[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

i dont know if thr is any advantages of s2e over link2sd.

But I too had problems with s2e. So i started using link2sd and its been working without any problems.

thanks link2sd works so i'll just use that

Guest portysch

Please could you help me. On my device with this installed doesn't work voice input. I mean that writing sms by voice and those, voice search. And I have working internet conection so that is not the problem. It say "We didn't understand".

Guest Jenik 38

Please could you help me. On my device with this installed doesn't work voice input. I mean that writing sms by voice and those, voice search. And I have working internet conection so that is not the problem. It say "We didn't understand".

Hi,

you will install : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch.x&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC52b2ljZXNlYXJjaC54Il0.

Google voice search.

Jan

hi guys, my brain is fulfilled wit other things so please gimme a quick help please!

It is still the 20121124 rom on the device. What is the fastest way to flash with the 20130108 keeping apps and call&sms logs?

Google backup&restore? Cw recovery backup&restore?

...or the old way I did before:

there is a call log backup&restore app I used>backup + format all as usual + flash the rom&gapps + go for market and find&reinstall my ex apps + call log backup&restore app>restore?

Thank you!

Sorry for the blaming off :blush:

Hey KonstaT, and everyone else: I have WiFi tethering working!

This required changes to both netd and the blade device tree. Here's my netd repo, the last two commits are required. Here's my device repo, the last commit is required.

It seems to run quite stable. I am using it right now to post this, and have been using it for the last 30 minutes with two clients connected.

Edit: ready to install build with WiFi tethering, please test

Edited by Guest

This required changes to both netd and the blade device tree. Here's my netd repo, the last two commits are required. Here's my device repo, the last commit is required.

It seems to run quite stable. I am using it right now to post this, and have been using it for the last 30 minutes with two clients connected.

Nice, we've got progress :D

Guest xlcazale

Hello Konsta and thanks a lot for bringing some more updates !

I thought we were done and did not pop in to check for quite some time. Nice surprise...

I will try the latest ROM when I get home but I do have a question I meant to ask regarding the google now feature:

As google keeps addiding new 'cards', will we see them appear or would that require a gapps package or ROM update ?

google now did tell me that there was a new version but when I went to the play store, I was told it was not compatible with my ZTE Blade device.

Am I missing something ? Any workaround ?

A second question if I may:

In CM9, I used to control the music player with headset clicks (short click = next, long click = previous). Now in CM10 it seems long click is used for something else. Any chance this could be fixed/modified some way ? All the headset control apps I tried have the same difficulty picking up double clicks (tried all kinds of speed settings) hence my preference for the 'long click'.

Someone proposed the solution below (modifying some settings to make the 'centre' button appear as a 'right' button in a nutshell):

http://www.reddit.co...adset_controls/

I did try it but not all the files were the same on our blade and I almost messed up my phone with no buttons working so ended up having to flash a backup from recovery.

Anyway, the idea sounded nice but not straightforward for me to apply so If someone manages to make it work, I am highly interested (or any other suggestion to control music with headset button...)

thanks

Sorry for the long post...

Xavier

Guest elrond_bs

There is no new version of Google Now for ARM6 (our processor), you are not missing anything. You can't use official version, because it is ARM7 only. ARM6 version was created by other devs, not KonstaT, and it looks like it won't be updated anymore.

Edited by elrond_bs

I installed the latest release some days ago and now I suddenly noticed that my camera app has disappeared (I had it in the beginning, as I'm quite certain I tried it). Should I just reinstall the ROM (and loose my settings :-( ) or does anybody have any other tips? Maybe I missed something...

I installed the latest release some days ago and now I suddenly noticed that my camera app has disappeared (I had it in the beginning, as I'm quite certain I tried it). Should I just reinstall the ROM (and loose my settings :-( ) or does anybody have any other tips? Maybe I missed something...

Have you disabled or removed gallery?

Guest sam tyler

i hope i don`t get my head bitten off,but does voice search work on this ROM?(i`m using 10-20121227 version)i`ve tried to look through all the posts but its starting to look like the bible! was it ever meant to work on this ROM as i can`t un install via play and on apps its showing voice search twice,one is 2.55mb and the other is 364kb any help out there? it may have been answered sometime ago,but i would like to know if does work.thanks.

Guest GizmoTheGreen

appears to work nicely, thanks for sharing! :)

Guest elrond_bs

i hope i don`t get my head bitten off,but does voice search work on this ROM?(i`m using 10-20121227 version)i`ve tried to look through all the posts but its starting to look like the bible! was it ever meant to work on this ROM as i can`t un install via play and on apps its showing voice search twice,one is 2.55mb and the other is 364kb any help out there? it may have been answered sometime ago,but i would like to know if does work.thanks.

These are system apps, normally they can't be uninstalled. Don't bother to check what size they are or how many times one is shown, it's a system thing, you don't need to know.

Google Now (Voice Search) works if you use the Voice Search icon from the app menu, not from the desktop widget (it's the only way they managed to make it work).

Have you disabled or removed gallery?

How did you know that. :-)

Restored my backup of gallery and suddenly the camera was back... Many thanks, since when did the camera be part of the gallery app?

Decided to try this ROM last night and I'm having a problem.

I bought Winamp PRO license and looks like Market doesn't recognize that anymore.

Is there something I can do to fix that? or it is a problem with Market (google play store)?

It worked fine on other ROMs I tested... including Konstat 4.2.1

Guest jastonas

After a fresh clean install with system/data/cache wipe and with a tpt partition of 279mb for data, I only get 150 mb free!

What's taking up all my space??

Any ideas?

Excellent. May be you should post this "News" in KonstaT's CM10.1 ROM thread, so that he will be able to pick it up for next CM10.1 ROM version.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks. :) Seems to work fine in CM10.1 after some modifications.

Guest jastonas

You are sure Google didn't restore your apps with Google Backup? Do you use ext on SD card? Try wiping and installing again.

Sure 100%. This time I didn't even connect to wifi/data or any google account.

It's a really pure and clean installation what you see.

Guest elrond_bs

Don't post 2 consecutive posts, use Edit.

Dalvik cache is a normal system function. I already told you - try wiping and installing again. Also you could check which app is taking too much space - System->Apps. I'm not sure if this isn't a normal situation, because I use modified version of this ROM with less apps.

Edited by elrond_bs