Increasing Ringtone Help!

Guest dakid1235

Guest dakid1235

Hello,

When I first purchased my phone it had the increasing ringtone option.

I then done the vodafone update to fix the sound and that option disappeared.

But while that option disappeared my phones ringtone is still set to increasing

ringtone with no way to turn off.

I have changed my rom from u885 to AtomicMod rom in the hope the option would reappear

but it has not.

Would anyone be able to help me with my problem it is really

annoying me and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Hogweed

I'm fairly sure I had increasing ring tone setting option on B885. In any case try flashing the Modaco Gr2 ROM. It definitely has increasing ring tone option.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest eirlysbill1

I'm on AtomicMod now, and its in there: settings/device/sound then under the incoming calls section

Edited by eirlysbill1

Guest Rico_89

Same problem as the OP and guess what.. I've installed ICS and the option still hasn't reappeared, but the good news that in ICS you're no longer stuck on increasing ringtone so when you receive a call it starts off loud.

Edited by Rico_89

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest WackoJackoUK

Hi guys.

I know a few of us are wondering how we can change this. My OH has the G300 and was on stock 885 so we upgraded OTA and it's definitely not there.

However my mum has the same phone now and is on 882 and it definitely is an option. I can't remember if it was on 885 or not so am eagerly watching this thread to see if there is a resolution.

Worst case I guess we just wait for the Official ICS update which should be here soon.

Guest andysterling

I had this same problem with the custom gingerbread roms, it was there in stock also but put atomic or the like on and the option disappeared and it's still increasing in volume, the only way round was either go back to a stock rom or upgrade to ICS, the latter is the better option for me.

Guest Damnome

i've got the same problem on stock OTA upgrade to B892- it's also much more quiet that my Sanfrancisco...

Edited by Damnome

Guest huggyc

i've got the same problem on stock OTA upgrade to B892- it's also much more quiet that my Sanfrancisco...

likewise. recently purchased, updated ota to B892. Apparently stuck in the 'quiet bit' of Ascending ringtone with no obvious way to change, or make it 'increasing'. This from a 'speaker problem' update. :angry:

Guest Merwenus

How can Vodafone Fix it, when we use the Vodafones latest FW? They would just reset to factory settings, and do a hardware reset. And loose all of your data, then they will say, sorry, its not fixable.

Btw I am having the same issue, tried this application:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neces.ascending_ringtone&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5uZWNlcy5hc2NlbmRpbmdfcmluZ3RvbmUiXQ..

But sometimes it is working like charm, but when it goes sleep, the program just turns off, and not working properly.

Any1 has some Root tweak, to fix this? Because it is very annoying. Trying to use SVOX, but useless with this bug.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...