[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest herzblutnord

Depedensions are same as in GB. Resolution no more than 800x480, and only baseline profile for AVC, or simple for MPEG4.

.avi with resolution with 720x480 works fine with s/w decoder (but sometimes the sound seems not 100% synchrinozed to the video),

.mp4 (mpeg4(DivX)) with 720x480 works well too with h/w decoder,

and i just tried .mkv with mpeg4(DivX) and 720x480 and it just started with s/w decoder and it was laggy,

but hay, it is really awesome how much now works! ^ _ ^

ah! edit:

some of my mp4 videos are REALLY laggy with h/w decoder and a little bit laggy with s/w decoder (mpeg4(divX), 720x480)

and some work fine Ö_o

Edited by herzblutnord

Guest elrond_bs

Where? I see it not first, but don't understand, where you see "smoother than ICS".

ICS with correct composing seetings are VERY fast. CM10 are laggy after it.

If we correctly enable mdp composition in CM10, than it be fast. But if I try to enable it, parts of picture are messed up :( Why? On LG GT540 mdp composition works correct...

- CM10 is very smooth for me too - better than any other ROM! Even without tweaking anything - on fresh install, no overclocking. Tried Nova launcher, Apex and ADW-EX and Nova is fastest.

- Also Wifi and data work perfectly normal for me, sometimes wifi even turns on and connects surprisingly fast.

- About video decoding - I tested SW decoder (with a couple of test videos I have since Froyo) and it is slightly slower than on SS-RLS7 (which is the fastest I tested), but good enough.

- BUT, for me, autobrightness doen't work (it's the sensor). Can you, please, tell me if it works for any of you, and what phone do you have (I have GEN2 European Blade)?

I'll flash an older version of this ROM, I'll also try some ICS ROMs to find where it works and hope someone can help me fix it (as I'm no programmer).

So, it seems different devices have different hardware issues, may be if we share some info about our phone types, we could help each other and the devs to fix the problems easily.

Edited by elrond_bs

Guest mostertruck

Hi can someone tell me if speedtest.net is working as mine comes up with error then force close???? Also do i need to tpt if i want to go back to cm7, before i was on S.S then i used WBAW tpt to get to Gen 2 and installed CM 7 did i needed to TPT again to get this rom.(which i did). so the question is tpt neccessary every rom we all install. Like the look of this rom but to many issues also tried to install t.backup took ages.Hopefully one day it will be ironed out. May try CM9.Thanx in advance.

Edited by mostertruck

Guest robreid

I miss the " ? ! : % " keys above the letters at the keyboard, you see better in screenshot...

Me too, they made typing a lot faster.

Are they available from the 4.2 keyboard zip posted earlier?

Hello!

I miss the " ? ! : % " keys above the letters at the keyboard, you see better in screenshot...

Is it just me or it's a bug ?

Me too, they made typing a lot faster.

Are they available from the 4.2 keyboard zip posted earlier?

Disable "next word prediction" on the keyboard settings... not sure if that is the correct name for the option as I use it in portuguese, but search for something with a similar name :P

edit:

Having a long delay on WI FI turning on too :(

Edited by Rockas

update:

Not sure if this info can be usefull but the delay on wi fi turning on looks to be only when using the notification drawes widget... if using the option on system definitions it starts fast. After doing this once... looks like the widget starts working fine even after rebooting the phone.

Maybe someone can confirm this

Guest ZafaelSR

according to lolcat problem with wifi is:

i filtered only errors (if you want i can add whole log)

11-21 00:54:11.250 E/WifiHW (323): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

11-21 00:54:12.250 E/WifiHW (323): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

11-21 00:54:13.250 E/WifiHW (323): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

11-21 00:54:14.250 E/WifiHW (323): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

11-21 00:54:15.250 E/WifiHW (323): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

11-21 00:54:15.250 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed 6 times to start supplicant, unload driver

11-21 00:54:17.170 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '77 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '400 77 Softap operation failed (No such device)'

11-21 00:54:17.200 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '79 interface setcfg wlan0 0.0.0.0 0 down' failed with '400 79 Failed to set address (No such device)'

11-21 00:54:21.210 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set device name blade

11-21 00:54:21.210 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set manufacturer ZTE

11-21 00:54:21.210 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set model name Blade

11-21 00:54:21.210 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set model number Blade

11-21 00:54:21.210 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set serial number

11-21 00:54:21.220 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set WPS config methods

11-21 00:54:21.220 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set primary device type 10-0050F204-5

11-21 00:54:21.290 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set country code cz

11-21 00:54:21.320 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set country code cz

11-21 00:54:21.320 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to set frequency band 0

11-21 00:54:24.630 E/Trace (3484): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

11-21 00:54:24.880 E/Trace (3498): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

11-21 00:54:25.150 E/Trace (3514): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

11-21 00:54:25.270 E/Trace (3527): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

11-21 00:54:25.560 E/Trace (3541): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

11-21 00:55:25.720 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Failed to reload STA firmware java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '86 softap fwreload wlan0 STA' failed with '400 86 Softap operation failed (Cannot assign requested address)'

11-21 00:55:25.770 E/WifiStateMachine(323): Unable to change interface settings: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '88 interface setcfg wlan0 0.0.0.0 0 down' failed with '400 88 Failed to set address (No such device)'

after that wifi will connect

Guest KonstaT

There's also a bug on wifi, if you find it tell me just so that I don't think that i'm the only one with these graphical bugs. I don't really care about them because after a few seconds everything works.

