[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest JobSup

I ported the lastest version of CFX2 to my blade and the camera seems to work fine.

Interesting thing was that I was using one of the July builds during my vacation where the camera for the blade was not working. But in Navigon, RealityView (which is using the camera) was working. Stock camera app didn't work though, but still I was a little surprised. Maybe one of the third party camera apps works?

Guest Kerberos84

Interesting thing was that I was using one of the July builds during my vacation where the camera for the blade was not working. But in Navigon, RealityView (which is using the camera) was working. Stock camera app didn't work though, but still I was a little surprised. Maybe one of the third party camera apps works?

Instagram doesn't work, Facebook gives one image and freezes (which is hopefull!!!!!), will try some more camera's

edit: big button camera doesn't work (uses normal camera app i think), CameraMX doesn't either

Edited by Kerberos84

Guest KonstaT

Instagram doesn't work, Facebook gives one image and freezes (which is hopefull!!!!!), will try some more camera's

edit: big button camera doesn't work (uses normal camera app i think), CameraMX doesn't either

Don't waste your time on testing different camera apps. It needs a compile time flag to work. I have those ICS camera apps working now. Even jelly bean camera app works sometimes (without a preview though). :)

I saw the news on http://www.androidpo...ly-right-video/.

My best guess is that the animation has been uploaded to the Cyanogenmod 10 repo on github.

EDIT: http://review.cyanog....com/#/c/21799/

Works fine. Much better than any of the previous cm bootanimations imo. Might even include it in my builds (at least once ;)).

Works fine. Much better than any of the previous cm bootanimations imo. Might even include it in my builds (at least once ;)).

Waiting to see the next release then :)

Thank you again for the incredible work!

Guest JobSup

Don't waste your time on testing different camera apps. It needs a compile time flag to work. I have those ICS camera apps working now. Even jelly bean camera app works sometimes (without a preview though). :)

What I meant was, that the Navigon ReaityView was working in the July build, without any changes. It uses the camera preview only to show the surrounding, it does not take pictures or anything.

ZTE Skate seems to have a working camera in JellyBean now, and there also is some progress for LG Phones.

Edited by JobSup

Guest sej7278

ZTE Skate seems to have a working camera in JellyBean now, and there also is some progress for LG Phones.

no, skate has working camera in some 3rd party apps, not the native camera app, barcode scanner etc; so its no better off than the blade.

the LG guys were the ones who got the cm9 camera working, so hopefully something will come from that.

Guest KonstaT

New build. There's been plenty of changes in the cm upstream since the last build, too many to mention anything in particular.

Camera works now with apps that don't require gpu acceleration (e.g. ICS Camera, lgCamera, etc). I added a LegacyCamera to the build (it's actually camera from 4.0.4 included in jelly bean aosp sources for sdk/emulator). There's now two similar icons titled Camera in the app drawer. First one is the legacy camera app (at least it is for me :P). Stock jelly bean camera app also works from time to time. You can use it to take pictures/enter gallery/etc but preview is not working. Camcorder still doesn't work, panorama probably never.

I made a feature where you can use volume keys to control cursor in text fields (Settings -> Language & input -> Volume key cursor control). I moved this to framework this time, so it also works with third party keyboards. Please report if you have issues using it with an external app (tested it with few keyboards and it works fine). All the functionality is there but the annoying part of cleaning up the code is yet to be done. :P I'll probably upload this to the gerrit when I'm finished with it.

And before someone asks, system size with gapps from the first post seems to be just little over 160mb. Do some trimming if you want to fit that.

cm-10-20120821-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...g212ao42b898i53

md5:9da96a360612ce60804497c08009473e

-camera works with apps that don't require gpu acceleration. Legacy camera app included.

-added option to control cursor in text fields using volume keys. Works also with third party keyboards. (Settings -> Language & input -> Volume key cursor control)

-plenty of stuff from cm10 upstream

-cm10 bootanimation (1)

-Option to enable gfx effects (1,2)

-NavigationBar : Customization (1,2)

Guest tilal6991

Well barcode scanning works and video recording partitially works but it doesn't acutally save the file. Yes it is with an external app but it works.

Got it working on the Blade as well with CFX compiled for it.

Guest KonstaT

Barcode scanner, google goggles, etc works with the above build.

Camcorder fails on initializing encoder. I wouldn't call it partially working if it doesn't save the file. ;)

Guest tilal6991

Barcode scanner, google goggles, etc works with the above build.

Camcorder fails on initializing encoder. I wouldn't call it partially working if it doesn't save the file. ;)

Ah right. BTW I've put up the fixes for streaming with the EGL hack.

Guest Loren82

I to compile, I return the same error always XD, but I applied the patch "0001-graphics-Add-directives-for-compatibility-with-older.patch"

external/v8/Android.mk:22: WARNING: Building on ARM with non-ARMv7 variant. On ARM, V8 is well tested only on ARMv7.

build/core/static_library.mk:18: *** frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec: Can not set module stem for a library.  Alto.

Guest liamdunn

I made a feature where you can use volume keys to control cursor in text fields

My god you don't know how much i've missed that from SS7! it's only a small thing but helps a lot, yeah i could of used something like keyboard pro to get it but i actually like JB keyboard not to change it for a 3rd party one.

Guest sej7278

I to compile, I return the same error always XD, but I applied the patch "0001-graphics-Add-directives-for-compatibility-with-older.patch"

external/v8/Android.mk:22: WARNING: Building on ARM with non-ARMv7 variant. On ARM, V8 is well tested only on ARMv7.

build/core/static_library.mk:18: *** frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec: Can not set module stem for a library.  Alto.

its an environment thing - doesn't build on fedora14/gcc 4.5, moved to debian7/gcc 4.7 and it works fine. interestingly cm9 doesn't have the problem, builds fine on f14, so its either something specific to cm10 that requires newer features than gcc 4.5 gives, or the fix hasn't been ported from cm9 yet. what os/gcc are you using?
$ gcc --version

gcc (Debian 4.7.1-7) 4.7.1