Mokee OS port?

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31

Could somebody try to port the Mokee OS onto the g300, as it looks pretty darn good :D . I saw it on the ZTE skate forums and I just pooped myself thinking about it.

Its a gingerbread based rom, not ICS but it does look like a really good rom looks-wise! Heres a link to check it out yourself:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/355776-[ROM][ZTE-Skate]-MoKeeOS-v1.10---CM7.2---Android-2.3.7-(12/07/2012)

Edited by kyan31

It is unlikely to happen, the devs here are more interested in ics/jelly bean. If they made a port, how many would really use it with ics available?

Guest unaszplodrmann

I almost thought someone had actually managed to port some obscure OS onto an Android device for a second there... Why do people insist on giving repack/skinning jobs grandiose titles? :lol:

Guest kyan31

Yeah, I guess thats true. However, people seem to be having problems with ICS right now, so gingerbread might be adequate until 4.1 JB is released.

Guest kyan31
I almost thought someone had actually managed to port some obscure OS onto an Android device for a second there... Why do people insist on giving repack/skinning jobs grandiose titles? :lol:

It did have a question mark at the end! :D

Guest unaszplodrmann

It did have a question mark at the end! :D

Heh, indeed it did! I am still dreaming that sme existing Android devices might get Tizen in future... Well, I can dream, can't I? ;)

Guest dragpyre

Yeah, I guess thats true. However, people seem to be having problems with ICS right now, so gingerbread might be adequate until 4.1 JB is released.

I highly doubt that the G300 will get an official JB update.

Someone might port CM10 onto it though if we're lucky.

I'm still waiting for an ICS ROM with OCing!

You might be waiting quite some time as I don't see any kernel devs with a G300. :(

I know it is a real bummer man, we had source for time :( I believe Dazzozo was working on OC though, so there is hope yet :)

Guest unaszplodrmann

I highly doubt that the G300 will get an official JB update.

Huawei have stated that the G300 will get a Jelly Bean update. It was announced at the same time as the G330, if I remember correctly. How long that will take is another matter. Either way, it will be quite a while before they release the kernel source for an Android 4.1 ROM.

Guest andy.hyde4

Huawei have stated that the G300 will get a Jelly Bean update. It was announced at the same time as the G330, if I remember correctly. How long that will take is another matter. Either way, it will be quite a while before they release the kernel source for an Android 4.1 ROM.

Yes huawei did indeed state that the g300 along with the honour and other will get official jellybean

Guest Dazzozo

Theoretically it shouldn't take too long for the Jelly Bean upgrade, but this is Huawei so...

Might even have OpenGL this time because that's what all the Project Butter stuff is. <_<

Guest andy.hyde4
Theoretically it shouldn't take too long for the Jelly Bean upgrade, but this is Huawei so...

Might even have OpenGL this time because that's what all the Project Butter stuff is. <_<

Yes that would be a very good thing for them to finally include

Guest mr_mufy

I'm from a OSF user, and used this rom, and i can tell to you. My 600mhz of OSF it's more quiker that this 1Ghz of huAWEI.

I'm shore it's the Kernel, so if some one try to port the rom, we have a great surprise abut the performance.