[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

I reflashed the latest update after experiencing that earphone malfunctioning, and this time its fixed! Thanks for the great work KonstaT!

yeah, to give some feedback on KonstaT. Did you commit anything for sound? Cause it's working wonders right now, could you implement an icon for when the earplugs are plugged in (like in GB)?

Guest thanos3xd

Besides the Wi-Fi problem (low signal and instable connection) i still have another problem.

Many times after the reboot, doesn´t appear the screen to unlock pattern. It only apears the wallpaper without anything. I must reboot the phone many times until i can unlock the phone.

You can unlock it normaly!! Just unlock it like you see the unlock button and it will be fine!!

Thanks KonstaT for providing 27.12 Stable CM10 ROM. All the previous issues present in 24.11 ROM regarding Camera and media playback are gone. YouTube HQ working without any issues. I never had WIFI problem with previous CM10 ROMS, which others have mentioned. Even no WIFI issues with this ROM as well.

I have not tried new USB tethering support in this ROM. But WIFI tethering with external app you have mentioned works like charm.

Almost perfect Jelly Bean ROM for our Blade. Now only thing, which I am dreaming is about FM Radio support in CM10 or CM10.1 ROM for our Blade in near future. :)

Edited by anantk

Hi! I've flashed the 10.27 version. Its working fine, but its a little bit slow for me. If i press menu, or one of the widgets it takes 0,5-2 sec to get into. Internet (play, browser), program process is slow, but working without fc. Will be faster later?

Thx from Hungary

Guest mrz_hun

This is the first JB ROM (or CM even) I have installed (I was still using Swedish Spring).

So far I think it's great.

The battery usage seems to be a bit worse than SS, but I might still have to adjust some stuff to have the final word on this.

Some things I noticed:

- Google Voice Search doesn't seem to work: no force close or anything, just doesn't wait for me to speak. (I have version 2.1.4 installed, not 3.x.) It seems this is a known issue relating to armv6?

DB Browswer doesn't seem to see the contents of settings.db. I used to set wifi_idle_ms to around 3 minutes manually (which is less than the minimum 5 allowed by the UI).

Great work.

Edited by mrz_hun

Guest mrz_hun

I'm noticing that Android OS generates LOTS of background network traffic. 2 full days, and it's around 235 Mb.

Anyone also experiencing this?

I can't seem to figure out what exactly is causing this.

Guest Mihai Enea

I'm noticing that Android OS generates LOTS of background network traffic. 2 full days, and it's around 235 Mb.

1. Disable Google Now

2. Disable background data from Data Usage > settings

Guest nokiafan02

Disable Backing up of data in Settings>Backup & Restore.

Guest mrz_hun

Disable Backing up of data in Settings>Backup & Restore.

That's exactly what I did about 9 hours ago, and it seems to have solved this issue.

I also disabled Google Now.

Thanks!

Guest chapmans35

This is the first JB ROM (or CM even) I have installed (I was still using Swedish Spring).

So far I think it's great.

The battery usage seems to be a bit worse than SS, but I might still have to adjust some stuff to have the final word on this.

Some things I noticed:

- Google Voice Search doesn't seem to work: no force close or anything, just doesn't wait for me to speak. (I have version 2.1.4 installed, not 3.x.) It seems this is a known issue relating to armv6?

DB Browswer doesn't seem to see the contents of settings.db. I used to set wifi_idle_ms to around 3 minutes manually (which is less than the minimum 5 allowed by the UI).

Great work.

Great ROM, but I also noted that I was unable to play some of my MP3s as ringtones, but can play them via media player. Even moving them to the system/media/audio folder.Any thoughts? Reverted back to SS rls7 mean time

Guest mrz_hun

You should have checked Settings->Data usage, before asking. If you don't configure your phone, Android and all apps will use as much data as they want.

Unfortunately it only said "Android OS" was using lots of data, so I couldn't tell what component it was. The other apps it displayed showed reasonable numbers.

I set most of my apps to sync manually, and I did check those.

The culprit was the Backup / Restore feature, which I still don't know why it did this.

since updating from the previous cm10 to newest my blade isn't recognising usb to pc so can't copy stuff across, i guess it just needs a full wipe and reinstall but just wanted to check theres not some setting i've looked over that anyone knows of?

and thanks Konstat for such an amazing rom to liven up the ageing blade :)

Guest nokiafan02

Great ROM, but I also noted that I was unable to play some of my MP3s as ringtones, but can play them via media player. Even moving them to the system/media/audio folder.Any thoughts? Reverted back to SS rls7 mean time

I think I solved this before. Try renaming the file name: file.mp3 to file.ogg then copy/paste it to system/media/audio folder. I think you may also copy it to sdcard/media/audio folder and it automatically adds up to the list.

Guest nokiafan02

Unfortunately it only said "Android OS" was using lots of data, so I couldn't tell what component it was. The other apps it displayed showed reasonable numbers.

I set most of my apps to sync manually, and I did check those.

The culprit was the Backup / Restore feature, which I still don't know why it did this.

The restore & backup feature is native to android. If you enable this, it syncs all the apps and data on your phone, including system data, contacts and messages ( I think), then, in case you switch to another android device (or reflashed a rom), then logged in to your google account, it will automatically restore everything, (if internet connection is available) so all your apps are back. This feature is pretty useful for occasional flashing, though not that savvy.

Guest chapmans35

I think I solved this before. Try renaming the file name: file.mp3 to file.ogg then copy/paste it to system/media/audio folder. I think you may also copy it to sdcard/media/audio folder and it automatically adds up to the list.

Will give that a try. Thanks

Guest KonstaT

Congrats on getting recognized on XDA Developers and XDA Developers TV :)

Check the video out on youtube/xdadevelopers

Thanks for the heads up. :) I would have never noticed it otherwise.

That was actually very nice piece, much nicer than the previous one. :D

since updating from the previous cm10 to newest my blade isn't recognising usb to pc so can't copy stuff across, i guess it just needs a full wipe and reinstall but just wanted to check theres not some setting i've looked over that anyone knows of?

So your PC isn't recognizing the device or you don't even get the Android's usb storage dialog? You are using windows, right?

USB gadget driver was changed in the previous release. I tested it with linux and win7 and it works fine for me. Windows did install new drivers when I plugged it in for the first time so I guess you need to install/re-install new drivers to your PC.