Imei Problem

Guest Rostilj xD

Guest Gary_J_Wright

In the guide it says make a copy on your sdcard, a copy on your PC and on a flash drive.... and you have none of these copies?

Exactly why you NEED all these copies cause accidents happen

Guest Rostilj xD

Nothing founded by recuva.. I don`t know what to do! I bought phone from telenor serbia.. and can i back to telenor rom and go to shop and send the phone to servis... But WHERE IS TELENOR STOK ROM??! I have backup of that rom... but when I install it .. I have huawei boot loader .. and by stock It is Telenor.. What to do? I can upload backup (no pass and personal things in it) But can anyone make Update.zip for me?

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!!!

Guest Rostilj xD

Thamks cicki .. but i don`t understend step 10

0thDFS in the ports and then on "dbAdapter Reserved Interface" double click. In the frame below then double-click the Detected phone .

What flame below??

Guest Rostilj xD

Thanks CICKI I DIT It... I GET MY EMAIL BACK... THANKS TO ALL .... :DD BEST FORUM... BEST PEOPLE... BEST BEST BEST.. THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!!! :DD

Guest cicki

sorry i don't have a G300 and i cannot tell you about which frame they write.

As i understood is about the screen taht appears after you double-clicked the DBAdapter Reserved Interface.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Hi all

I am lost my 5irom folder with my IMEI backup.. And my Imei was 0.Now I have my Imei back and I do this:

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode

3. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

5. Restart the phone

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

11. When all finish go to ports and disabe dbAdapter Reserved Interface.Unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Thats all.. you now have YOUR IMEI!!! Dial *#06# for check.

Thanks to cicki for founding this tutorial and thanks to tutorial maker :)

YOU DO IT AT ONLY YOUR RISK!!!

copied from Rostilj xd post

Guest Rico_89

Hi all

I am lost my 5irom folder with my IMEI backup.. And my Imei was 0.Now I have my Imei back and I do this:

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode

3. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

5. Restart the phone

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

11. When all finish go to ports and disabe dbAdapter Reserved Interface.Unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Thats all.. you now have YOUR IMEI!!! Dial *#06# for check.

Thanks to cicki for founding this tutorial and thanks to tutorial maker :)

YOU DO IT AT ONLY YOUR RISK!!!

copied from Rostilj xd post

What can I say but damn good find there cicki.

It's great to have a safety net when altering your IMEI number and it will make the process slightly less stressful, although I really hope people don't look at this as something to fall back on .. Really just make sure you back up your IMEI number in as many places as you can.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest RicardoABCosta

Hi,

I made a downgrade to b882 and made a backup to my IMEI... but only saved the "imeibackup" folder with 3 files in it. My IMEI is 0 right now, so no network (vodafone) for me now.... so I went and restored it with 5IromToolBox and it gave me no errors. When rebooting the phone, it still gives me IMEI 0 (zero).

Im rooted.

What am I missing here?

Regards.

PS: I've already replaced the files on the sdcard\5irom\imeibackup with the ones I've saved elsewhere... nothing happened...

I tryed the guide on this thread but it gives me the same error ... Background open setting is not "0".

Edited by RicardoABCosta

I found similar and I don't know why. if I install any ROM other than b927 my imei is blank therefore no network, no restores work. So i'm stuck with b927 atm!

I think my problem is caused by upgrading from stock (when I got the phone) straight to b927.

Edited by cddt

Guest RicardoABCosta

At first went from stock to b885 and then to b926 (chinese version). Then I had problems upgrading it normally to b927... no method worked... it all crashed during installation... then I managed to upgrade to b927 from the flashable .zip. Wasn't happy with it so I downgraded to b882 and, as expected, my Imei was lost to zero (0)... on b882 I couldn't manage to restore my Imei that I backedup earlier and I was getting worried and thinking that I had bricked my phone... and then I tryed upgrading it from b882 to b927 by the "normal" way (up+down volume press and power up) and it installed perfectly... and... when I checked, it automatically restored my Imei. Didn't had to manully restore it with 5iromtoolbox.

Its now running b927, european version, smoothly and I have no complains so far.

@cddt:

Are you on b927? try to downgrade to b882 (search the forum for the rom). Then proceed to upgrade, the normal way as I described above (dload and vendor), to b927 and see if restores your Imei. Don't forget, whatever you do, backup FIRST your Imei and save it in multiple locations on your PC/USB Flashdrive/Whatever with 5IromToolBox - search the forum for the guide to backup the Imei. -Caution as you do something wrong or omit some of the step you will brick your phone dead!-

Cheers,

RC

Guest Hogweed

Just a general reminder (not to anyone in particular) that you cannot switch between B926/927 ICS ROMs and any earlier Gingerbread versions by using CWM Recovery. You MUST use the full update packages to switch as different radio interfaces are flashed to firmware. You MUST backup IMEI and make multiple remote copies. You MAY need to use one or both of the tricks to fool the bootloader.

Some of the symptoms being reported may be consistent with using CWM to change between ICS and GB.

You can switch between B926 and B927 based ROMS using CWM but that's all for now.

Edited by Hogweed

Thank Hogweed. Your information explains my problems, don't think I saw anywhere about different radios.

Full update packages are now hanging, so need to try the bootloader tricks. One for tomorrow I think!

Thanks @RicardoABCosta