[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest herzblutnord

G is for GPRS, E for Edge, and H for HSPDA (also called 3G+)... so when you see an H, this means you are on a 3G connection...

ah thanks! I thought the G means gprs but was not sure about the H and the E ^^

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, can you make a new GEN 3 patch for this rom? the old cm9 one isn't working...

I see no reason why the previous patch wouldn't work. You need to install it again every time you flash/update the ROM.

New build.

cm-10-20121114-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...02g9gnkd99o6a88

md5:664b0a16b5956bf31f6aeee06c001863

-"Clear all" button on recent apps (1)

Love your work KonstaT !!

Bought myself a new phone because i wrecked the digitizer on my ZTE Blade (replacement ordered but takes weeks to arrive).

Can tell you i chose android based on my experience of your Rom on my second hand Blade.

Wished my new phone (Acer CloudMobile) had the same community and progress as this one.

Hope my replacement digitizer arrives quick so i can keep up with the Blade as my state of the art play-phone :-)

Edited by wimmme

Guest ElrOnDPT

One question for those using the latest version of this rom:

If you plug in an headphones without mic, are you still able to make phone calls with the other person listening to you?

I ask this because last time I tried the headphones were incorrectly detected and pluggin in an headphones without mic would still disable the phone mic rendering all calls useless....meaning, no calls while using phones.

Is this sorted?

Thanks and best regards,

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

I see no reason why the previous patch wouldn't work. You need to install it again every time you flash/update the ROM.

Well, i reflashed everything and still the rom doesn't boot, if i use cm9 it boots but this one doesn't...

Is it too much work to make another GEN 3 patch? Just asking

If you plug in an headphones without mic, are you still able to make phone calls with the other person listening to you?

I ask this because last time I tried the headphones were incorrectly detected and pluggin in an headphones without mic would still disable the phone mic rendering all calls useless....meaning, no calls while using phones.

Is this sorted?

Thanks and best regards,

I don't know about calls as I haven't tested it yet... but I do have a problem with notifications sounds... they are too low when using hearphones :-(

If I have Winamp playing they sound ok though... anyone with a similar problem or any fix?

@KonstaT

Thank you so much for your great work!

Is this sorted?

Thanks and best regards,

AFAIK the microphone is disabled in all CM based rom for the blade (I didn't tried on other ROM). I don't know if it is a HW issue or not. If you google this, you will find the problem has been existed in the CM7 era too.

Guest steeperton

Is this sorted?

Thanks and best regards,

Yes .If you get a call, you have to pull out the headphones to be able to talk. And the ringtone only seems to play on the external speaker, not the headphones (but it does pause music). It's been like this for a very long time, so I've learned to live with it.

As a sequence of my previous post... I don't think the phone detects the headphones so the sound goes manly to phone's speaker... some how winamp changes that but as soon as i stop winamp, all goes back to the same problem.

Guest ElrOnDPT

AFAIK the microphone is disabled in all CM based rom for the blade (I didn't tried on other ROM). I don't know if it is a HW issue or not. If you google this, you will find the problem has been existed in the CM7 era too.

I see...is it to hard to sort this out?

It seems to me to be something quite meaninfull and usefull to a lot of people....it is quite surprising to find out that this bug has been around for so long.

Other phones even with ICS have this "feature" working correctly....so...any chance to fix this Konsta? Or at least give it a look? :)

Thanks

Edited by ElrOnDPT

It seems to me to be something quite meaninfull and usefull to a lot of people....it is quite surprising to find out that this bug has been around for so long.

Other phones even with ICS have this "feature" working correctly....so...any chance to fix this Konsta? Or at least give it a look? :)

Thanks

This was a real problem for me, but I didn't found solution, it depends on our phone not GB, ICS or JB. This is why I think the problem is HW issue, or something hard to code, and maybe not the top priority for anyone (however it would be important for me too).

Edited by ddudas

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Android 4.2 is available in AOSP, they say you don't need Proprietary drivers in this one and they say its the most open-source android there is.

Guest flixblixclix

I saw the post on xda that omx libraries have been updated for armv6 processor which makes possible for working video recording on jelly bean..... could we see the future updates with camcorder working....

Guest Loren82
Android 4.2 is available in AOSP, they say you don't need Proprietary drivers in this one and they say its the most open-source android there is.

That seems very good news

Guest KonstaT

Well, i reflashed everything and still the rom doesn't boot, if i use cm9 it boots but this one doesn't...

Is it too much work to make another GEN 3 patch? Just asking

It's impossible to make another gen3 patch that would make any difference. The patch just contains prebuilt binary blobs from a gen3 stock ROM.

There is absolutely no reason why the previous patch wouldn't work. I don't have a gen3 device but it's been confirmed working several times. Are you saying that when you install this ROM without the patch it boots (without mobile connection or gps of course) and after you install the patch, it doesn't?

Most likely you're just failing somewhere in your flash process (too small system partition, don't know how to wipe, flashed corrupted packages, etc).

Thanks

Still a non-issue if you're asking me. Microphone should be muted when headphones are connected. I wouldn't call expected behavior a bug.

Lol, how come? I think you haven't got the slightest idea of what you are talking about... :P

Nexus 4 for example doesn't have AOSP support at all. That's how open source Android is these days.

I saw the post on xda that omx libraries have been updated for armv6 processor which makes possible for working video recording on jelly bean..... could we see the future updates with camcorder working....

*sigh* For about the millionth time - there are no new OMX libs, there will never be new OMX libs.

There is some work being done to make the old gingerbread OMX libs to work in Android 4.x by modifying stagefright in Android framework. Encoder works now so camcorder works to ICS standards. But it also currently breaks all video playback (just black screen, audio is played).

And btw, issues with camcorder videos in recent builds are with playback. If you play the videos with an external app or on your computer, they're actually half decent. It's just that the resolution is low (320x240) but framerate is about as good at it ever will (~8-10fps).

Guest chall32

Hey KonstaT, Looks like a way of enabling native USB tethering has been discovered: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1879660 (specifically post 17).

Any chance of reviewing this to see if it's possible in your ROM? USB tethering may not be top on everyones list, but would be a good to have, epecially for those that cant use wireless tethering...

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

It's impossible to make another gen3 patch that would make any difference. The patch just contains prebuilt binary blobs from a gen3 stock ROM.

Lol, how come? I think you haven't got the slightest idea of what you are talking about... :P

Nexus 4 for example doesn't have AOSP support at all. That's how open source Android is these days.

Scratch that, GEN 3 patch is working.

And the most open-source android thing, that was what google and AOSP said, not me...

USB tethering may not be top on everyones list, but would be a good to have, epecially for those that cant use wireless tethering...

+1 on that ... i love these newer roms but the lack of usb tether means theres rarely a sim in the blade ... great for battery flight mode ;)

if it gets added cool,if not the roms are still great :)

Guest gourav35

Hey guys I have partision of 1 GB with swap size of 128mb.. I use lot of apps if I'm using cm ROM... I had one question since this ROM support z ram comapche how much value shall I put for best performance.. extending my swap size is no bar for me. Once I had put 50 % but did not find any difference..