What is your flash procedure exactly? I tested again with full wipe just to be sure and I can't reproduce any graphical glitches anywhere. Couldn't reproduce any wifi issues either.

Are these wifi issues only in few recent builds? In that case I could revert stuff I've added for wifi tethering (that doesn't quite work yet).

I also don't get picasa. Not even with the 4.1 native app. It doesn't appear on accounts

Already answered many times. Picasa sync is not AOSP feature (Google hasn't released source code for it). You need to use proprietary gallery app. Search for GalleryGoogle.apk.

When I trying CM10 old ports, it freezes sometimes, and gives some ugly graphic artifacts. May be I'll try new builds later...

And my OMX patch already ported to CM10 by XDA users without my help. :)

What you probably meant was it took some MoDaCo users to produce something that actually works. ;) It seems that XDA guys are still struggling with it. Your patch was perfect all along (thank you for that) but it took some time to get rid of the nasty hack that were known to break it.

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT, what about opening source of patch? :) I think I stay on CM10.

I have some patch updates, like working HTML5 video in browser, or OMX libs update with working proprietary mmparser(AVI, DivX, rm support) coming soon :)

Mmmh, not sure what you mean. I've been fully open source all along. Everything is in my github and I'm pointing out four patches in the second post.

Yeah, I tested your video in browser patch and it works great. :)

Guest Ganster

Mmmh, not sure what you mean. I've been fully open source all along. Everything is in my github and I'm pointing out four patches in the second post.

Oh, sorry, I missed pathes in second post)

What is your flash procedure exactly? I tested again with full wipe just to be sure and I can't reproduce any graphical glitches anywhere. Couldn't reproduce any wifi issues either.

Are these wifi issues only in few recent builds? In that case I could revert stuff I've added for wifi tethering (that doesn't quite work yet).

In my case WiFi works as it should in the newest build - starts and connects to the router within a few seconds and keeps the connection until I disconnect it.

There were some graphical glitches in the camcorder preview shortly after I installed the ROM, but now they disappeared. BTW, I'm using the 4.2 Camera and Gallery apk.

Guest thewild

Is the kernel used in this ROM different that the ones used on CM7 for instance ?

Can I flash any Kernel on this ROM instead of the default one ?

I am asking this because I am still stuck on GB because of he "GPS disconnects data" bug, and was wondering whether this could be kernel related.

Thanks !

Guest Ganster

can someone test/check speedtest app in market cause it aint working???dont know if this is a bug?

It doesn't working on CM10 or CM9 from KonstaT. What about other roms I don't know.

Guest KonstaT

In my case WiFi works as it should in the newest build - starts and connects to the router within a few seconds and keeps the connection until I disconnect it.

There were some graphical glitches in the camcorder preview shortly after I installed the ROM, but now they disappeared. BTW, I'm using the 4.2 Camera and Gallery apk.

Yeah, I forgot about that. :P I know camera preview is a bit flaky sometimes. Usually helps if restart the camera app or change camera mode so that it restarts the preview. Or you can always use third party camera apps.

I think he/she was talking about some graphic glitches besides that.

can someone test/check speedtest app in market cause it aint working???dont know if this is a bug?

Already answered several times. It doesn't work in any ICS/JB ROMs for ZTE devices because our device doesn't populate /sys/class/net/usb0/. Few apps have an issue with this.

But it's another question is why speedtest apps needs usb0 interface...

Is the kernel used in this ROM different that the ones used on CM7 for instance ?

Can I flash any Kernel on this ROM instead of the default one ?

I am asking this because I am still stuck on GB because of he "GPS disconnects data" bug, and was wondering whether this could be kernel related.

Thanks !

No, you can only use kernels made for jellybean specifically. 'GPS disconnects data' bug should be fixed now in both CM9 and CM10.

Guest thewild
No, you can only use kernels made for jellybean specifically. 'GPS disconnects data' bug should be fixed now in both CM9 and CM10.

That's excellent news ! I had not been following the ICS/JB threads very activelly lately, so I missed that changelog.

Thanks a lot !

Guest Roeloff

Thanks a lot for this KonstaT (and others) and for your perseverance with the Blade. I tried your earlier ROMs but went back to GB for camera and video camera usage. Now that everything is fixed it looks like I'll be here to stay!

For everyone else: Just installed a fresh ROM and Gapps but I can't get S2E to mount my sd-ext partition. I notice that some people have it working, so any ideas what's going on?

Here's the S2E log for what it's worth:

Initialization...

Ext partition found: /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Use built-in tune2fs

Use built-in e2fsck

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 not mounted... Exit!

Edited by Roeloff