren't even any stable releases for any cellphone / device. Also, the audio routing issue and others might be CM10's problems. I don't know, but CM10 is currently the most stable for our trusted blades :P

Guest -=Extreme=-ShamaN

definitely, CM10 has (almost) everything working and CM10.1 is just a baby, there aren't even any stable releases for any cellphone / device. Also, the audio routing issue and others might be CM10's problems. I don't know, but CM10 is currently the most stable for our trusted blades :P

Everything is working? Well, how about these:

Is there any plans to:

or

How can I fix/add this to work these all by myselfs (in detailed steps, if you can)?

and these:

Anything else?

Edited by -=Extreme=-ShamaN

Everything is working? Well, how about these(..)

Anything else?

I'd be saying you're being quite a bitch, seeing that you're active in 3 posts.

If KonstaT doesn't want to support CM10 anymore and is moving on to CM10.X

wat?

why would you want undervolting (if it is even supported)? It'd make the blade even slower, which I think isn't what we're going for here.

1st - Use CM10.x or PA by zeelog :P

2nd - Talk with Ganster or daemond, they've done great work here. But don't go and bitch with them how about X doesn't work and Y isn't working quite properly.

3rd - There was a temporary solution here posted by someone, your work is to find it.

Edited by Guest

Guest elrond_bs

"Fix some media errors on 3rd Party apps" - you can't expect all apps to work on non supported Android version for this phone (and using hack to play H\W video).

I agree with 96frozen, most of those things are not important and are the result of other things working as hacks (it's inevitable). If they were easy to fix, without breaking something else, I'm sure they would have been fixed. You don't seem to realize that the Blade doesn't support even 4.0 at all, including as hardware (ARM6)! So it's a miracle that 4.x is so stable and everything is working so well (thanks to the long and hard work of the developers).

Can anyone please sum up what this "headphone issue" is all about?

it's an audio routing problem / bug. When headphones are plugged in, the notification sounds (alarms, push notifications, etc...) go through the speaker, not through the earplugs / headphones.

Ah, interesting. I am currently looking at another audio routing issue... SIP calls don't work because the audio library wants to select a wired headset as input. Even if nothing is plugged in... it's probably related.

Guest HarryPirate

Ah, interesting. I am currently looking at another audio routing issue... SIP calls don't work because the audio library wants to select a wired headset as input. Even if nothing is plugged in... it's probably related.

I've noticed the same issue. Have you looked in CM9 code?

The audio routing issue with notifications is easy to fix. It's actually a feature called "combo device", but for our usage I completely agree that it is not desirable. If you look at this, someone #define'd COMBO_DEVICE_SUPPORTED to 0, clearly with the intention of disabling it. Unfortunately, #ifdef does not work like that. ;)

SIP is also easy to fix. It uses the VOICE_COMMUNICATION audio source which is mapped to a special meta device in libhardware_legacy (some kind of proprietary Qualcomm crap again... sigh). I added the device to the AudioPolicy configuration and now it's working fine.

Here's the commit for both of these fixes.

Edited by Guest

The audio routing issue with notifications is easy to fix. It's actually a feature called "combo device", but for our usage I completely agree that it is not desirable. If you look at this, someone #define'd COMBO_DEVICE_SUPPORTED to 0, clearly with the intention of disabling it. Unfortunately, #ifdef does not work like that. ;)

SIP is also easy to fix. It uses the VOICE_COMMUNICATION audio source which is mapped to a special meta device in libhardware_legacy (some kind of proprietary Qualcomm crap again... sigh). I added the device to the AudioPolicy configuration and now it's working fine.

what was the sip issue anyway? thanks for the quick fixes :) adding this to my compiled ROM :P

Thanks Daemond.

Could you please take a look at unfinished work regarding FM radio functionality on CM9/CM10 from Konsta and Jventura at http://www.modaco.com/topic/355540-18122012-eco-cm9-aiming-for-stability-and-battery-efficiency/page__st__200#entry2077357 and see whether FM Radio App functionality can be added to our Blades on CM9/CM10/CM10.1 :) . FM Radio is now the only "Not Working" category for Blade on CM9/CM10/CM10.1.

Guest -=Extreme=-ShamaN

Am I correct: KonstaT no longer will support the CM10?

After all, the M10 is close to the ideal solution for ZTE Blade. And then suddenly it stops support ...

Because I and probably many others Blade owners not able to backport fixes in the latest firmware itselfs, if anyone has the ability to integrate the above mentioned fixes in the final ROM?