[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Moonvalley11

Thanks - OK have that working now. Misunderstood it's purpose - won't mess about with all that.

What's the best way to move all my apps to EXT partition as I had previously in SSRLS7 ?? Thanks

I repeat, moving apps to the EXT partition is not the same as moving apps to SD!

Moving the apps to the SD can be done without having an EXT partition.

You'll notice that the whole application can never be moved to SD, it'll still occupy some space in the phone memory.

Also, some applications can't be moved at all.

What S2E does is that it utilizes a EXT partition on the SD card, and uses it as extended phone memory.

So what you're really doing is getting more phone memory.

If you want to move all the applications to EXT,

Just go to S2E, and check the Applications option.

Make sure your EXT partition is big enough to hold the size that's shown there, or the options will be greyed out.

I havent used SSRLS7, so cant really tell how you moved the apps before, but S2E is an all-or-nothing thing, you can either choose to move all your apps( that can be moved) to the EXT or none of the apps. you CANNOT select individual apps to move. I'm guessing that answered your question :)

Hi,

I'm activating S2E for the first time... I have 3 quick questions about it :

- I see this post recommends to check boxes for applications and private app. Does it mean it's not recommended to move application data to SD ?

- Will it move ALL applications to SD (including widgets...) without causing any issue ?

- Is it reversible ?

Thanks

1. You can move the application data, but that defeats the purpose of having the app data on the phone, i.e, faster access and lesser lag. If you can live with it, then move it by all means, It'll give you a larger chunk of free space.

2. Read above for clarification on what S2E does. No issues whatsoever, you wont even come to know that the apps are not on the phone. :) Just a word of caution, always have a EXT partition that's big enough to accommodate all your apps.

3. Yes, its completely reversible, but why would you want to revert back? :P Just in case, take a nandroid backup. And remember, the first reboot may take a long time after moving the apps.

Guest jonmac73

I repeat, moving apps to the EXT partition is not the same as moving apps to SD!

Moving the apps to the SD can be done without having an EXT partition.

You'll notice that the whole application can never be moved to SD, it'll still occupy some space in the phone memory.

Also, some applications can't be moved at all.

What S2E does is that it utilizes a EXT partition on the SD card, and uses it as extended phone memory.

So what you're really doing is getting more phone memory.

If you want to move all the applications to EXT,

Just go to S2E, and check the Applications option.

Make sure your EXT partition is big enough to hold the size that's shown there, or the options will be greyed out.

I havent used SSRLS7, so cant really tell how you moved the apps before, but S2E is an all-or-nothing thing, you can either choose to move all your apps( that can be moved) to the EXT or none of the apps. you CANNOT select individual apps to move. I'm guessing that answered your question

OK thanks - me being numpty.

In SSRLS7 i used Link2SD which used EXT partition on SD card and all new apps were installed there automatically instead of manage apps, move to SD card manually.

That is what I was trying to replicate, but see it can be done in S2E - just a different way.

Thanks.

Edited by jonmac73

Guest raizor6th

hi, i think i got an unusual problem here with the latest release, i cannot connect to internet when using vpn while in cm10 20120839 and cm9 my vpn works fine. anyone got the same problem here or it is just me? or could anyone tell me what really is the problem with my phone. thanks.

tried it again just a while ago to make sure that i couldn't really connect and still i couldn't connect to the internet using vpn I'm on cm9 now and aa usual im connected to the internet using vpn.

it really is something to do with the latest rrealeased.

Edited by raizor6th

Guest fileek

in this rom any news about camera rec???

no rec at all !!!

Mine works, but only 320x240 at 15fps which sucks. But thats like gingerbread, there is 640x480 @ 10fps or 320x240 @ 15fps. The camera on Blade isnt really great as you can see.

Just a little question, do you think that Google now will work on our blades?

Guest merc1800k

where can i change 320x240 or 640x480 10 or 15 fps???

at cm9 konsta rom camera work fine !!

Mine works, but only 320x240 at 15fps which sucks. But thats like gingerbread, there is 640x480 @ 10fps or 320x240 @ 15fps. The camera on Blade isnt really great as you can see.

Edited by merc1800k

Guest fileek

where can i change 320x240 or 640x480 10 or 15 fps???

at cm9 konsta rom camera work fine !!

