[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest sej7278

So maybe have sense to wait a little and buy xiao m2 for 300$? I think that developers will like this phone. :)

developers will like a phone with AOSP support, i can't even find any info on that phone other than from some chinese wholesaler. where's the kernel source? where's the openmax and andreno binaries? does it have an unlocked bootloader? does it come sim unlocked? does it come without branding? does it come with market/play? when will it get a jellybean update?

so many cheap chinese android devices out there with no vendor support, no android license (i.e. no gapps) and no chance of upgrades.

developers will like a phone with AOSP support, i can't even find any info on that phone other than from some chinese wholesaler. where's the kernel source? where's the openmax and andreno binaries? does it have an unlocked bootloader? does it come sim unlocked? does it come without branding? does it come with market/play? when will it get a jellybean update?

That phone has a Quad Core Krait processor and comes with 4.1.1 default...

And did I tell you that it has MIUI as stock ROM lol?

Too bad it is only available in China...

http://www.gsmarena....i_mi_2-4928.php

http://www.xiaomi.com/mi2

http://www.gizchina....price-hands-on/

Edited by ZTR

Guest KonstaT

well i am wondering that my naibours wifi is showing in my phone but my laptop wifi hotspot isnt showing??

Because CM10 doesn't have ad-hoc support yet.

so many cheap chinese android devices out there with no vendor support, no android license (i.e. no gapps) and no chance of upgrades.

So everyone should just get a Nexus then (only devices with AOSP support)? Exellent if you are an app developer and need to get the latest android version as soon as it's available. Extremely boring if you are a ROM developer - everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

There's zero chance of anyone getting Mi-One/Mi-One S/Mi-Two so there's no point in speculating that. They are only sold in china and manufactured in "small" batches after certain amount of pre-orders. Their new revamped version of the original Mi-One, Mi-One S, just sold out with 200 000 copies in less than half an hour (it was in the news yesterday). Most interesting part of Xiaomi is of course the story of MIUI software house turning into a device manufacturer...

Guest HDuser

Because CM10 doesn't have ad-hoc support yet.

So everyone should just get a Nexus then (only devices with AOSP support)? Exellent if you are an app developer and need to get the latest android version as soon as it's available. Extremely boring if you are a ROM developer - everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

There's zero chance of anyone getting Mi-One/Mi-One S/Mi-Two so there's no point in speculating that. They are only sold in china and manufactured in "small" batches after certain amount of pre-orders. Their new revamped version of the original Mi-One, Mi-One S, just sold out with 200 000 copies in less than half an hour (it was in the news yesterday). Most interesting part of Xiaomi is of course the story of MIUI software house turning into a device manufacturer...

can you please ad hoc support ASAP coz it is very difficult to setup router every time i want to install a app through play store.Or is it possible that sharing LAN connection via bluetooth?

Edited by HDuser

Guest Snap.IT

can you please ad hoc support ASAP coz it is very difficult to setup router every time i want to install a app through play store.Or is it possible that sharing LAN connection via bluetooth?

First of all, if it was easy it would be there, it'll be there when it's ready.

Second, why would you need to setup a router EVERY time? Why not just leave it running?

Guest HDuser

First of all, if it was easy it would be there, it'll be there when it's ready.

Second, why would you need to setup a router EVERY time? Why not just leave it running?

because, I have LAN connection on router given by internet provider and i don't need to use wifi on computer as it gives me high pings so making my laptop hotspot using lan connection is most most easy for me and time saving and with this i can also use apps like Airdroid etc. Ad hoc should be fix at priority target.

Edited by HDuser

Guest thewild

Actually Nexus devices have been very good devices. Google is backing up Xperia S for AOSP, so maybe things are starting to change in the AOSP world.

Anyway, talking about nice budget devices, here in Belgium we can find LG Optimus Black ofr ~170€ which is quite nice. Upcoming Acer devices look very promising in the ~150€ range too.

Since the Skate, ZTE has not made an budget device as good as the Blade, so I believe they are looking towards the mid-end phones now and we (budget phone lovers) have to look elsewhere.

Guest squee666

because, I have LAN connection on router given by internet provider and i don't need to use wifi on computer as it gives me high pings so making my laptop hotspot using lan connection is most most easy for me and time saving and with this i can also use apps like Airdroid etc. Ad hoc should be fix at priority target.

Why don't you use connectify it will make you LAN connection into a wifi hotspots without adhoc. As in your laptop will function as an actual wireless router.

Guest TehStalker

I can connect via my laptop with Windows 7.

First, type "network connections" into the start menu, right click on your active connection (should be connection to local area network 1 or something), click properties, go to sharing, tick both boxes and choose to share via your wireless card. Then, run these two commands to set up a proper access point:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NETWORKNAME key=PASSWORD

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Guest Snap.IT

Humor me, i worked as a network administrator for the largest company in my nation for 16 years. Explain to me how a properly set up router gives you "high pings". In detail if you don't mind.

So you have your computer plugged and the wireless turned off, why not just keep the wireless on and still keep your computer plugged? The interface of connection won't matter regarding traffic and origination.

Routers don't ping "higher" in any such case and the ping traffic would be the same or most probably worse because any ad-hoc connection is a shitty one and it will try every possible alternative to anything within range whereas a router don't care unless you connect to it, its state remains the same during no connections, idle.

Guest TehStalker

Humor me, i worked as a network administrator for the largest company in my nation for 16 years. Explain to me how a properly set up router gives you "high pings". In detail if you don't mind.

So you have your computer plugged and the wireless turned off, why not just keep the wireless on and still keep your computer plugged? The interface of connection won't matter regarding traffic and origination.

