[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest MiniDemonic

Now it works - i try it seveal times yesterday, maybe a bug in network yesterday...

But i noticed, that automatic deactivation from WLAN in standby will kill it sometimes. I can not switch WLAN on or off again, a restart in necessary.

I have that error tree times.

I had that bug before aswell, don't know of any fix tho.

Guest alinek

tilal managed to have working camera on his JB for ZTE Skate! Is it possible to port it for our device Konstat?

Edited by alinek

Guest MiniDemonic

tilal managed to have working camera on his JB for ZTE Skate! Is it possible to port it for our device Konstat?

He will fix it when he can/wants to.

Guest shezar

He will fix it when he can/wants to.

Obviously. Tilal's speaky commit messages (E.g. Fix, Fixes, More fixes...) are really helpful here, by the way. :)

Guest tilal6991

Lol. Sorry about the commit messages. When I'm pushing a lot of stuff I run out of original commit messages. The fix is very simple - don't use the system camera app. Download LGcamera or CameraICS and install it.

Guest shezar

Lol. Sorry about the commit messages. When I'm pushing a lot of stuff I run out of original commit messages. The fix is very simple - don't use the system camera app. Download LGcamera or CameraICS and install it.

Lol, seriously? That's fun, so basically we could look up the changes between the ics and jb camera apps and make a compatible version?

When I make a git commit for my projects I usually describe what changes. E.g. removed this, added that, changed that and that... At least specify, what you fix in a commit. Nice catch though :)

Edit: CameraICS makes my phone reboot. LGCamera too. At least for now.

Edited by shezar

Guest tilal6991

Lol, seriously? That's fun, so basically we could look up the changes between the ics and jb camera apps and make a compatible version?

When I make a git commit for my projects I usually describe what changes. E.g. removed this, added that, changed that and that... At least specify, what you fix in a commit. Nice catch though :)

Edit: CameraICS makes my phone reboot. LGCamera too. At least for now.

Well it works for us on the Skate. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you guys. Do you have a logcat?

Guest shezar

Well it works for us on the Skate. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work for you guys. Do you have a logcat?

I'm on the 9.8 version, so maybe you changed something in those makefiles of yours. I removed the app immediatelly but I'm gonna make one just for you :) Be back in a minute.

Ok. Previously I had Gallery2 removed, that killed my phone. But now CameraICS and lgcam both are unable to connect to camera, just like the builtin app.

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/jbSX1ARd (camera stuff starts after line 971 or so)

Edited by shezar

Guest semenfun82

Its possible to make JB latinIME smaller or use latinIME from ICS build?Its too big :)

If it is possible, could you please give instructions. :)

CameraICS makes my phone reboot. LGCamera too. At least for now.

Same for me. Camera ICS just freeze phone, LGcamera sometimes run but show only app interface.

Guest kingpair

Its possible to make JB latinIME smaller or use latinIME from ICS build?Its too big :)

Rename LatinIME.apk as LatinIME.zip. Unzip the file, remove all the dictionaries you dont need. Close the modified zip file and rename it LatinIME.apk and you're golden.

is it possible to make FM Radio working on CM10?????

No, developers doesn't listen fm radio

can we mod status bar in CM10 like transparency, center clock, etc tec?

Of course, all what you want is in settings -> system

Guest KonstaT

@KonstaT

Any ideas why your patch doesn't work for me any more at PA?

simon@simon-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/paranoid_jb$ cd frameworks/native
simon@simon-HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC:~/paranoid_jb/frameworks/native$ git am *.patch
Applying: Add CFLAG USES_LEGACY_EGL
error: patch failed: opengl/include/GLES2/gl2ext.h:60
error: opengl/include/GLES2/gl2ext.h: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: opengl/libagl/state.cpp:230
error: opengl/libagl/state.cpp: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 Add CFLAG USES_LEGACY_EGL
When you have resolved this problem run "git am --resolved".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git am --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop patching run "git am --abort".
[/CODE]

The other two ones are working fine..

Paranoid android is using frameworks/native from cm so it should work. It hasn't been updated in a while and I haven't even needed to rebase the patch. You probably have it already applied, check 'git log'.

Just remove dictionaries that you don't need. ICS latinime wouldn't work.

Open LatinIME.apk in your favourite zip tool and remove res/raw/main_xx.dict for the languages that you don't need. Mine goes from 24.4mb to 1.5mb. ;)

can we mod status bar in CM10 like transparency, center clock, etc tec?

There's already a center clock option available in settings. I added statusbar transparency for my CM9 build, but I won't be adding it to this one. It looks ok on the home screen but it looks just plain awful with 90% of the apps (and also might cause some battery drain).

Guest HDuser

but it doesn't make sense that developers don't listen FM radio so they won't get it working :( many peoples listen radio to pale their time. Fm radio should be working, I request KonstaT to please making FM radio working.

Guest MiniDemonic

but it doesn't make sense that developers don't listen FM radio so they won't get it working :( many peoples listen radio to pale their time. Fm radio should be working, I request KonstaT to please making FM radio working.

It's open-source, fix it yourself if it is that important.

Guest Sparrow1

Looks like MMS sending and receiving is working. I had trouble with it in ColdFusionX and now switching between APNs works correctly, for me at least (Poland, Play Network).

Guest KonstaT

gen 3 working?

Yes, use the gen3 patch from my CM9 thread.

CM9/10 doesn't have FM radio, period. It will be added when/if it will be added. It's not on top of anyone's priority list because it works with third party app (spirit fm) on most platforms. We have quite unusual si4708 fm chip on our ZTE devices which doesn't help either.