[JB] [GUIDE] How to get Google Now with Voice on JellyBean [UPDATED - 20/07]

Guest tilal6991

Guest Wes1180

I have a problem, at first it did not work, I didn't have the google app so I read that I needed a larger system partition, using TPT Helper I made it larger, I read that it needed to be 230, so I decided a little more can't hurt and made it 250.

When I re installed the rom and this I no longer have any google apps installed, so I am a little stuck, what can I do?

I am using the ZTE Blade, whilst I realise this is the Skate forums, I got linked here from the Blade forums

EDIT: I have fixed it so I don't need any help

Edited by Wes1180

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tilal6991

Yes it does.

Anyone having mic problems - be sure to use the "Voice Search for Google Now" app and not the inbuilt voice search in google now.

Guest Josh92

Yes it does.

Anyone having mic problems - be sure to use the "Voice Search for Google Now" app and not the inbuilt voice search in google now.

Oh right so you need to use that all the time, thought it was just the one off. Shame the shortcuts can't be used then. :(

Guest tilal6991

Oh right so you need to use that all the time, thought it was just the one off. Shame the shortcuts can't be used then. :(

Yeah. Blame google and stupid ARMv7 libs.

Guest Josh92

how can i flash new gapps over the old one ???

Just flash it?

Does the latest stripped Gapps have the 'Google' app? I don't seem to have it. On a 185mb system with latest CFX2 build.

Guest Josh92

can someone make a video how to do that properly ??? please

You've flashed stuff before right? No need for a video, just download the new gapps, go to clockworkmod & install via zip then just reboot. If things go to plan you hopefully shouldn't need to wipe anything.

Guest wash6urn

i have flashed 20120816 cfx2 version with 20120815 stripped gapps and went through the steps and it won't work ( partition 230 MB)

keeps saying 'didn't catch that, try something else'

Guest Josh92
i have flashed 20120816 cfx2 version with 20120815 stripped gapps and went through the steps and it won't work ( partition 230 MB)

keeps saying 'didn't catch that, try something else'

Are you using the voice search app? You can't use the Google Now voice search due to Google using arm7 libs. Annoyingly.

Guest WiiSky70

What the heck i did wrong ?

I was doing the setup and instructions fine , and when i wan't to talk in the Google Now app it says

" I don't understand" even if trying to say something.

This is weired any help ?

Guest trueno2k

What is this VoiceSearch app do we refer to in step 5?... I can only see the stripped gapps link!... Am I suppose to download & install the voice search app from the Play Store?...

Guest trueno2k
You have o use the voice search app and not the built in voice search.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the guide in op has changed?... I can remember there being a link to the hacked voice search or something that will give you three different voice search apps when you've gone through the guide steps?...

Guest razzmataz1478
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the guide in op has changed?... I can remember there being a link to the hacked voice search or something that will give you three different voice search apps when you've gone through the guide steps?...

Twas always there..

Guest trueno2k
Are you using the voice search app? You can't use the Google Now voice search due to Google using arm7 libs. Annoyingly.

You have o use the voice search app and not the built in voice search.
I was just about to ask the question, whats wrong with the Google Now search function, but you already answered my question, so sad! :(

Doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to be on the real deal!?... It's funny how you have to press the search key on the screen keyboard to start searching once you spoke your search!... :P

hacked voice search apk (jb)

http://db.tt/Zv17oMfn

:)

Is this just the one you can get with GB over the Play Store?...

Guest plegdroid

I was just about to ask the question, whats wrong with the Google Now search function, but you already answered my question, so sad! :(

Doesn't quite work the way it's supposed to be on the real deal!?... It's funny how you have to press the search key on the screen keyboard to start searching once you spoke your search!... :P

Is this just the one you can get with GB over the Play Store?...

evening. morning :D no that is the modded version by tilal, as was posted at the op :)

Guest trueno2k
evening. morning :D no that is the modded version by tilal, as was posted at the op :)
Just did a fresh TPT on my OMC & flashed latest CFX2 & stripped gapps, and finally got the one in the stripped gapps to work how it is intended to be used ( the hacked way )... And, I know now what the three versions of search is on the app drawer, 1 is for google now ( velvet.apk ), 1 for GoogleNow search ( googlenowvoicesearch.apk ) & 1 for Voice Search ( googlevoicesearch.apk, which is used in conjunction with Google Now Search )...

On a side note!... Was just wondering why this ROM is using a 3rd party camera app?... Is the native one not working at all?...