[ROM] [ICS] [B952] INFUSION [CM FEATURES] [B06]

Guest tillaz

Guest predragiPredrag

no, this ROM was discontinued on along time ago... but you can flash the new drivers over any ROM

here is the flashable zip for ICS, make a backup first

JB_Adreno_Drivers_for_ICS.zip

also, when it come's to comparing stuff on here you'r best doing it your self as everyone has there own opinion / uses there phone different

you battery life really depends on how "you" use your phone and what apps you have installed etc. ;)

Great thanks :) I really liked the trick with renaming the device for game purposes :)

Btw are both B06 and B07 based on stock rom, because I am not great fan of CM for G300 it has

in call quality worse than stock :) (people complain about it)

And just one more question is there any big diff between B06 and B07, or I should just use B06 :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest tillaz

Great thanks smile.png I really liked the trick with renaming the device for game purposes smile.png

Btw are both B06 and B07 based on stock rom, because I am not great fan of CM for G300 it has

in call quality worse than stock smile.png (people complain about it)

And just one more question is there any big diff between B06 and B07, or I should just use B06 smile.png

its based on stock, i would recommend using B06 as its the most complete version.

Guest ppatrao

Hi, i'm using B06 for quite sometime in Portugal Vodafone and everything was fine (except for the caller id lag)

I moved to Newark, NJ last month and bought a t-mobile sim card and since then i only have EDGE data connection... baseband 2030 from 927...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest tillaz

Hi, i'm using B06 for quite sometime in Portugal Vodafone and everything was fine (except for the caller id lag)

I moved to Newark, NJ last month and bought a t-mobile sim card and since then i only have EDGE data connection... baseband 2030 from 927...

Any ideas?

Thanks

APN settings ?

Guest ppatrao

APN settings are fine, checked with store. If i put the sim card on another device, it gives 3G or 4G depending, but mine only has Edge2 and in portugal i always had HSDPA+11

Is it something to do with RIL related? should i re-install infusion ROM, another baseband (currently 2030)?

thanks

Guest tillaz

APN settings are fine, checked with store. If i put the sim card on another device, it gives 3G or 4G depending, but mine only has Edge2 and in portugal i always had HSDPA+11

Is it something to do with RIL related? should i re-install infusion ROM, another baseband (currently 2030)?

thanks

HSPA+ is actually 15, not 11, i only found this out my self after getting the nexus 4,

but anyway... you said in Portugal, you "had" HSPA, are you in a different country now ?

as this might be the problem because different country's use different bands, and if you'r phone dose not support the band it wont be able to use it

i would try a clean install with a full wipe

Guest PiCiNk0

Mate, this rom is just AMAZING. Ive been looking for rom which has battery life good enough so it doesnt die till end of the day. 20 hours on battery and i still have 30% after playing games, 3g and so on... Its fast its smooth it has some of the features from CM. Really nice work man ;) Donating next month for sure. Finally found my daily driver :D Thank you!

Guest ppatrao

HSPA+ is actually 15, not 11, i only found this out my self after getting the nexus 4,

but anyway... you said in Portugal, you "had" HSPA, are you in a different country now ?

as this might be the problem because different country's use different bands, and if you'r phone dose not support the band it wont be able to use it

i would try a clean install with a full wipe

Actually i'm in Newark New Jersey, EUA right now for a couple of months.

I was in Portugal first and the ROM gave me 3G all the time, by a different baseband you mean i have to step out of Infusion and go stock?!

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, i'm really frustrated and a glimpse away from trowing this brick to the wall ;)

Guest tillaz

Actually i'm in Newark New Jersey, EUA right now for a couple of months.

I was in Portugal first and the ROM gave me 3G all the time, by a different baseband you mean i have to step out of Infusion and go stock?!

Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks, i'm really frustrated and a glimpse away from trowing this brick to the wall ;)

no, as in the Frequency band, like 1900Mhz / 2100mhz etc.

this is a hardware limitation, if the phones radio dose not support the band your network uses it wont work regardless of ROM / baseband

i have no idea what bands the G300 supports or what your network uses, so it might not be the case

EDIT:

you can check here (first three lines)

http://www.gsmarena....d_g300-4594.php

it could be that the network your using now uses the 1800Mhz band for HSPA, which the G300 dose not support

if its the same on other ROMs you will know

Guest Pyntux

no, this ROM was discontinued on along time ago... but you can flash the new drivers over any ROM

here is the flashable zip for ICS, make a backup first

JB_Adreno_Drivers_for_ICS.zip

also, when it come's to comparing stuff on here you'r best doing it your self as everyone has there own opinion / uses there phone different

you battery life really depends on how "you" use your phone and what apps you have installed etc. ;)

Can I flash this on stock B952 or cm9 or on which rom can?

Edited by Pyntux

Guest dipacheco

Hi guys, can you please help me? I use this rom and i've noticed a little problem. The phone that is listed on google play is not my phone. I've a huawei ascend g300 and the phone that appears there is HTC Desire... How can i change this?! Thanks.

Guest Higgy69

Hi guys, can you please help me? I use this rom and i've noticed a little problem. The phone that is listed on google play is not my phone. I've a huawei ascend g300 and the phone that appears there is HTC Desire... How can i change this?! Thanks.

Don't worry about it. It has been changed to allow for more compatibility. Both phones have the same Hardware.

Guest DeeNuttyDJ

Just put on the latest rom to my phone and seen a update from a older version i had on my phone, my sim contacts would not show, unless i imported them. I never needed to do this on the older version

is this a glitch? or is there any way around

Andrew

Guest Paulzie

After playing with some JB ROMs I concluded the G300 isn't up to the task of running those. I've came back to this ICS ROM and am loving the speed. It's a keeper. Nova desktop is awesome :)

@tillaz, if you wanted to roll to an official [b07] ROM then may I suggest the following packages for inclusion? I've included these in this download: G300-Infusion-ICS-suggested-apps.rar (6.2mb). Vodafone Australia have just released an official 4.0.3 ROM for the G300+ available at http://huaweimobile.com.au/support/detail/ascend-g300-plus . That one has modems that support 850/900/2100Mhz 3G. Could that be a good base to build off?

Email + exchange to allow email from yahoo, hotmail, etc. Since the Infusion ROM didn't include this and a google search didn't give any indicator on how to fix this, it initially made it a deal breaker. I resorted to trying other ROMS until I got this feature, then didn't like the other ROMs performance/features and went back to Infusion with renewed vigour to resolve it. Randomly tried installing exchange.apk and email.apk from another ICS ROM and fixed it :)

Super Keyboard Pro . Grabbed this from the G300 Samsung S3 replica ICS ROM. One of the best keyboards I've used.

Apollo music player. Not available on the Play store. Very nice player.

HwFileManager. If want more control over files than the default file manager provides. Useful if doing IMEI changes.

Torch. Allows use of the LED flash as a torch at night.

Huge battery life savings if run in 2G rather then 3G mode

One last worthy point. Switching from 3G to 2G data mode makes a huge difference for battery life on this phone albeit at a loss in data performance. Not a big deal if doing minor browsing or email checking. Two packages very useful to automate and make this easy being:

Toggle 2G and Switch 2G/3G from the Play Store. The former switching the G300 automatically to 2G mode when in sleep to save battery and optional set back to 3G when awake. The latter useful if you want to manually switch 2G<->3G, appearing as a item in the pulldown notification area.

Edited by Paulzie