[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest abarthman

Still getting occasional issue where it takes a long time for wifi to turn on after a reboot. Never had this issue previously. Have tried clean reinstall, but it's still happening.

Other than that, this is the best ROM to date.

Guest sej7278

does anyone know how you get the zoom feature to work in the 4.2 camcorder - there seems to be a 1.0x circle that appears on the screen if you make a zoom gesture, but then it seems to hang the camera app. possibly our blades can't handle zooming in a video?

Guest Ganster

For get Home button working try to format /system before installing ROM. May be that command missing in new install script. When I do first update to ICS from CM7, I was got same issue.

And about zoom:

Our camera haven't this feature. Zoon working only in stock ROMs(and may be in some 3rd-party apps), and implemented as software interpolation. So i think, in any case, implementing it hasn't sense.

For get Home button working try to format /system before installing ROM. May be that command missing in new install script. When I do first update to ICS from CM7, I was got same issue.

And about zoom:

Our camera haven't this feature. Zoon working only in stock ROMs(and may be in some 3rd-party apps), and implemented as software interpolation. So i think, in any case, implementing it hasn't sense.

Plus the zoom is not optical*, it's software so... You can zoom your pictures at your computer...

*fixed

Edited by Guest

i installed this rom on my blade and my network freezes every time i use 2G/3G data,and i need to reboot the phone every time the network freezes, there's no incoming and outgoing call..anyone please solve my problem.

Guest Sulthekk

Plus the zoom is not digital, it's software so... You can zoom your pictures at your computer...

Digital zoom is actually software zoom. B-)

The only real (hardware) zoom is optical zoom.

Guest ..Abel..

does anyone know how you get the zoom feature to work in the 4.2 camcorder - there seems to be a 1.0x circle that appears on the screen if you make a zoom gesture, but then it seems to hang the camera app. possibly our blades can't handle zooming in a video?

works for me 2.0x

Guest Ganster
I also have a question for you Ganster, why don't you like project butter on jb and why was it keeping you from porting your omx bypass?

When I trying CM10 old ports, it freezes sometimes, and gives some ugly graphic artifacts. May be I'll try new builds later...

And my OMX patch already ported to CM10 by XDA users without my help. :)

Ganster what about bugs on some youtube hq videos?

Ask it to Qualcomm. I was do all what I can understand without their help. And most videos with green line in HQ still plays OK in LQ ;)

Me too. wi-fi is not working at all. It's stuck at Switching on wi-fi.

After re-flashing 18.11 three times and having the same issue with wi-fi, I went back to 16.11 with the HQ patch flashed manually.

Guest Ganster

Installed this ROM... Yes, Wi-Fi starts veeery long time.

But videos plays ok. In Youtube, and external apps(MX Player too). If you have problems with MX Player, disable "HW decoder+". It doesn't work on our devices.

And interface are slow :(

But videos plays ok. In Youtube, and external apps(MX Player too). If you have problems with MX Player, disable "HW decoder+". It doesn't work on our devices.

can you give a link with a example-video that works on MX-Player with HW decoding?

Guest Cata_Simi

hq or sd (youtube especially)?

Guest robreid

Many many thanks for all your work in getting this ROM so stable on our blades, I'm now using it as an every day ROM and it's nigh on perfect.

It seems to be a lot smoother than ICS too and it's just generally freakin awesome.

I have a couple of questions:

I'm currently using Link2SD to allow me to have all the apps I need without /data filling up; is this the best way to do this or is another way (S2E or something like that) better? I don't really know much about these apps or how they differ.

Also I was wondering if a patch like the one you applied to CM9 to stop the connection and wifi drops could be applied here to CM10 because it worked perfectly on CM9 and I'm getting connection drops again with this ROM.

Thanks again, it's amazing.

Guest misterc2k5

I also get the WiFi switching on issue after rebooting in the latest ROM. It can take a minute or two to 'switch on' and connect. Once it is connected it seems to be fine.

Also, I would like to say once again a big thanks to everyone involved with this ROM, it really is some amazing work you have done!

Guest Ganster
It seems to be a lot smoother than ICS too and it's just generally freakin awesome.

Where? I see it not first, but don't understand, where you see "smoother than ICS".

ICS with correct composing seetings are VERY fast. CM10 are laggy after it.

If we correctly enable mdp composition in CM10, than it be fast. But if I try to enable it, parts of picture are messed up :( Why? On LG GT540 mdp composition works correct...

https://dl.dropbox.c...– Bangarang.mp4

This is 360p video from YouTube. Same quality as youtube gives in HQ mode.

800x480 videos plays too...

OK, this vid works well with HW decoder!

Does it depend on the resolution if it could be played in HW or SW only? Because I use streams from an austrian-TV-page (tvthek.orf.at) and they provide mp4 streams that cause an error in Google Media Player and they force MX Player to use SW decoding (but they worked with Android 2.X, but I'll never go back to that ;) )

Edited by emc02

Jellybean with Nova Launcher and SmartassV2, I/O scheduler noop is pretty fast and responsive... Go to the developers settings and tweak whatever you want to your likings of performance :D