[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

It's this kernel hack. You happen to have OLED screen? It works fine on my TFT.

This also worked but it was later reverted. You might want to try if that works better for you.

yes mine's an OLED. i might have a play, although i think its more of a lockscreen problem than a CRT animation one as:

1. if you're on the lockscreen and then turn it off without unlocking (via power button or screensaver) it flashes the lockscreen after the CRT.

2. when you turn the regular unlocked screen off with the power button it goes to CRT without flashing the lockscreen.

3. when the screensaver kicks in (on an unlocked screen of course) it dims and then goes to CRT with no flickering lockscreen

Guest HumaDroid

what did you do to fix screen off animation - as mine shows the CRT but flashes the lockscreen afterwards.

It's this kernel hack. You happen to have OLED screen? It works fine on my TFT.

I have same problem. But mine is definitely a TFT. Any workarounds?

CRT off amimation works fine here. TFT Blade.

turn the screen off (press power button) you'll get the CRT working fine

turn the screen back on again (press power button) you're now at the lockscreen, don't unlock it.

turn the screen off again (press power button) do you see the CRT followed by a brief flash of the lockscreen?

this is the only time i see the problem i think.

Guest Lazaroid

CRT off amimation works fine here. TFT Blade.

I must be missing something here but where is the option to enable the CRT animation? I can't see it anywhere (and yes I have just upgraded the ROM!). I used to use it in previous ROMs and was happy to see that it had returned!

Coincidentally, I also see the brief flash of the screen if I press the power button to turn on, see the lock screen, and then press the power button again to turn it off (obviously without the animation enabled!). The same effect if I let the lock screen timeout.

turn the screen back on again (press power button) you're now at the lockscreen, don't unlock it.

turn the screen off again (press power button) do you see the CRT followed by a brief flash of the lockscreen?

Works just fine for me on the lockscreen too.

I must be missing something here but where is the option to enable the CRT animation? I can't see it anywhere (and yes I have just upgraded the ROM!). I used to use it in previous ROMs and was happy to see that it had returned!

There is no option to enable/disable it, it's enabled by default. Screen off/on animation settings haven't been ported to CM10 yet. If someone wants to get rid of it, you can adjust window animation scale under developer options.

Guest Lazaroid

There is no option to enable/disable it, it's enabled by default. Screen off/on animation settings haven't been ported to CM10 yet. If someone wants to get rid of it, you can adjust window animation scale under developer options.

Aha! I had all of the animation scale settings set to 0.5x and so didn't see it! Window animation set to 1x and it's back. :) I thought it'd be something silly like that!

Works just fine for me on the lockscreen too.

from logcat it seems that when the CRT kicks in from an already locked screen, LockPatternKeyguardView() gets called twice in succession:

I/Sensors (  366): mSensors[2]->enable(0, 0)

I/AKMD2   (  189): akmd2 : Compass Closed.

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  183): Routing audio to Speakerphone

V/TransportControlView(  366): Create TCV com.android.internal.widget.TransportControlView@41482bf0

D/SurfaceFlinger(  180): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0xfb88

D/dalvikvm(  366): GC_CONCURRENT freed 1618K, 37% free 9255K/14663K, paused 17ms+23ms, total 281ms

D/dalvikvm(  366): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 208ms

V/LockPatternKeyguardView(  366): Set visibility on com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView$5@40e3d568 to 8388608

V/LockPatternKeyguardView(  366): Set visibility on com.android.internal.policy.impl.LockPatternKeyguardView$5@40e3d568 to 8388608

from an unlocked screen a lot more goes on:

I/Sensors (  366): mSensors[2]->enable(0, 0)

I/AKMD2   (  189): akmd2 : Compass Closed.

