[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest TangerineTractor

Not on any ics rom.

Fair enough. Doesn;t seem worth the hassle of installing then, since I prefer swype/touchpal..

Interestingly, there's a new 4.2 Gmail apk floating around on xda - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1934081, seems to add a few features and work better than the stock one.. I'm giving it a try at the moment, might even stop using aquamail and revert to it, seems to manage converstaions a bitmore cleanly than the old version.

Tillaz - been using B06 since last night (brand new G300, was on stock 2.3 before I did what had to be done...) and it's been working flawlessly. The only thing I haven't been able to test is calling and tethering as I'm awaiting my sim unlock code before I can use it as a "phone", lol.

Smooth, no slowdowns, fantastic. I'll report back when the sim's inside.

Guest TangerineTractor

Quick summary:

IT ALL WORKS. Nice and smooth. For some reason, playing music took ages before it suddenly started working (I use Mixzing player).

I personally don't think it's quite as fast as Stock+ - occasionally there's a little lag and apps take ten seconds to load - but that's probably just me being picky. Antutu rates them both very similarly when fully loaded with my preferred apps. Certainly for me this would appear to be a viable option as a daily rom as an alternative to Stock+... still yet to be convinced of the benefits of CM9. Of course CM10 would be a game-changer.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Hi Tillaz,

I've installed B06, and everything is working very well, so great work!

Question: I understand that the keyboard is Android Jellybean, which is supposed to have offline voice-to-text, but when I go offline the microphone button is greyed out and doesn't work.

When I go online on the other hand, the voice-to-text works, but is happening in real-time (rather than fetching results from a server) and is quite poor (as if it is in fact offline which maybe behaves like that).

I've tried using English (US) rather than English (UK) with no difference. I also tried to install the LatinImeGoogle.apk that you posted some posts back, but it wouldn't install saying that there was already something with that name but with a different signature.

Would be grateful for any clarification about this - I am a complete noob with smartphones. I would really like some way of getting voice-to-text working offline in some way (I didn't find any other keyboards that have this).

I had problem moving from B03 to B05 with contacts, favorites was not working and when I go to dialer and choose frequently called I get that contact can not be found even it's there, I already wrote about that. And sometimes dialer stop responding so need to be closed and reopened again. I flashed few times B05 but every time when I use GoBackup same problem emerges. And ofcourse I did every time wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, format system and even Dalvik cache.

So I decided to flash B06 not using GoBackup, I deleted all contacts and then retyped them all (86, pain in the a**) and now favorites work ok and didn't get dialer to freeze so far.

But I have another problem, I have music on my SD card and I can play it via walkman but I can't put it to be ringtone, that worked fine on B05. When I go to "settings-sound-phone ringtone" and pick "local music" nothing happen, it just close that last window like i pressed "back". Anyone have that problem?

I deleted all contacts and then retyped them all (86, pain in the a**) and now favorites work ok and didn't get dialer to freeze so far.

Wouldn't it have been easier to backup/restore contacts to/from Google or am I missing something here?

So, I put the Red Theme to the ROM.

And was planning to get back to the default theme. How do I do that?

Can't see a default theme ZIP offhand so if it does not exist could you perhaps look at the contents of one of the existing theme zips and then copy the relevant bits from the B06 image zip, zip them up and then apply them?

app\Browser.apk

app\Contacts.apk

app\LatinIME.apk

app\Settings.apk

app\SystemUI.apk

framework\framework-res.apk

Obviously backup first if you do try this! I'm sure that somebody who knows more than me will be along if I am wrong... :)

Tillaz i'm getting 2 KB/s MAX download speed from ubuntuone via PC, ramping down to 56 B/s. Geez that's the shittiest download speed i've ever reached in AGES.

Could you please provide a second mirror?

Tillaz i'm getting 2 KB/s MAX download speed from ubuntuone via PC, ramping down to 56 B/s. Geez that's the shittiest download speed i've ever reached in AGES.

Could you please provide a second mirror?

i get 350kbs on a mobile connection, have you tried resetting your internet ?

Wouldn't it have been easier to backup/restore contacts to/from Google or am I missing something here?

I tryed that after GoBackup but problem with contacts remained.

Anyone have problem putting mp3 song as a ringtone?

Also, I had problem with SD card as default storage but fixed with link Tillaz posted earlier. And I did not experience any CallerID lag so far :)

Edited by IvanSA

4.2 keyboard: flash in recovery (this wont overwright the stock ics one so you still need to select it as default )

http://ubuntuone.com...Abh60eCgYS4QOmK

stock theme: (flash in recovery)

http://ubuntuone.com/3yYKu5NjsGnjZU1HJChfY8

I tryed that after GoBackup but problem with contacts remained.

Anyone have problem putting mp3 song as a ringtone?

try doing it threw the Walkman music app

Update to my previous post -

Phone now sim unlocked and I'm using things as normal. Thus far everything's perfect. I had 1 random reboot which I think was down to be overclocking too high (1.3GHz), now set to 1.19GHz and no reboots. Calls, SMS, Internet calling (voip via csipsimple) perfect. Angry birds perfect. Navigating around, launcher, web browsing - perfect.

Tethering is working when Open, when I enabled WPA-PSK it connected but without net access (stuck on identifying...), haven't tried WPA2 yet.