You cannot change it (just the resolution). 640x480 on CM10 isnt working yet. If you want the best you can get from blades camera, you'll have to return to gingerbread.

Guest cowscrubber

Doesn't it already work? I don't live in the US so I don't get as much content, but the Google app gives me weather. I haven't tried the voice feature yet, though.

Edited by cowscrubber

Guest Moonvalley11

I think you meant 320X240 ~1fps :P coz KonstaT just got the camcorder to work and I'm pretty sure its 1fps, 15fps would've been great. :D

And Google Now works already!

This rom works with how many FPS?

What exactly do you mean? The camera framerate? 1fps, as of now..

Edited by Moonvalley11

Guest neoonwheels

I have the 9/15 version of this ROM and google now (Void commands) does not work. Any idea which version of ROM has this piece working?

Guest raizor6th

hi konstaT wish you would check the vpn for the latest released, i really love the latest rom only vpn doesn't work :( the rest is really great and i can live without camcorder thanks.

Guest jonmac73

Have recently installed - first few days seemed great. Couple of times now have had battery discharge fully within approx. 1 hr with me doing nothing on the phone.

Also charging seems to take an age, and 1 time showed 70-something percentage charged after being on charge all night !

Yes it was plugged in properly (and still showing charging) and same charger I have always used.

Any ideas ?

Guest herzblutnord

I have the 9/15 version of this ROM and google now (Void commands) does not work. Any idea which version of ROM has this piece working?

none of them, googne now intern voice search requires armv7, use the external app "Voice Search"

Guest The Guvnor

Have recently installed - first few days seemed great. Couple of times now have had battery discharge fully within approx. 1 hr with me doing nothing on the phone.

Also charging seems to take an age, and 1 time showed 70-something percentage charged after being on charge all night !

Yes it was plugged in properly (and still showing charging) and same charger I have always used.

Any ideas ?

Sounds like your Battery Stats are messed up. Which does happen when flashing ROM's.

Download 'Battery Calibration' from the STORE. Its free, just follow the instructions. Easy.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nema.batterycalibration&hl=en

Hope it helps.

Sounds like your Battery Stats are messed up. Which does happen when flashing ROM's.

Download 'Battery Calibration' from the STORE. Its free, just follow the instructions. Easy.

https://play.google....libration&hl=en

Hope it helps.

Battery stats are a myth. It's been a few months now that this piece of news has popped out - where have you been all this time ? :D

Well, that's what I read on the forum, actually :D

Edited by Guest

I'm running 27/9 version and trying to tether via WiFi using external app (WiFi tether 4 root users - as recommended in the head post). The app starts, but says that it has errors. The log displays only the first step (Loading WiFi driver) to be 'done'. The following steps are marked 'Failed': Activating WiFi int, Setting AdHoc mode, Setting essid, Setting channel, Activating encrypt., Enabling NAT rules. So the tethering fails. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Guest sej7278

Battery stats are a myth. It's been a few months now that this piece of news has popped out - where have you been all this time ?

Well, that's what I read on the forum, actually

even google said battery stats are bullshit. and if the phone runs out completely how are stats going make any difference, 0 is always 0.

if the battery is discharging within an hour either the battery is knackered or something with a wakelock is syncing over 3g or keeping the screen/gps/wifi on or something - google maps maybe?

Edited by sej7278

Guest jimwormold

Hi

I'm running the 15/9 build and it is fantastic (as I'm sure I've said before). However, I've done something stupid, and it's annoying me. Hopefully someone can help.

Google voice search, and voice dictation (eg from the android keyboard) don't work. I get an error such as "I didn't catch that. Repeat" instantly. I remember early on that whenever I wanted to perform a voice search, I got a pop up asking which app to use - from memory I think there were a couple of "Google Voice" apps and one with a funny name. The one with the funny name worked IIRC. I presume that I must, at some point, have selected one of the others, and clicked always (ie selected it as default).

I've looked through all the related apps to clear any defaults, but none have any selected.

Does anyone know how to fix this, either by clearing the defaults on the correct app, or otherwise? I miss being able to reply to texts by speaking.

NB I've seen lots of suggestions regarding a similar issue to this being solved by downloading "Google Voice" but if I do so, it says that it is already installed.

Many thanks,

Jim