V/TransportControlView(  366): Create TCV com.android.internal.widget.TransportControlView@41724a90

D/SurfaceFlinger(  180): About to give-up screen, flinger = 0xfb88

V/KeyguardViewManager(  366): KGVM: Set visibility on com.android.internal.policy.impl.KeyguardViewManager$KeyguardViewHost@4111ddb8 to 6291456

I/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  183): Routing audio to Speakerphone

D/dalvikvm(  366): GC_CONCURRENT freed 2448K, 39% free 9033K/14663K, paused 12ms+27ms, total 407ms

D/dalvikvm(  366): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 197ms

D/dalvikvm(  366): WAIT_FOR_CONCURRENT_GC blocked 191ms

D/PhoneStatusBar(  437): disable: < expand icons alerts ticker system_info back home RECENT* clock >

I/Choreographer(  366): Skipped 53 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.

D/PhoneStatusBar(  437): disable: < expand icons alerts ticker system_info BACK* HOME* RECENT CLOCK* >

D/memalloc(  180): /dev/pmem: Allocated buffer base:0x418e4000 size:1474560 offset:1536000 fd:57

D/memalloc(  366): /dev/pmem: Mapped buffer base:0x56e28000 size:3010560 offset:1536000 fd:124

Guest squee666
Is it more responsive than CM9/Android 4.0 version?

I'm asking about freezes/slowdowns, not animation smoothness.

Just installed this it is a noticeable improvement from cm9.

Running at 672mhz see that konstat set min to 245 as default Like I did for cm9..

Using atom launcher, go launcher seems to be less smooth, may try Nova launcher.

Anyone recommend a good app killer. The golauncher inbuilt one was good.

Konstat does that link to edited adreno libs and such that force complete gpu rendering help at all.

Its on xda front page

Also loving this rom, noticed no statusbar transparency does it not work? Or just not implemented yet.

New build...

...System size with ROM and gapps from the first post is around 160mb (I'm not sure if it's just over or under). Could be a bit tight with 160mb system partition again.

Could someone please post the exact size? My Blade has a 160mb system partition and I'm not sure what will happen, if I try to install a ROM that is too big...

Thank you very much for the great ROM, Konstat. I have been using it for some days now on my OLED-Blade and it was mostly stable.

Had a reboot this morning when the alarm went off and the camera always shows a white image as preview. Battery life is somewhat shorter than with the CM7.1 I had running before, but it is still ok.

Please keep up the great work. I'm sure this will become the best ROM for our ageing Blades.

Am I doing it wrong? I install the gapps but don't get the play store app/ talk app only the mail and calendar... Should it be like that? I see that you guys are using apps, so I assume that your play store app is working... If so, could you send me the version/link to the download which you use?... I only get an server error each time I trie to connect...

I tried to correct this by deleting my account and adding it again, also tried a new account...tried to format everything and make a bigger sd card partition, tried to turn sync off, tried to format the browsers and the p.stores cache and then reboot, tried to force stop them and then did a reboot... nothing helped

And : if I install the rom and after the gapps, I don't have the search app, but if I after this without any format/wipe install the rom again I got the search... is this only me or?

Actually the rom is great and I don't want to downgrade... the only thing I miss is the apps and the play store... which are somehow essential for android :/

Am I doing it wrong? I install the gapps but don't get the play store app/ talk app only the mail and calendar... Should it be like that? I see that you guys are using apps, so I assume that your play store app is working... If so, could you send me the version/link to the download which you use?... I only get an server error each time I trie to connect...

I tried to correct this by deleting my account and adding it again, also tried a new account...tried to format everything and make a bigger sd card partition, tried to turn sync off, tried to format the browsers and the p.stores cache and then reboot, tried to force stop them and then did a reboot... nothing helped

And : if I install the rom and after the gapps, I don't have the search app, but if I after this without any format/wipe install the rom again I got the search... is this only me or?

Actually the rom is great and I don't want to downgrade... the only thing I miss is the apps and the play store... which are somehow essential for android :/

How big is your system size? :rolleyes:

I can't seem to manage to update the builds. Every time I try to do an update it messes up the ROM and even if it boots I only get a black screen and a fc if I try to open settings. For me it only works with clean installs on every update that it is released. Any ideas?

Guest dockhouse

same here...

Guest HCoimbra

hi there. nice work with this rom! i have a problem, the ringtone plays good, louder and works fine, but notifications and message tone, only plays low.. the sound is too lowered.. even if i put all in maximum sound.. notifications and message always ring lower... can anyone help please?