Routers don't ping "higher" in any such case and the ping traffic would be the same or most probably worse because any ad-hoc connection is a shitty one and it will try every possible alternative to anything within range whereas a router don't care unless you connect to it, its state remains the same during no connections, idle.

Actually, some really bad routers will do exactly that. The Asus rt-n10 with stock firmware (I use Tomato) will have really bad WiFi performance, with dropped packets and random bursts of very high ping. However, as you said, a proper router with a proper config should not have any performance impact on the wifi assuming the signal strength is good. Nevertheless, it should be easy for squee666 to simply enable wireless and use his phone that way, any performance impact wouldn't be noticeable on the slow Blade anyway.

I wanted to know that can we get internet from laptop/PC. to blade via USB?like windows mobile.

Guest Snap.IT

Actually, some really bad routers will do exactly that. The Asus rt-n10 with stock firmware (I use Tomato) will have really bad WiFi performance, with dropped packets and random bursts of very high ping. However, as you said, a proper router with a proper config should not have any performance impact on the wifi assuming the signal strength is good. Nevertheless, it should be easy for squee666 to simply enable wireless and use his phone that way, any performance impact wouldn't be noticeable on the slow Blade anyway.

I'm going to keep this very short.

NO! to the inference that "some bad routers will do exactly that". NO router will do that, routers are NOT devices trying to connect to anything, they are devices that YOU connect TO. Ad Hoc connections work the other way around, they are actively waiting for connections and will scan adresses for connections at all times.

I'm not going to discuss this any further.

Guest Snap.IT

I wanted to know that can we get internet from laptop/PC. to blade via USB?like windows mobile.

Yes but it depends on your rom and even when it works it's a BAD solution, get a wireless router. The cheapest you can find will still be better than any ad hoc solution.

There are el cheapo USB routers as big as an overgrown thumbnail that will do the job much better.

I consider ad hoc solutions a VERY last resort, like if you're stranded on a deserted island and it's all you got then by all means use it, no one can survive without the internet but other than that, it's not a solution.

Guest HDuser

actually my connection speed isnt as fast as you have, my internet provider promise 1 MB but gives 100kb/s speed and in this speed i mostly get 250~300 pings during lan connection and i mostly get around 350-400 pings using wifi connection, if pings exceed 300 game starts to lag.

Guest HDuser

Yes but it depends on your rom and even when it works it's a BAD solution, get a wireless router. The cheapest you can find will still be better than any ad hoc solution.

There are el cheapo USB routers as big as an overgrown thumbnail that will do the job much better.

I consider ad hoc solutions a VERY last resort, like if you're stranded on a deserted island and it's all you got then by all means use it, no one can survive without the internet but other than that, it's not a solution.

Apologies me for my interaction but in my entire ad hoc experience i feel no change in performance of router and ad hoc but in fact i found ad hoc most fast and easy way to setup. I request KonstaT to also mention Ad hoc not working in not working list.

And another thing, can left hand/right hand function added to Cm10?

Guest Snap.IT

Apologies me for my interaction but in my entire ad hoc experience i feel no change in performance of router and ad hoc but in fact i found ad hoc most fast and easy way to setup. I request KonstaT to also mention Ad hoc not working in not working list.

Yeah, fair request, something that shouldn't work and doesn't work should be in the list of not working.

It doesn't work on stock roms, it doesn't work on custom roms but somehow it should still be mentioned that what doesn't work and shouldn't work doesn't work? How about requesting that you can't use it in place of a chair? Should that be on the list?

Guest Snap.IT

actually my connection speed isnt as fast as you have, my internet provider promise 1 MB but gives 100kb/s speed and in this speed i mostly get 250~300 pings during lan connection and i mostly get around 350-400 pings using wifi connection, if pings exceed 300 game starts to lag.

That is ALL NORMAL and doesn't affect performance at all.

pings are very very small packages and even thousands of them won't affect performance significantly.

Edited by Snap.IT

That is ALL NORMAL and doesn't affect performance at all.

pings are very very small packages and even thousands of them won't affect performance significantly.

but didnt he mention gaming

Guest TehStalker

I'm going to keep this very short.

NO! to the inference that "some bad routers will do exactly that". NO router will do that, routers are NOT devices trying to connect to anything, they are devices that YOU connect TO. Ad Hoc connections work the other way around, they are actively waiting for connections and will scan adresses for connections at all times.

I'm not going to discuss this any further.

You haven't used the Asus rt-n10 with stock firmware I see. It has bugs in its firmware that will cause abysmal performance. As simple as that. I never said anything about interference, I simply stated that crappy routers may have crappy performance.

Guest HDuser

There's a massive bug in switching horizontal and vertical. Some times it doesnt tilt screen on tilting phone and when it does it doesnt come back to straight state . This is a very wrose bug i think with launcher only? and second thing, in games like Angry birds there is white square type image right on the buttons, that should also fix.

Guest KonstaT

You should really do some reading on what CyanogenMod project is all about. What I'm trying to do here, is maintain a device tree that can be used to compile CM10 for ZTE Blade. This means that you can compile CM10 yourself and fix any issues that you come across. You can upload your fixes to CM gerrit where they are reviewed by other users. If a patch passes the code review it will get merged into CyanogenMod. Only after that it will find it's way into builds here. It can be quite long and sometimes slow process before a patch/fix/feature gets merged. I've added few nice extras to my builds but those are things that are already declined or would never get merged into CM. It really isn't the point of what I'm trying to do here.

Android doesn't have native ad-hoc support, period. Why should I list something non-working when it shouldn't work in the first place?